TXTaz

George Springer 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

dudes kind of gone ice cold the past few weeks.  not really worried about anything, just mentioning it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, herschel said:

dudes kind of gone ice cold the past few weeks.  not really worried about anything, just mentioning it....

 

3 for his last 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got absolutely robbed of a three run game-tying homer by Grichuk.  Caught it well over the fence.  And it was an oppo job as well.  A patented George heater is just around the corner...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShaneMT31 said:

Got absolutely robbed of a three run game-tying homer by Grichuk.  Caught it well over the fence.  And it was an oppo job as well.  A patented George heater is just around the corner...

true but he was absolutely brutal for a month.  hopefully as you said he can get hot going into all star break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

true but he was absolutely brutal for a month.  hopefully as you said he can get hot going into all star break.

 

He’s always been pretty streaky. I remember when he came up he was abysmal for two months, then the next month+ he single handedly willed teams into the playoffs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

 

He’s always been pretty streaky. I remember when he came up he was abysmal for two months, then the next month+ he single handedly willed teams into the playoffs. 

Yep.  This is his MO.  You get some cold streaks and some molten lava streaks.  Ends up with good numbers for roto owners.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it's a bad thing necessarily, but the Stros are starting to look like clowns batting this guy #1. Move him where he belongs. When he's actually hitting that's 3rd. Right now? 6th. Move him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AHF said:

Yep.  This is his MO.  You get some cold streaks and some molten lava streaks.  Ends up with good numbers for roto owners.

 

And a bit of a nightmare to own in H2H.  You have to have a couple of good OF bench bats to use when he is cold and hope when he heats up you get him in in time not to miss his multi-homer games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

despite this cold steak, he will be fine... still an elite outfield bat. It doesnt help that hes having some bad batted ball luck and getting homers taken away lol

 

Edit: I guess the bad luck is real, misses a HR by a few feet again

Edited by NoHablaIngles
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a benching is warranted until he shows signs of life.  Its brutal to keep taking these 0’fers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

I think a benching is warranted until he shows signs of life.  Its brutal to keep taking these 0’fers.

 

He lives on my bench 3/4 of the season.  I just trout him our when he starts warming up for his hot streaks.  Otherwise he sits on my bench and watches JD show him how a fantasy stud should hit ... with consistency.  I don't really understand how he is so streaky to the point of insanity.  He seems like a sharp guy.  Why is he the way he is?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

His OPS is now under .800. 

Where we at now ? 5 for his last 60?  He's become Matt Carpenter from April.

Edited by JetsAwesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

And yet they keep sticking inat leadoff. Mind boggling. 


You gotta drop this guy. He's killing your team!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:


You gotta drop this guy. He's killing your team!

 

You're going to drop George Springer?  Lol.  Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 89Topps said:

 

You're going to drop George Springer?  Lol.  Ok.

 

He’s either joking or had his head bashed one too many times by an Ent.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

 

You're going to drop George Springer?  Lol.  Ok.

 

 

I'm gonna bet that Gandalf was joking there... at least I really hope he was.

 

1UPr.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

 

 

I'm gonna bet that Gandalf was joking there... at least I really hope he was.

 

1UPr.gif

 

Gandalf, despite his old age, was indeed joking. 

 

It’s a bad slump but this too shall pass. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

 

Gandalf, despite his old age, was indeed joking. 

 

It’s a bad slump but this too shall pass. 

 

I thought you shall not pass?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marcus Anthony said:

*insert Gandolf "you shall not pass" GIF*

 

tumblr_mqv3dkTiU91rdrzfmo1_250.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.