Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBoatmen

Tim Anderson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, herschel said:

if thats not a breakout, not sure what is?  

one cat breakout sure

1 minute ago, mjuevos said:

one cat breakout sure

depends how you define breakout i guess, but to me, a breakout would be someone who greatly out produces his draft position.  40+ sbs would put him in some pretty elite company and  escalate his adp for next season tremendously. 

56 minutes ago, herschel said:

depends how you define breakout i guess, but to me, a breakout would be someone who greatly out produces his draft position.  40+ sbs would put him in some pretty elite company and  escalate his adp for next season tremendously. 

sure i can agree with that :)

5 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

Double and a SB, You spoke too soon.

Guess so, but I'm happy to speak too soon if I get a hit and a SB out of it. :)  I think it happened pretty shortly after I posted too.

Worked two more walks last night and stole his 7th base. Hoping he some how gets moved to the two spot. Garcia has been struggling in that two spot and may be better off hitting 4th or 5th like he did last year. 

Small sample size but for your entertainment.  

Turner- 8r/1hr/3rbi/8sb/16k/236avg/687ops

Anderson-9r/3hr/5rbi/8sb/16k/232avg/728ops

3 minutes ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

Tim Anderson leading off today.  Shocking not to see him at 7/8!

Hoping for a SB today!

32 minutes ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

Tim Anderson leading off today.  Shocking not to see him at 7/8!

I think Renteria's new plan is to bat Anderson lead-off against lefties and Moncada against righties. 

2 HR's last night, followed up with a 2 K dud today...how is everyone feeling about him at this point?

On 4/10/2018 at 7:59 PM, bigbluecrew56 said:

I'll take .260 75 18 75 40 out of my MI spot. 

This. 

1 hour ago, Akecheta said:

2 HR's last night, followed up with a 2 K dud today...how is everyone feeling about him at this point?

I feel pretty confident about him hitting around .260 with 20 HR and 40 SB. Might blow way past 40 SB. One of the fastest players in baseball and a great feel for stealing bases. My memory ain't perfect, but I believe two of his four career CS are on pickoffs, one on a stolen hit and run sign. So he's 30/32 on straight steal attempts. Not too shabby. Considering how much he's been running this year (foul balls have robbed him of another handful of steals) it's going to be hard to keep him out of the overall top 100, maybe even top 50 if the BA inches toward .275 and the HRs toward 25. 

f--- it, I'm starting a 25-50 watch for Timmy. Currently on pace for 33-48. Only Bonds and Eric Davis have ever had 25-50 seasons. 

2 hours ago, sleepysock said:

f--- it, I'm starting a 25-50 watch for Timmy. Currently on pace for 33-48. Only Bonds and Eric Davis have ever had 25-50 seasons. 

he stopped taking walks + doesnt seem to attempt steals at the same rate as first 3or4 weeks of the season. at this point i would say 25hrs much more doable than 50 steals for him

Probably looking at 15 HR, 25 SB season when you factor in the inevitable games off, slumps that mitigate him to the bench, etc. 

15/25 is great especially when you consider his draft day cost which was zero in most cases.