Flyman75

Justin Turner 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Justin Turner is not in the lineup on Tuesday against the Pirates due to soreness in his wrist. 

This is not good, imo. 

Advice: Turner will reportedly be back in the lineup on Wednesday. The veteran third baseman fractured his left wrist earlier in the year, and will likely need some rest and recovery time at various points in 2018.

Sounds like he's going to have to be relegated to owners' benches for a while. I'd rather him go back on the DL. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Justin Turner is not in the lineup on Tuesday against the Pirates due to soreness in his wrist. 

latest?cb=20140601135932

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

This is not good, imo. 

Advice: Turner will reportedly be back in the lineup on Wednesday. The veteran third baseman fractured his left wrist earlier in the year, and will likely need some rest and recovery time at various points in 2018.

Sounds like he's going to have to be relegated to owners' benches for a while. I'd rather him go back on the DL. 

I didn't take this as good news either. I would like to get more info from some Dodger sources.

First time Turner owner here. Last time Turner owner here.

3 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

First time Turner owner here. Last time Turner owner here.

First time owner as well but i looked up his splits and June is noticeably his best month so I think we can wait til the end of the month to decide on next years fate. 

On 6/8/2018 at 2:03 AM, mevins31 said:

Power is sapped even when he has good abs 

We don't care if he has a washboard...we just want the power!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Halo Fan said:

We don't care if he has a washboard...we just want the power!

Image result for i see what you did there gif

What’s the concern level here? He’s been in the lineup which is promising that he hasn’t had another wrist setback. The power hasn’t been there which can be understandable but the batting average has been real bad

9 hours ago, SpartanDawg said:

What’s the concern level here? He’s been in the lineup which is promising that he hasn’t had another wrist setback. The power hasn’t been there which can be understandable but the batting average has been real bad

The jinx worked! ? good to see him hit one out today. Hopefully a sign of him coming around 

Strained abductor muscle - won't play tonight, I could see him not returning until after the break.

Still out of the lineup. Not good, and unexpected. I guess shoulder (?) is worse than first thought? Maybe he reinjured it in that video on Lake Tahoe high-fiving Alex Wood after acquiring Machado. 

Kind of a cool story but I imagine other people may be in the same boat. I picked up Franco when Turner went down. Now not sure if I have a spot for Turner when he comes off the DL. Especially if they're going to give him regular rest and he's going to OPS sub 800. I'm just not seeing it this year for Turner. Am I overreacting ? I mean - it's August.

Edited by fletch44

I think Turner could go off and get hot in this line up, so that scares me about moving him, but at the same time I'm worried about PT.  The Dodgers have a very crowded hitting situation.  Especially in the infield.  They seem like the type of team that likes to move people around and give everyone some ABs.   Things could shake out where a player or too fades, while others get hot, and as such roles become more solidified, but overall it's looking like the only player guaranteed a full time gig is Machado, and he plays SS & 3B. 

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

Those of us holding Turner are hoping he’ll bust loose with some numbers before the season ends but I’m not betting on it. I wonder what his trade value will be like in the offseason? Based on his age and injury history I’m thinking it will be rather low. Is Turner just a “name throw in” that has average trade value at best now? Maybe only LAD fans will want him? Btw, the managers in my keeper league have shown no interest in him.