SpecialFNK

Joc Pederson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Dudes been amazing needs everyday abs 

No he does not need every day abs, and Dodgers don't need his s---y split against lefties especially when they have Kike who's a lefty masher.

With the terrible start that they had they can't take any chances and they can't wait for Joc to suddenly figure out how to hit lefties.

I suggest you just pick up Kike and platoon them just like how Dodgers use them if you have space on your bench

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, rlaalsrb said:

Kike who's a lefty masher.

Mashing then to the tune of a .215 avg. He’s killin it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

Mashing then to the tune of a .215 avg. He’s killin it!

Are you talking this season? he has a career 850 OPS against LHP.

Oh and you wanna talk about 2018 then? with a 0.215 avg, Kike's OPS vs LHP (700) is still DOUBLE Joc's OPS (350)

lmao yes he's killin it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Except last 2 games benched in row after hot streak... it just tells you he aint real starter.

Another bomb.  

If only he hit leadoff every game vs. RHP he would still have excellent value.  Maybe he will soon.  

Another sit. Such a beast

He’s like a notch just above a pinch-hitter with all these sits against LHP

It's crazy because i mean the dude has a .911 OPS on the season. If he could just not suck out loud vs lefties he would be very intriguing. 

In daily leagues he's useful because eventually they're going to go on a streak of facing more RHP's. This is just an odd part of the schedule where they've lined up against so many LHP's. 

• Like 2

Do you think his run is over? It's remarkable that he was able to hit so well even though he was playing every other game due to so many LHPs. He didn't do much vs. NYM. The only homer he hit was in the game where everyone hit one out.

I just looked at his game log. Somehow I have gotten like a .170 avg out of him with 3 solo homers. Seems like he's been a bit more hit and miss lately. Has the league adjusted to him?

2 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Do you think his run is over? It's remarkable that he was able to hit so well even though he was playing every other game due to so many LHPs. He didn't do much vs. NYM. The only homer he hit was in the game where everyone hit one out.

I just looked at his game log. Somehow I have gotten like a .170 avg out of him with 3 solo homers. Seems like he's been a bit more hit and miss lately. Has the league adjusted to him?

I hope someone cuts him in the one league where i don't have him based on this mini slump lately.  Joc is still hitting .290/.376/.606 against RHP for the season, and is wrapping up a .308/.368/.923 month of June.  

I think he's earned a bit of patience, personally.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, Mexi1024 said:

In daily leagues he's useful because eventually they're going to go on a streak of facing more RHP's. This is just an odd part of the schedule where they've lined up against so many LHP's. 

I cut him for Piscotty who I think will be better Ros and play everyday. Joc has to never slump to hold off kike when Taylor returns

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

I cut him for Piscotty who I think will be better Ros and play everyday. Joc has to never slump to hold off kike when Taylor returns

Except the Kike/Pederson platoon works exceptionally well while Kike can give days off around the lineup when they want to play him vs. a RHP.

Piscotty is on fire, so hard to blame you there, but I'm content to roll out Joc against RHP and think the Dodgers will continue to be content with that as well.

• Like 2

Another bomb and two walks.  He isn't losing playing time to Hernandez against right handed pitchers.  

• Like 1

Hit a BP fastball right down the middle. But he still gotta hit'em so that was good to see.

Hope he keeps it up.

So anyone who watches a little closer than I do, is this a straight platoon? The Dodgers have 5 straight agains RHP, so might be a solid start in weekly leagues.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:02 PM, UberRebel said:

Can the Dodgers trade this guy to Coors?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

So anyone who watches a little closer than I do, is this a straight platoon? The Dodgers have 5 straight agains RHP, so might be a solid start in weekly leagues.

I don't watch the dodgers, but I've got Joc in a couple of leagues.  I'm nearly positive Joc plays against all RHP and sits against most LHP.  With Kike able to handle CF (or Bellinger if they want to go that route), it's very easy to keep Joc in that strong side of the platoon where he's been successful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Yes, pretty much a straight platoon. Only 1 GS vs a lefty this year.

• Thanks 1