NYR Fan 116894

Chris Godwin 2018 Outlook

40 minutes ago, KCJONES said:

I’m playing him out of pure desperation.  

Yeah I'm down to him or Funchess. If Godwin were 100% I'd probably go with him coming off a big game and with a QB who'll throw a lot more but I fear a smaller role with the ankle and Tampa has a lot of options. 

I'm looking at Godwin as perhaps the main beneficiary from the OJ Howard injury. Brate will likely see an uptick in the RZ, but I suspect Godwin might see the larger target increase generally.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

I'm looking at Godwin as perhaps the main beneficiary from the OJ Howard injury. Brate will likely see an uptick in the RZ, but I suspect Godwin might see the larger target increase generally.

Just as I bumped this thread, Howard goes on IR. I think I’m interested again in godwin. You’re right.

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK what to make of him anymore. Just doesn't seem to be consistent or get the opportunity. 

Well, if you scroll back to summer comments, all along its been that he is going to be a future gem. Gotta keep expectations in check my friend. Hes sitting as my wr4-5 in dynasty league by design. 

Season started off so promising. Too many mouths to feed in this offense, and it appears that Winston likes Humphries more. Godwin has ad 14 targets the past 3 games and caught them all.

Jackson declared out.  Is it happening for Godwin, like reaaaaallllly happening?!?!

or will it just mean more targets for Humphries? 

8 minutes ago, res077y11 said:

Jackson declared out.  Is it happening for Godwin, like reaaaaallllly happening?!?!

roll the dice, man, roll the dice

Is Godwin the guy to own here?  I am looking at both him and Humphries and can't help to think that Winston just has better chemistry with Humphries.  I doubt I have to worry with Sanders being on a maintenance day yesterday, but I like to have my ducks in order.  Thanks.

Edited by KuNiT21

4 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Is Godwin the guy to own here?  I am looking at both him and Humphries and can't help to think that Winston just has better chemistry with Humphries.  I doubt I have to worry with Sanders being on a maintenance day yesterday, but I like to have my ducks in order.  Thanks.

Nobody knows but Desean being out means you can roll your dice with more confidence.

I think Godwin benefits most...

1 hour ago, res077y11 said:

The way to look at it is this:

Humphries has a solidified role regardless of Godwin/Jackson's activity - he's pretty consistently played between 60-80% of the snaps, and is out there every single time they run 3-wide sets. His role in the offense will essentially go unchanged. 
Godwin is a fixture in 2-wide sets, but both he and DJax essentially split snaps in that role unless they go 4-wide, when they would both be on the field. DJax sitting essentially bumps Godwin up to a near every-snap starter as he'll no longer be splitting his snaps, and will be in for 2-, 3- and 4-wide sets almost all the time. 

Now whether that translates to more targets or not remains to be seen. He should see a moderate, assured bump just from the extra playing time, but whether his targets grow exponentially due to his increased role remains to be seen. He could end up with the exact amount of targets and opportunity as he does when Jackson plays, or he could run away with the chance and become a favorite target. Either way, even without Jackson there are a ton of mouths to feed in the offense, so while he could see 10 targets and explode, there's a non-zero chance that almost nothing changes in terms of targets and usage. Also, Carolina is trash versus slot receivers so Humphries could very well still end up with the better game. 

• Thanks 2

Gonna be his time to shine tomorrow. Remember he runs a 4.41- way more than just a possession guy.

Been waiting all year for this “handcuff wr” to get more opportunity. This is it.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Gonna be his time to shine tomorrow. Remember he runs a 4.41- way more than just a possession guy.

Been waiting all year for this “handcuff wr” to get more opportunity. This is it.

I like your confidence.

• Like 1

Im starting him in my flex tmrw, over guys like Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, and Cameron Brate. I am confident he will get the job done this week. It’s been a long while since he’s caught a touchdown, but he gets 1 tmrw

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:50 PM, KuNiT21 said:

Humphries is the player to own in T.B 

19 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

:lol:

DeSean Jackson has to be gone next year correct? He’s played 3 games without D-Jax and has had 3-98, 7-111-1 and 5-101-1. He reminds me so much of Roddy White and he is an amazing keeper/dynasty player.