NYR Fan 116894

Chris Godwin 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, mjb03003 said:

So much litter in this thread about the Packers. Can we get back on track?

Already said that, chief. No need to try to score points with the board with another post that isn't about Godwin.

• Haha 1

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I like Godwin, think he’s a great up and coming player. This isn’t his year though. Wait till djax leaves and then get hyped about a wr2. This guy is currently the wr3 and djax looked great week 1 too. He’s only out a couple of weeks and will retain his role when healthy. 

31 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

I remember the Jets, Fitz threw 31 TDs and 3900 yards in his first year. You never know what you're going to get out of him, but Jameis isn't very good and, again, he's a PR nightmare. That can't be understated, especially for a team that has no realistic chance of competing this year anyway. And much as I thought Graham was overrated in fantasy circles all offseason, he and Adams are still going to be Rodgers's first looks in the RZ until further notice. Both of them are elite options down there.

Fitz is 35, winston hasn't been very good but theres only 1 QB that has a small chance to be the future of the franchise and it's not fitz, Winston will have to come in and play like he did last year before being bench but he'll get a shot regardless because they're still invested in him and need to make a decision before next year if he's worth the headaches.

D JAX full practice. So much for that. Back you go in my starting lineup, Corey Davis. I guess.

Feel really good about Godwin though this season. You can't take this guy off the field. 

Kids got a ton of potential but may not really bust out until next year barring Jackson injury. Great pick in keeper leagues I think he weventually outshines Evans 

I like him a lot too but how many backups does one need?  I can’t see me picking him up because he is pretty much like my other two backups?  I think everyone has to ask themselves....what are the chances he could start?  And,  How many back ups do you have that are similar?  If you have 1-2 that are similar, why have 2-3?

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I like him a lot too but how many backups does one need?  I can’t see me picking him up because he is pretty much like my other two backups?  I think everyone has to ask themselves....what are the chances he could start?  And,  How many back ups do you have that are similar?  If you have 1-2 that are similar, why have 2-3?

Same reason you carry a high upside backup RB.

If Evans or D Jax go down, he vaults into WR2 territory instantly.

Is anyone starting him in what looks like a juicy game vs Pittsburgh? I may have to due to injuries. I just don't like the fact that TB has so many mouths to feed (Evans, Jackson, Howard, etc.)

Just now, RoseLin23 said:

Is anyone starting him in what looks like a juicy game vs Pittsburgh? I may have to due to injuries. I just don't like the fact that TB has so many mouths to feed (Evans, Jackson, Howard, etc.)

I'm not, but only because I have much better options.  I'd personally have no problem starting him since the Bucs are clearly a passing offense and Fitzmagic looks his way in the redzone.

His talent is too hard to ignore for Fitz, the organization, and us. He is the third WR but arguably the WR2 or WR2A here. Check out his catches. They're a thing of beauty.

He and Kenny Golladay are virtually the same thing this season. His team's third WR with arguably more talent than the 2 guys ahead of him. Time and/or injury to the other two will reveal the changing of the guard. Until then, I'd be comfortable throwing him in my lineup if I don't have better options.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

His talent is too hard to ignore for Fitz, the organization, and us. He is the third WR but arguably the WR2 or WR2A here. Check out his catches. They're a thing of beauty.

He and Kenny Golladay are virtually the same thing this season. His team's third WR with arguably more talent than the 2 guys ahead of him. Time and/or injury to the other two will reveal the changing of the guard. Until then, I'd be comfortable throwing him in my lineup if I don't have better options.

Evans is not injury prone. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

Evans is not injury prone. 

I didn't say he was...

He has been known to play hurt though, limiting his full repertoire of making plays.

Looks like Joe Haden will be back, and I don't think he will be on Godwin. I can see another good game for this guy.

4 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Same reason you carry a high upside backup RB.

If Evans or D Jax go down, he vaults into WR2 territory instantly.

Do you agree with this line of thinking?

It seems to me there are many more WRs on the waivers who could be relevant than there are RBs. Thus, it probably is wise to not stock up on WR3 players on your bench. Better to have more RB3 players on your bench just in case. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

Do you agree with this line of thinking?

It seems to me there are many more WRs on the waivers who could be relevant than there are RBs. Thus, it probably is wise to not stock up on WR3 players on your bench. Better to have more RB3 players on your bench just in case. 

Depends on your situation. My 3rd and 4th best RBs are Jordan Howard and Mark Ingram. Obviously I'm hurting at receiver, and my league simply doesn't trade very often. I'm rostering 6-7 receivers every week and I'm happy to have Godwin on my bench.

How does everyone feel about Godwin this week? I'm thinking he is in consideration for WR3 or flex territory. I will admit I didn't have the guts to start him last week. Hope he continues his success. 

16 minutes ago, kingdavid206 said:

How does everyone feel about Godwin this week? I'm thinking he is in consideration for WR3 or flex territory. I will admit I didn't have the guts to start him last week. Hope he continues his success. 

My WRs in a league that starts 3 are kind of garbage. Looking at him as a stash as well as a potential start this week.

Unless you have an 8 team league or shallow benches, it’s ridiculous to even be considering adding him if he’s somehow on waivers.

6 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Well you should be rostering him over Bortles for starters.

6 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I can’t see me picking him up because he is pretty much like my other two backups?

Depends.  Are your other two backups top 30 WR's like Godwin is right now?

23 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Unless you have an 8 team league or shallow benches, it’s ridiculous to even be considering adding him if he’s somehow on waivers.

No, it's not.

• Thanks 1

Nobody is touching him or Geronimo Allison in my league. Both aren't in ideal situations. If an injury occurs to one of the top guys they become very relevant though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MJ10162 said:

No, it's not.

My point- he’s an obvious add. Nothing to consider at all.