Joe Odam

D'Onta Foreman 2018 Outlook

Time to stash....two weeks left on PUP... Lamar Miller struggling...yes, serious injury ....but how many other potential RB2 types you have sitting in your WW? I'd take the likes of a Chubb over him but would prefer him over the Mike Davis's of the world.

The injury was such a shame. He would've been the banger they need for this offense to become comlete. Lamar Miller is the most solid fantasy flex in the world, but he doesn't punish anybody. Even if Foreman returns and is close to pre-injury form, it's a 50:50 split at best. Miller won't go away.

Yeah unless Foreman somehow is much better than last year and also improves his pass blocking, this is going to become a full blown committee between Miller, Foreman, and Blue. 

• Like 1

I am intrigued to see how things shake out when he does return. Frankly, I think Houston would be wise to not bring him back against the Jax defense. Give him one more week of rest. 

That said, if Miller continues to JAG like he's been, there will be opportunity for Foreman to earn some touches. And yes, I fully understand that RBs never come back from an achilles injury the same, but even a dialed back Foreman is probably better than what Miller has shown so far and is definitely better than Blue. 

My biggest curiosity is how Foreman looks when he returns, and how he looks by the end of the season. I truly believe this is his backfield to take over in 2019 if he just resembles the RB he was before the injury. Miller has never been anything special and has been a volume-dependent fantasy back in Houston. Foreman might not be anything special either, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with his opportunity in the second half of this season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I am intrigued to see how things shake out when he does return. Frankly, I think Houston would be wise to not bring him back against the Jax defense. Give him one more week of rest. 

That said, if Miller continues to JAG like he's been, there will be opportunity for Foreman to earn some touches. And yes, I fully understand that RBs never come back from an achilles injury the same, but even a dialed back Foreman is probably better than what Miller has shown so far and is definitely better than Blue. 

My biggest curiosity is how Foreman looks when he returns, and how he looks by the end of the season. I truly believe this is his backfield to take over in 2019 if he just resembles the RB he was before the injury. Miller has never been anything special and has been a volume-dependent fantasy back in Houston. Foreman might not be anything special either, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with his opportunity in the second half of this season. 

Yea in my non keepers im ignoring him but in my one keeper have him stashed with an eye as you said toward 2019

Bill O’Brien said RB D’Onta Foreman (Achilles) has done well in his rehab and is “on track” to be back in a couple of weeks.
Edited by Joe Odam

I want to like Foreman, but there is too much against him for this year. Miller won't likely be phased out, and that O-line is atrocious. 

• Like 2

"on track" really doesn't mean anything. But I'll be keeping an eye in my redraft league. I don't think we will really have an indication until week 7 when he can officially return from the PUP. He hasn't had setbacks, but all the blurb from the Houston beat writer means is that he can officially return week 7. But only if he is healthy enough.

Still think it will be difficult for him to have an impact this season.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

My bet is that the Texans draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year and Foreman and a rookie become a committee. Obviously I have no crystal ball, but it makes sense. As noted several times, achilles injuries are no joke and obviously Miller isn't the answer.  

12 minutes ago, Jwook said:

I want to like Foreman, but there is too much against him for this year. Miller won't likely be phased out, and that O-line is atrocious. 

if he takes the starting job he's must own, but yeah the reality is he's probably rb3 no matter what since the line is so bad

10 minutes ago, cowan_j2012 said:

My bet is that the Texans draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round this year and Foreman and a rookie become a committee. Obviously I have no crystal ball, but it makes sense. As noted several times, achilles injuries are no joke and obviously Miller isn't the answer.  

The Texans should draft O-line with every pick. Then they should trade for more draft picks and draft more offensive lineman. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's clearly good. Miller clearly isn't.

Only question is if he can come back from that nasty injury. If he's on track like people say he is, he's going to be an impact fantasy player. 

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

The Texans should draft O-line with every pick. Then they should trade for more draft picks and draft more offensive lineman. 

I'm a Seahawk fan. I say this every single year. For this to occur there has to be good lineman available. That's why it doesn't. First round sure, and teams an get lucky in later rounds. I still see them drafting a rb that can run and catch in 2nd or 3rd. Doesn't mean they can't draft OL along the way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

He's clearly good. Miller clearly isn't.

Only question is if he can come back from that nasty injury. If he's on track like people say he is, he's going to be an impact fantasy player. 

impact? doubtful. look at dalvin cook in minnesota. every element of this situation is even worse for donta. he's a rb3, and that's if he even starts. 

Yeah, I was one of the conductors of his train last year...and it was just about to happen and boom went the tendon...

He's crazy young, and he certainly COULD get back to full explosion levels--more likely next year.

Just as others have said, the line is so trash...I have a 12 teamer that I might speculate with him, but not until before wk7...

3 minutes ago, ykwtfgo said:

impact? doubtful. look at dalvin cook in minnesota. every element of this situation is even worse for donta. he's a rb3, and that's if he even starts. 

You're probably right.   But there's always a chance.   Which is why if you have a spot, he's not a bad stash.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ykwtfgo said:

Anyone else on your wire who is more interesting? I'd love to hear their name. 

5 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Anyone else on your wire who is more interesting? I'd love to hear their name. 

33 minutes ago, ykwtfgo said:

if he takes the starting job he's must own, but yeah the reality is he's probably rb3 no matter what since the line is so bad

• Like 3

Foreman doesn't even have to be better than Miller to take the job. The Texans just have to keep losing.

Can anyone remind us about what the situation was looking like last year before he got hurt. I feel like he was really putting heat on miller, possibly even giving miller the wally pipp treatment? 

18 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Foreman doesn't even have to be better than Miller to take the job. The Texans just have to keep losing.

Foreman just has to be healthy and look decent to take the job. The first point being the real issue with value this season.

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Can anyone remind us about what the situation was looking like last year before he got hurt. I feel like he was really putting heat on miller, possibly even giving miller the wally pipp treatment? 

He got hurt against the Cardinals where he had relegated Miller to a spectator on the sidelines.  10 rushes for 65 yards and 2 tds in the first half.  Was quite a shame. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

They will likely win the next two. Watson didn't look right the first couple games but does now.

Anyhow, this guy has no value this year. Maybe a stash in keeper leagues.

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He got hurt against the Cardinals where he had relegated Miller to a spectator on the sidelines.  10 rushes for 65 yards and 2 tds in the first half.  Was quite a shame. 

Damn shame