Joe Odam

D'Onta Foreman 2018 Outlook

36 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Dont insult your league-mates. 

They know about Foreman

10 team league so I’ve got a little more leeway

38 minutes ago, Maroney's Bolgna said:

Fixed it for ya.  Think you had 14 in your head from the games played number...

Haha correct. Thank you.

What is the deal here???

Several sites such as Rotoworld quote O'Brien as saying Foreman is "on track to return when first eligible in week 7"

"Coach Bill O'Brien said D'Onta Foreman (Achilles', PUP) is "on track" to return when first eligible in Week 7."

While other sites say he is on track to return "in a couple of weeks."

"

D'Onta Foreman On Track To Return In A Couple Of Weeks

10/5:Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said that running back D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) is doing well in his rehab and is "on track" to return in a couple of weeks.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/donta-foreman-on-track-to-return-in-a-couple-of-weeks/556573

while other sites have him saying he is "on track to return this season"

Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said on Friday that running back D'Onta Foreman is "on track" to return this season after suffering a torn Achilles last November, according to Drew Dougherty of Texans TV.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799267-donta-foreman-on-track-to-return-this-season-from-achilles-injury

Week 7? A few weeks?? This season???

Which is it??

Think journalists confusing "on track" with "eligible to return week 7". We still have no timeline.

7 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

What is the deal here???

Several sites such as Rotoworld quote O'Brien as saying Foreman is "on track to return when first eligible in week 7"

"Coach Bill O'Brien said D'Onta Foreman (Achilles', PUP) is "on track" to return when first eligible in Week 7."

While other sites say he is on track to return "in a couple of weeks."

"

D'Onta Foreman On Track To Return In A Couple Of Weeks

10/5:Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said that running back D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) is doing well in his rehab and is "on track" to return in a couple of weeks.

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/donta-foreman-on-track-to-return-in-a-couple-of-weeks/556573

while other sites have him saying he is "on track to return this season"

Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said on Friday that running back D'Onta Foreman is "on track" to return this season after suffering a torn Achilles last November, according to Drew Dougherty of Texans TV.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799267-donta-foreman-on-track-to-return-this-season-from-achilles-injury

Week 7? A few weeks?? This season???

Which is it??

I think you’re splitting hairs here. A couple weeks is week 7 when he’s eligible to first play. 2 weeks from Oct 5th is the Friday leading up to week 7 and I think he’s eligible to practice that week (a couple weeks from now) and play week 7 if he’s ready. I’m not sure he could go from PUP to playing with only a week of practice though. But he will have “returned” to the practice field at least.

2 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

I think you’re splitting hairs here. A couple weeks is week 7 when he’s eligible to first play. 2 weeks from Oct 5th is the Friday leading up to week 7 and I think he’s eligible to practice that week (a couple weeks from now) and play week 7 if he’s ready. I’m not sure he could go from PUP to playing with only a week of practice though. But he will have “returned” to the practice field at least.

That's kinda an important distinction. d

Especially during bye weeks.

Edited by FreakFries

15 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

It seemed you were confused about the difference between writers saying a “couple weeks” and “week 7”. I was just saying that a couple weeks and week 7 are essentially the same thing. If that wasn’t what you were questioning then my bad. 

Make your own judgement about whether a guy coming off an Achilles is gonna play after only a week of practice. I personally wouldn’t count on him as being in the conversation to be useful in fantasy football until at least week 11 or so as the best case scenario. I’d say best case he comes back and plays a few snaps week 8, plays well enough to get 10 or so touches week 9, maybe he can earn a split by week 10, and actually push Lamar aside by week 11. Best best best case scenario IMO. If he comes back and earns a startable workload before then I’d be very surprised. Nevertheless I did stash him in one league where I had an open (ish) IR spot.

edit to add- and week 10 is a bye so maybe bump it all back a week.

Edited by Bmore86
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Week 7.

”On track” = on track to return from IR aka week 7

Week 7 = 2.5 weeks

2.5 weeks = couple of weeks

Foreman will be back week 7. I'm seriously considering going without a kicker and or a defense just to hold onto him this week.

Miller is garbage and could be relegated to 3rd down if Foreman plays to his potential.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

It seemed you were confused about the difference between writers saying a “couple weeks” and “week 7”. I was just saying that a couple weeks and week 7 are essentially the same thing. If that wasn’t what you were questioning then my bad. 

Make your own judgement about whether a guy coming off an Achilles is gonna play after only a week of practice. I personally wouldn’t count on him as being in the conversation to be useful in fantasy football until at least week 11 or so as the best case scenario. I’d say best case he comes back and plays a few snaps week 8, plays well enough to get 10 or so touches week 9, maybe he can earn a split by week 10, and actually push Lamar aside by week 11. Best best best case scenario IMO. If he comes back and earns a startable workload before then I’d be very surprised. Nevertheless I did stash him in one league where I had an open (ish) IR spot.

edit to add- and week 10 is a bye so maybe bump it all back a week.

I was not criticizing you! Apologies if it came of that way!

My frustration is with some of the analysts write ups which offered none of the context you did. Thank you for it!

When I saw the blurbs that he was on track to return week 7, I took that to mean “return.”

I did not take that to mean begin practicing again, rejoin the team or start Intigrating into the offense.

“Week 7” is much more certain than “a few weeks” and a far more preferable to “this season.” 

• Like 1

I dont know much about this guy, but I just dumped Miller cause he sucks. Does Foreman catch passes? Any chance he has more value in PPR than standard?

• Thanks 1

Top added player in Yahoo. Add him to your IR spot- if you have one. Wait a couple weeks to observe his usage before dropping a player to add Foreman on your active roster!

Have him stashed in all my larger leagues where he wasn't already rostered but can't justify getting him yet in 10-12 teamers. Difficult to gauge how effective he'll be returning from one of the toughest injuries for any athlete to return from. Last time he played he was splitting carries with Miller and looked a lot better than he did. Miller is still looking bad so Foreman still has a chance to win back the job that would probably have already been his had he not gotten injured. 

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

I dont know much about this guy, but I just dumped Miller cause he sucks. Does Foreman catch passes? Any chance he has more value in PPR than standard?

I'm a longhorns fan so watched foreman through all of college. He can catch. What I don't know is if he'll have a lot of designed passes based on the offense he's in at Houston.

• Miller owner. I have Foreman stashed. He looked good last year. Crabtree is my "paradigm of hope" here. Hopefully, Foreman has a similar recovery. If he does, he will own this backfield in a month or so, just in time for the fantasy playoffs.

11 hours ago, cowan_j2012 said:

I'm a Seahawk fan. I say this every single year. For this to occur there has to be good lineman available. That's why it doesn't. First round sure, and teams an get lucky in later rounds. I still see them drafting a rb that can run and catch in 2nd or 3rd. Doesn't mean they can't draft OL along the way.

I agree. I think this offense needs a RB like a White or Thompson (or maybe even Hines now) who can be a threat out of the backfield...or even a Kamara who can do both. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I agree. I think this offense needs a RB like a White or Thompson (or maybe even Hines now) who can be a threat out of the backfield...or even a Kamara who can do both. 

Miller was doing that in Miami. Watson appears averse to throwing a checkdown.

6 hours ago, ykwtfgo said:

exactly what you did

He just reminded us that ACL tears were once considered career "enders" and were once looked at as a far more devastating injury than they are now. He was supporting a statement made by cowan, who talked about medical advancements. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He just reminded us that ACL tears were once considered career "enders" and were once looked at as a far more devastating injury than they are now. He was supporting a statement made by cowan, who talked about medical advancements. 

I was waiting to see if he could figure it out himself.

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Firing him up with confidence over Miller this weekend.

...confidence in losing your matchup?

20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

he compared them, right, i already pointed that out

7 minutes ago, ykwtfgo said:

he compared them, right, i already pointed that out

Lol, okay guy. You want to be argumentative. I'll say this and be done, and you can say whatever you want...he didn't say they were the same. He never compared the injuries. But you have fun wanting to argue about something.