colepenhagen

Robinson Cano 2018 Outlook

Hit a grand slam tonight. Now he's 5 for 8.Only low A but all about getting timing right. 

• Like 2

Just to clarify, he will be playing on August 14 or does suspension run through the end of August 14? Makes a small difference for weekly lineups as he is set to face 3 LHP starters of the last 4 games & he's struggled each of the last two seasons against them.

SEA set to face Mike Fiers on 8/14 and Cano has owned him (.365BA, 3HR in 11AB)

8 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Just to clarify, he will be playing on August 14 or does suspension run through the end of August 14? Makes a small difference for weekly lineups as he is set to face 3 LHP starters of the last 4 games & he's struggled each of the last two seasons against them.

SEA set to face Mike Fiers on 8/14 and Cano has owned him (.365BA, 3HR in 11AB)

He will play on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Cano, who went 0-for-3 with a walk and a run in Low-A Everett's win over Eugene on Saturday while starting at third base.

Manager Scott Servais received positive reports about Cano's defensive performance at the hot corner, Greg Johns of MLB.com reports. That's particularly relevant, considering the plans the Mariners have of moving Cano around the infield upon his planned Tuesday activation. Johns reports that one of those positions will occasionally be the keystone, where current everyday second baseman Dee Gordon is currently battling a shoulder injury that necessitated a day off Sunday.

• Like 1

Could be fantasy gold for those who kept him on their roster or swiped him off the waivers back in the day...

I'm happy to take a career .304 hitter back in my lineup. I don't really care about the Power numbers, but his ability to walk a decent amount and get on base is more than enough to make me happy. Factor in that he will likely get 1B and maybe even 3B eligibility at some point...I'm willing to take the chance.

22 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Could be fantasy gold for those who kept him on their roster or swiped him off the waivers back in the day...

I'm happy to take a career .304 hitter back in my lineup. I don't really care about the Power numbers, but his ability to walk a decent amount and get on base is more than enough to make me happy. Factor in that he will likely get 1B and maybe even 3B eligibility at some point...I'm willing to take the chance.

My thoughts exactly. I actually scooped him yesterday lol.

2 hours ago, CORTEz said:

For whatever reason, September has historically been Cano’s best month of the season with a career .320 batting average. Over the last 10 years of fantasy baseball I’ve owned Robbie more consistently than any other player and he always seems to finish with a bang the last couple of weeks. Here’s to hoping for one more good late season push out of Cano.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, meh2 said:

For whatever reason, September has historically been Cano’s best month of the season with a career .320 batting average. Over the last 10 years of fantasy baseball I’ve owned Robbie more consistently than any other player and he always seems to finish with a bang the last couple of weeks. Here’s to hoping for one more good late season push out of Cano.

I hope that theory holds up. I think he works his way up to a great Sept. With no real work this year, it could be like his spring training again.

He's doing well, but where's my promised 1B starts?!? He's only had one start there! Lol I need to put him at my 1B slot!!

Edited by DavidbivaD

8 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

He's doing well, but where's my promised 1B starts?!? He's only had one start there! Lol I need to put him at my 1B slot!!

nvm! He's at 2 starts at 1B now. Just updated overnight.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

Segura was on paternity leave for a couple days, so Dee played SS and Rob played 2B. He should get to 5 starts at 1B by next week.