smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

21 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Why do people still think Gio is a better pass catcher than Mixon?  He's not.  Mixon might even be close to the best in the NFL.

Because a lot of people here don't actually watch the games of the players they are commenting on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chippa said:

why is this so weird and shocking? Gio has been a fantastic player ever since he's entered the league. He was much better than Mixon last year behind the same o-line. The Ravens have a much better defense than Indy. Did I say Gio will out touch Mixon? No. But I think Gio will put up more fantasy points this week(In PPR scoring formats). It's really not that crazy of a prediction. I've been watching this team for years

Gio was the only offensive player worth a damn in week 1 last year against baltimore. And the game they beat baltimore to send Buffalo to the playoffs, Gio had averaged over 5ypc on 10 carries and 6 receptions

He's an excellent #2 RB but I would hardly call him a "fantastic" player.

I do think he will see more touches this Thursday on account of the short week and Mixon coming off a heavy workload.

Edited by Evincar

45 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He's an excellent #2 RB but I would hardly call him a "fantastic" player.

I do think he will see more touches this Thursday on account of the short week and Mixon coming off a heavy workload.

So what 12 backs would you rather have? Easily an RB1

8 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

So what 12 backs would you rather have? Easily an RB1

He's talking about Gio.

• Like 1

Who’s starting him? I have him in PPR, I can’t sit him.  I don’t expect a great game but if he somehow got 14-15 points I would be happy. 

8 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Who’s starting him? I have him in PPR, I can’t sit him.  I don’t expect a great game but if he somehow got 14-15 points I would be happy. 

Ravens D is not unstoppable. Nothing to be afraid of. Mixon will get his touches. 

To the locker room...

Should have had a TD but chose to bounce it outside for a loss.

Now he went to lockeroom??? Not a good start...

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

So is he done for the night? That’s great should’ve benched him 

Back on sideline and likely to return.

Knee issue of some kind but not serious.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, Chippa said:

why is this so weird and shocking? Gio has been a fantastic player ever since he's entered the league. He was much better than Mixon last year behind the same o-line. The Ravens have a much better defense than Indy. Did I say Gio will out touch Mixon? No. But I think Gio will put up more fantasy points this week(In PPR scoring formats). It's really not that crazy of a prediction. I've been watching this team for years

Gio was the only offensive player worth a damn in week 1 last year against baltimore. And the game they beat baltimore to send Buffalo to the playoffs, Gio had averaged over 5ypc on 10 carries and 6 receptions

Eh, I was looking pretty good up until Mixon came back in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left. It’s a bold wild prediction for a reason. Glad cincy got the win, and hope Mixon stays healthy

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Eh, I was looking pretty good up until Mixon came back in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left. It’s a bold wild prediction for a reason. Glad cincy got the win, and hope Mixon stays healthy

Mixon put up a solid floor on a short week and an injured knee...

He’s getting 20 touches a game. Easily can be a low end RB1 and bengals will only get better as the season progresses 

• Like 5

Mainly, I just hope he's healthy. He looked good running the ball tonight, but the 1 target on the night is a bit discouraging. I also didn't see him much in the red zone, tho admittedly I wasn't watching the game super closely.

1 minute ago, Nguvocity said:

Mixon put up a solid floor on a short week and an injured knee...

He’s getting 20 touches a game. Easily can be a low end RB1 and bengals will only get better as the season progresses 

I now believe. 

Am I missing something? Did Mixon leave the game twice and come back? He seemed okay when he came back but idk why I think I read in the game thread it was twice?

Bad matchup.  Should’vd Benched him like I wanted to but didn’t.  Hopefully his knee is ok though and he looked good towards the end running.  

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

Am I missing something? Did Mixon leave the game twice and come back? He seemed okay when he came back but idk why I think I read in the game thread it was twice?

He did, for his knee.

The last play he was on he jumped in the air like he was fine. Besides the knee problem tonight, he look good fellas. Short week against a good run D. 

Edited by HurryupO
  • Like 1

9.70 point in a ppr league VS a pretty good Def, not to disappointing. Excited to see him with a full week of prep facing someone like Miami. He’ll continue to get better. Hope he stays healthy. A good RB 2 with RB1 upside 

• Like 1

Injury looked minor, benard is trash, the offense looks so much different with him out their.

• Like 1

Are there any haters still out there? Mixon is easily an RB1 ROS if he’s getting 20+ touches a game. His talent is clearly evident.

• Like 2

Without a doubt an RB1. This Bengals offense has really turned it around big time - this is positive regression and more. Workhorse with immaculate burst, vision, and power. Hopefully his knee holds up okay, he's set for a huge year. 

19 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Injury looked minor, benard is trash, the offense looks so much different with him out their.

Bernard was a spark plug in my opinion good for quick hits but not more than that

Those upset with his performance tonight shouldn’t be. If you drafted Mixon, you should have done so as a RB2. 9.7 in PPR is average for a RB2. He was facing a top 3 run defense so just slow the negative train down a bit.

• Like 2