smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Born Sinner said:

Twice? Why leave twice and come back?

he looked frustrated but never looked in pain, (very) slight discomfort, couldn't tell which knee it was

4 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Twice? Why leave twice and come back?

No idea. First time he went to the locker room to get checked out, then returned quickly. The second time you could clearly see his knee collide with a defender, but again he came back in the series after. Maybe just stingers?

45 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Injury looked minor, benard is trash, the offense looks so much different with him out their.

Pffff. Yes mixon is better, but dont ever speak such blasphemy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not hating his performance, he looked a little worrisome early, but how does Dalton not even look his way for check downs like he does Bernard? I understand their roles but just frustrating. 

• Like 2

Was at the game... he's shoestrings away from busting long runs... and knee must be fineish cause he was on the sideline dancing to Nate Dog and Warren G's Regulators as the game closed out...

Never have I felt so confident about an RB1 that only put up 9 points. What a stud he is. I gotta admit, I didn't realize he was this good when I drafted him. Kind of relied on the fantasy community.

• Like 1

Had a chance to put it in from the 1. Bounced it outside but the Ravens (Raven) were ready with good outside contain. Only had 1 catch as well.

The fact that he went out twice with a knee injury, came back and the Bengals still were feeding him carries over Gio (on a short week no less) is extremely encouraging.

this is why i try to get as many rb's as possible in the early rounds you have to have depth at this position 'just in case'. glad he has 10 days to get well

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 9:54 AM, smeeze said:

I think Mixon will be a 1st round pick in 2019 and is one of the most talented RBs in the NFL today. Change my mind.

I just want to pat myself on the back for this excellent OP.

He's got 10 days to rest the knee, RB1 RoS. 

• Thanks 1

Suffered through Mixon last year and watching the game last night only reinforced that he will never be a RB1 as long as Marvin is attempting to coach the Bengals.  No doubt Mixon is uber talented, but Marvin is just the worse when it comes to feeding a bell cow running back.  Add to the fact that Cincy has a ton of offensive weapons through the air and I just don't see them ever being a team that feeds a running back enough for the guy to consistently put up good numbers.  

8 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Suffered through Mixon last year and watching the game last night only reinforced that he will never be a RB1 as long as Marvin is attempting to coach the Bengals.  No doubt Mixon is uber talented, but Marvin is just the worse when it comes to feeding a bell cow running back.  Add to the fact that Cincy has a ton of offensive weapons through the air and I just don't see them ever being a team that feeds a running back enough for the guy to consistently put up good numbers.  

He missed a lot of time with injuries last night. Lewis clearly knows where their bread is buttered. Did you actually watch last night?

9 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Sounds like a salty Ravens fan. He has 44 touches in 2 games and even missed chunks of the game last night. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

I am a big Marvin hater but that's funny.  Never mind that he has had back to back 22 touch games which would amount to over 350 touches in a season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

You wont be winning much with analysis like this

I am a salty Ravens fan, can't deny that.  

How many receptions does Mixon have this year?  6?  If you're happy with your RB1 getting an average of 3 catches per game, then go ahead and fire him up!  There are touches and then there are quality touches.  

Not really sure how injured he was either.  He looked pretty dynamic each time he came back in the game.  That doesn't leave you to wonder what could've been?

I stand by my analysis.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rather B. Winning said:

How many receptions does Mixon have this year?  6?  If you're happy with your RB1 getting an average of 3 catches per game, then go ahead and fire him up!  There are touches and then there are quality touches.  

Not really sure how injured he was either.  He looked pretty dynamic each time he came back in the game.  That doesn't leave you to wonder what could've been?

I stand by my analysis.

I stand by your analysis that you're a salty Ravens fan!

• Like 2

Now, in your best estimation, how does a salty Ravens fan affect Mixon's play?

giphy.gif

Edited by TTo34

9 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

I stand by my analysis.

Which is 48 on the season and considering he missed a bunch of receptions to Gio because he was getting tended to on the sideline Im not sure what you were expecting. Just quit while you are ahead behind. You are not very good at this and considering your team name implies you always lose.

Edited by yanksman

Looked great last night running the ball, a few runs of 5+ and two or three 10-yard runs called back for holding. As others said he was out twice getting evaluated, once a quick trip to the locker room and the other just on the sideline. The second time was his first play back in after a break, a defender stuck his leg out and tripped him, he got right up but signaled he needed a water break (Ravens fans I was with thought that was hilarious).

So it was annoying that he sat out for stretches of the game, but it was never a question of why he was out. When he was good to go, he was in. Still plenty of touches in a game where he was dinged up. Like another poster said, it'd be nice to see him getting more through the air, but at least we know from last week the possibility is there.

Lastly either CIN's run blocking is better than I thought, or BAL's run defense isn't what I thought. There were huge holes all night, both Gio and Mixon were running for 5+ up the middle again and again. Could also be that that happened after CJ Mosely went out, I'm not sure.

TLDR Feeling good about Mixon as a bottom-half RB1 ros.