smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

Just wanted to drop this from Mixon himself.

Mixon told reporters after the win he only entered the game again on his knee injury because the game was so close:

“I had to talk myself to going back in,” Mixon said. “It’s mental toughness. It was real hard… It felt weird. The knee was hurting. The mental side of it is you always want to play 100 percent. When it’s bothering you, it’s hard mentally. I just had to check back in mentally and tough it out physically.”

He has another hard game next week but hopefully that just means more check downs!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Mixon told reporters after the win he only entered the game again on his knee injury because the game was so close:

“I had to talk myself to going back in,” Mixon said. “It’s mental toughness. It was real hard… It felt weird. The knee was hurting. The mental side of it is you always want to play 100 percent. When it’s bothering you, it’s hard mentally. I just had to check back in mentally and tough it out physically.”

He has another hard game next week but hopefully that just means more check downs!

I just hope it’s not something serious enough to linger and affect his play. Last night it didn’t look like it did.

1 hour ago, Nguvocity said:

I'm surprised no reports have come out from the team. Is that something to be concerned about? 

I didn't even see how the injury occurred. 

9 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

I'm surprised no reports have come out from the team. Is that something to be concerned about? 

I didn't even see how the injury occurred. 

I would think if there are no reports from the team, that it isn't something too serious. He did after all, finish the game.

My guess is he will have some practice restrictions next week, but will play. He gets extra rest too.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

I would think if there are no reports from the team, that it isn't something too serious. He did after all, finish the game.

My guess is he will have some practice restrictions next week, but will play. He gets extra rest too.

The extra 3 days of rest does not hurt at all. Mixon will be fine. 

• Like 1

Thrilled with his workload so far.  there's not one player that puts up RB1 numbers every week, but the RB1s stay consistent and always give you a solid amount of points even on their down weeks just like our boy Mixon did yesterday.  Much better days are ahead.  Very happy to have him on both my teams this season

18 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Thrilled with his workload so far.  there's not one player that puts up RB1 numbers every week, but the RB1s stay consistent and always give you a solid amount of points even on their down weeks just like our boy Mixon did yesterday.  Much better days are ahead.  Very happy to have him on both my teams this season

Image result for alvin kamara

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The #Bengals fear RB Joe Mixon will need arthroscopic surgery to clean up the knee he injured in last night’s win over the #Ravens and miss some time, sources tell @MikeGarafolo and me. He’ll get a second opinion first.

Edited by Joe Odam

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

And yet he was playing on it? Yowza

He probably damaged it even more by doing so.

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

And yet he was playing on it? Yowza

This is akin to Keanu Neal last week, who injured his knee and then re-entered the game. At which point he was either playing on a torn ACL, or proceeded to tear it.

And then you have this quote from above:

“I had to talk myself to going back in,” Mixon said.

These teams are just irresponsible. 

11 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Is it appropriate to ask who is next up in this thread? Besides Gio...

Gio.  Rookie Watson will be a hot add too in deeper leagues and I just dropped him two days ago in a deep dynasty.

Edited by Heartbreak

11 minutes ago, UFGator said:

What's the timetable on something like this?

Nobody knows for sure. Could be around a couple months could be wayyyy more. The surgeon will be first to know when he looks through the scope. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_Jack said:
13 minutes ago, UFGator said:

What's the timetable on something like this?

This??? 

I know Parnell McPhee got a similar procedure done to his knee at the end of July 2016 and was out till October of 2016. 

From Reddit:

4-6 weeks. Big Ben came back last year after 3 weeks, Westbrook's timeline was 4-6 weeks.

If Bengals have aweek 9 bye, Mixon could be gone until week 10. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

This??? 

Believe it was 3 games + a bye (so 4 weeks) for Big Ben when he got the same procedure done last year

The bright side is if you have Gio as a handcuff, he SHOULD be able to put up some pretty respectable numbers, both running and receiving. He should just slide into Mixon's spot and possibly the rookie can take some carries when Gio needs a breather.

6 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

In my 14 Team league in the first 4 rounds I drafted:

Freeman

Mixon

Mckinnon

Baldwin

Wat do?

honestly, my biggest question is

how was Baldwin a 4th round pick in a 14 teamer