smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Is Gio the favorite for early down work or does that go to the rookie with Gio coming in as the passing down back?

The rookie has a shoulder injury, for what it's worth. 

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

The rookie has a shoulder injury, for what it's worth. 

Latest rotoworld blurb says he was removed from the injury report. Was there another update somewhere?

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

Latest rotoworld blurb says he was removed from the injury report. Was there another update somewhere?

I have no idea. I just read on bleacher report that he's been dealing with it. He could have been removed. I have no intention of picking up that dude, so it doesn't really matter to me. 

Just now, whadeeb said:

i think walton is the handcuff, maybe for 1st-2nd downs

I disagree. He may get some carries, but I just don't see him getting many. Obviously, anything could happen though.

Edited by hangin n wangin

2-4 weeks is the best case scenario guys. This injury can  take longer than a month.

With their Bye week... he could be out a while.

Edited by ponza88
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reportedly-fear-joe-mixon-needs-arthroscopic-surgery-on-his-knee-seeking-second-opinion/

"Gio Bernard handled 34 of the 42 touches by Bengals' RBs and was RB16 in fantasy during the 2 games Mixon missed last season."

"Bernard was actually RB9 from Week 13 on, as even when Mixon returned, he was limited."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-reportedly-fear-joe-mixon-needs-arthroscopic-surgery-on-his-knee-seeking-second-opinion/

"Gio Bernard handled 34 of the 42 touches by Bengals' RBs and was RB16 in fantasy during the 2 games Mixon missed last season."

"Bernard was actually RB9 from Week 13 on, as even when Mixon returned, he was limited."

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Thank you. I guess it could be worse. Just have to survive the next 2-4 weeks. Hopefully Gio can handle the workload till then.

3 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

2 weeks is not bad at all!! Whew!!!!

"Small particle" lol

Yes, it doesn't sound bad, if it is actually in fact two weeks.

Also, will they bring him along slowly when he returns? That would be a little blow to his value.

But yea, looks like a major injury bullet was dodged.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Joe Mixon (knee surgery) is expected to miss two weeks.

Mixon will have a cleanup procedure Saturday. Returning in two weeks may be a best case scenario, but this confirms Mixon isn't an IR candidate. Working in Mixon's favor is the fact Cincy is coming off a Thursday night game. Patriots RB Sony Michel had a similar knee scope and has been sidelined since early August. The Bengals will likely go with a committee of Giovani Bernard and Mark Walton until Mixon returns.
Sep 14 - 5:34 PM

8 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Anyone picking up Walton?

Yea...the people who missed out on Bernard.

The way I look at it is ask yourself this. Would you feel comfortable starting Walton as early as next game? I sure as hell wouldn't. 

Would you feel comfortable starting Bernard? Personally, I feel that's a lot safer and I would...and am going to do it.. He's experienced, still relatively young, and has filled in for Mixon before.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yea...the people who missed out on Bernard.

The way I look at it is ask yourself this. Would you feel comfortable starting Walton as early as next game? I sure as hell wouldn't. 

Would you feel comfortable starting Bernard? Personally, I feel that's a lot safer and I would...and am going to do it.. He's experienced, still relatively young, and has filled in for Mixon before.

why would people have more faith in Walton than Bernard? I dont get it. Bernard is a proven 1000 all purpose yard back

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

why would people have more faith in Walton than Bernard? I dont get it. Bernard is a proven 1000 all purpose yard back

Because the people saying this kind of stuff don't have Bernard lol simple as that.

Hoping for a prayer. 

• Like 1