Rotoworld.com Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

What happened out there? Was hoping this matchup would lead to a 25-30 point explosion. Boy was I wrong.  

Bengals couldn't keep up. Better days ahead. Won't have to face the Chiefs again.

17 minutes ago, devaster said:

Bengals couldn't keep up. Better days ahead. Won't have to face the Chiefs again.

Didn't watch the game, but my bigger concern is this:  even if Bengals were playing catch up, why on earth did Mixon only have 3 receptions for 1 yard?  

Is Mixon's involvement in the passing game something to watch for in the future?  That will obviously cap his upside in PPR leagues.  Or was Dalton just playing terribly? 

1 minute ago, Rainyy said:

Didn't watch the game, but my bigger concern is this:  even if Bengals were playing catch up, why on earth did Mixon only have 3 receptions for 1 yard?  

Is Mixon's involvement in the passing game something to watch for in the future?  That will obviously cap his upside in PPR leagues.  Or was Dalton just playing terribly? 

They didn't sustain many drives. Chiefs just blew them out. Boyd didn't get going either.

38 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

He was closely follow by a linebacker all game. He really wasn't open on any dump offs. They didn't have too many screens designed for him and Dalton played terrible. Just a terrible game. Not much he could do.

3 hours ago, Rainyy said:

AJ Green was shredding that defense apart until they finally adjusted and shut him down. That threw Dalton off because he’s garbage, therefore, it threw off the entire offense.

8 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Mixon got the second most targets of the team - with 5.
So you can possible can imagine what was going on.

He had 13/19 carries and besides AJ's 14 he got 5 of the remaining 17 targets.

Overall that's a good share. Just a bad game.

9 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

What happened out there? Was hoping this matchup would lead to a 25-30 point explosion. Boy was I wrong.  

1. bengals were out coached on both sides of the ball

2. bengals were out executed on both sies of the ball

3. bengals were exposed as a pretender to AFC title

4. Bengals got an old fashioned butt kicking

I watch the game.

Dalton looked at AJ every time

no time to sustain drives

quick 3 and outs (one series was 40 seconds and KC scored with 30 seconds left in half time or so..)

Mixon looked fine, b ut KC only had to stop AJ

anyway.. top 5 easy RB schedule coming up and he looked fine to me..

Seemed like a no brainer blow up spot this week, but the Bengals under Marvin Lewis ALWAYS suck in road prime time games.  I don't expect Bengals to be serious contenders, but they'll be better than last night.  Better games ahead.  

Mixon looked fine and had two very impressive 1 handed catches.  The problem was that this team as a whole simply did not show up for primetime, and they were demoralized and thoroughly beaten after the first half.

I don't think anyone that watched this game could say that they are worried about Mixons production ROS.  He's a stud, the ceiling remains high

KC plays ridiculously better at Home.... on both sides of the ball

i dont think you can start anyone with confidence against KC unless its Gurley or someone in that Tier

OC Bill Lazor was known to be pass happy when he was in Miami. As a Dolphins fan, I remember the frustration of the fan base when he'd ignore Lamar Miller for long stretches of the game...even when he was productive.

If Lazor has any sense, he'd give Mixon the Gurley treatment and run the offense through him instead of Dalton who simply cannot carry an offense. Dalton should be treated like Goff: just make plays when the whole defense is desperately trying to contain Mixon.

At least McVay gets it.

2 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

what happened to mixon in the 2nd half, wasn't in on the final drive?

Mixon was in there in the final drive or 2nd to last drive. Had a nice run.

Archived