Rotoworld.com Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone wished he showed up in the second half including me. But they were just trying to ride out the points. Was it smart? This game it worked. It doesn't work out like that all the time. Its like a boxing match in the later rounds where the winner knows he's going to win unless he gets knocked out so all he does is play defense. Thats what they went with seems like or they are just trying to preserve him for the rest of the year. Still always good to see a big game like this especially all those points in just 1 half. I may lose this week because even a couple points could make a difference but we can't get greedy. Mixon if he stays healthy the rest of the year has been a solid pick.

7 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Everyone wished he showed up in the second half including me. But they were just trying to ride out the points. Was it smart? This game it worked. It doesn't work out like that all the time. Its like a boxing match in the later rounds where the winner knows he's going to win unless he gets knocked out so all he does is play defense. Thats what they went with seems like or they are just trying to preserve him for the rest of the year. Still always good to see a big game like this especially all those points in just 1 half. I may lose this week because even a couple points could make a difference but we can't get greedy. Mixon if he stays healthy the rest of the year has been a solid pick.

The bengals conservative 2nd half has nothing to do with saving the rb. Marv lewis has done this every year of his coaching era, take the lead and play defense to not lose, which is why he doesnt get to the playoffs very often. he gives the opponent a window to get back into the game

it's the coaching philosophy. 

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

The bengals conservative 2nd half has nothing to do with saving the rb. Marv lewis has done this every year of his coaching era, take the lead and play defense to not lose, which is why he doesnt get to the playoffs very often. he gives the opponent a window to get back into the game

it's the coaching philosophy. 

He’s gotten to the playoffs at a 50% clip. He’s been a hc for 14 full seasons, made the playoffs 7 times. Getting there isnt the problem. It’s winning once he gets there, that is the problem

edit: 15 seasons, 7 playoffs. I correct my statement. A little under 50%. My point still stands, making the playoffs isnt the issue

11 minutes ago, Chippa said:

He’s gotten to the playoffs at a 50% clip. He’s been a hc for 14 full seasons, made the playoffs 7 times. Getting there isnt the problem. It’s winning once he gets there, that is the problem

edit: 15 seasons, 7 playoffs. I correct my statement. A little under 50%. My point still stands, making the playoffs isnt the issue

which someone allows him to keep his job and he has had lots of talent over the years gone to waste

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

which someone allows him to keep his job and he has had lots of talent over the years gone to waste

Well yeah mike brown is a fool. Im not defending this stuff at all

What’s everyone’s thinking on this guy for the ROS? Just traded for him and see that Green is out for a little while now. Does that hurt or help him for fantasy purposes? Doesn’t seem like he catches a ton of passes, maybe this injury will get him more involved going forward.

4 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

What’s everyone’s thinking on this guy for the ROS? Just traded for him and see that Green is out for a little while now. Does that hurt or help him for fantasy purposes? Doesn’t seem like he catches a ton of passes, maybe this injury will get him more involved going forward.

could be bad or good. 

No Green -  could mean the defenses can load the line and he could be facing a lot of stacked boxes.

When there is no real receiving threat , teams will stop the run and dare the QB to beat them with lesser WR talent.  Now Boyd while being a solid player has never consistently faced the #1 corners and double teams.  This will be a new challenge for him.

This Sunday will be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

I think it hurts Mixon’s value. AJ Green helps this offense keep the chains moving and get in scoring position. He obviously commands defensive attention as well. I think the slight bump in volume won’t overcome the total offensive downgrade. I could be overestimating Green’s value to this offense but that’s how I feel

Archived