Rotoworld.com Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

smeeze

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely a bad thing for Mixon to lose an AJ Green. The offense as a whole is worse and that's bad news for Mixon. Similarly to Zeke's situation in Dallas, an offense that has less WR talent and that struggles as a unit is bad for your fantasy RB. 

Just my opinion of course. 

7 minutes ago, HTM said:

It's definitely a bad thing for Mixon to lose an AJ Green. The offense as a whole is worse and that's bad news for Mixon. Similarly to Zeke's situation in Dallas, an offense that has less WR talent and that struggles as a unit is bad for your fantasy RB. 

Just my opinion of course. 

yeah the Dallas situation is the best comparable. 

Also for this week alone,  Saints have  the top ranked run defense in football as well so the matchup would've been hard anyway.

Just now, JetsAwesome said:

yeah the Dallas situation is the best comparable. 

Also for this week alone,  Saints have  the top ranked run defense in football as well so the matchup would've been hard anyway.

Dallas lost a lot more than Dez. Their OLine has deteriorated and is missing pieces. Their QB is far worse in Dallas than Dalton, which is crazy to think about. And the group of receivers is better in Cinci even without AJG.

37 minutes ago, devaster said:

Dallas lost a lot more than Dez. Their OLine has deteriorated and is missing pieces. Their QB is far worse in Dallas than Dalton, which is crazy to think about. And the group of receivers is better in Cinci even without AJG.

Yea, it's easy to sit there and poke holes in comparisons. it's not a perfect comparison, nothing ever will be but the idea that losing WR talent will make it more difficult for Mixon makes sense and Dallas is what you have when you have an RB1 with a diminished WR corps and a so/so QB (though I agree the Red Rider Bee-Bee Gun is better than Dak). 

3 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

When there is no real receiving threat , teams will stop the run and dare the QB to beat them with lesser WR talent.  Now Boyd while being a solid player has never consistently faced the #1 corners and double teams.  This will be a new challenge for him.

3 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

I think it hurts Mixon’s value. AJ Green helps this offense keep the chains moving and get in scoring position. He obviously commands defensive attention as well. I think the slight bump in volume won’t overcome the total offensive downgrade. I could be overestimating Green’s value to this offense but that’s how I feel

Hopefully getting Ross back can keep the safeties honest. Also. you have to assume more targets for Mixon. Since he's the best weapon on offense, he should be getting the full David Johnson '16 experience.

Time for this board to get excited.

giphy.gif

Just now, humanpuck said:

I could see a Kamara like line for Mixon in this game.  18/48/TD, 9 rec/88/TD something like that.

There's no question the game should run through Mixon. If the Bengals want to beat the Saints, they're going to need to keep the ball out of Brees' hands. I don't trust Marvin Lewis to come out with the right game plan though. He'll probably abandon the run as soon as they go down by a score. 

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

There's no question the game should run through Mixon. If the Bengals want to beat the Saints, they're going to need to keep the ball out of Brees' hands. I don't trust Marvin Lewis to come out with the right game plan though. He'll probably abandon the run as soon as they go down by a score. 

Lewis doesnt call the offensive plays, he’s a defensive guy. Bill Lazor runs the offense. And, yea, I dont trust him either

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

This makes sense until they go 3 and out to start the game and they are down 14 (which you allude to lol) 

2 minutes ago, nflcore said:

i really worried to start him watching they limited gurley last week to his lowest this year. Wondering whether i should start chubb in his place

I’d start chubb over mixon in standard. Dont think I’d do it in ppr though

7 minutes ago, Chippa said:

with duke johnson getting good targets and atlanta offense clicking chubb will be hard to trust either. He can be goal line TD dependent

15 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I wouldn't and it isn't particularly close. Good think I'm starting both.

6 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

This is nuts to me.  

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't and it isn't particularly close. Good think I'm starting both.

I understand the "start your studs" logic, but the saints run defense is top notch, and the bengals have squat for receivers. Boyd's good, but he benefits from having Green across from him. Ross? Garbage. The o-line isnt particularly good either. I cant see the bengals scoring many points. This game is going to have to be won through the air for cincy. But Mixon can put up 6+ receptions this sunday. 

versus atlanta, Chubb's team is going to put up points. Which means goal line carries. I really dont think it's nuts to think that Chubb will outscore Mixon in standard leagues.

just my 2 cents on the topic

6 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Trying to buy in my ppr league. Looking like a top 10 ROS

He's going to be expensive, as a Mixon owner you'd have to give me a godfather offer to pry him away. 

5 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

He's going to be expensive, as a Mixon owner you'd have to give me a godfather offer to pry him away. 

Yea I know lol. Good thing is that he needs WR help BADLY and is a game outside of the playoffs. Gonna start a hail Mary attempt to get him. Worth a shot lol

I think there is too much overreaction here. AJ green has been hurt before and the offense ended up doing just fine. Granted AJ being out does make it harder but not impossible. The saints defense is getting better but they aren't the steel curtain 

Archived