Rotoworld.com Forums

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

smeeze

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Yea I know lol. Good thing is that he needs WR help BADLY and is a game outside of the playoffs. Gonna start a hail Mary attempt to get him. Worth a shot lol

I think there is too much overreaction here. AJ green has been hurt before and the offense ended up doing just fine. Granted AJ being out does make it harder but not impossible. The saints defense is getting better but they aren't the steel curtain 

Yeah but the overreacting is happening in both sides of the coin. There's the camp that thinks the AJG injury means more touches and targets fo Mixon and Boyd too, so they're upgrading these guys.  Depends which camp he's in. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, smeeze said:

There's no question the game should run through Mixon. If the Bengals want to beat the Saints, they're going to need to keep the ball out of Brees' hands. I don't trust Marvin Lewis to come out with the right game plan though. He'll probably abandon the run as soon as they go down by a score. 

Bengals could easily be down 14-0 early then it won't be so crazy to abandon the run.

Saints have a top rushing offense.

Mixon's going to need to be used extensively as a receiver if he is to have a good fantasy game on Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

So anyone worried to start him next week against the Ravens?

Well the Ravens arent a good team that is reeling right now, so I dont see why you would be afraid to use him.

1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

So anyone worried to start him next week against the Ravens?

I am, might just try my luck with Dalvin Cook or Aaron Jones. 

The offense looked terrible 

I really overestimated this guy when I drafted him. Thought I was getting a matchup proof RB1 but it looks like he’s more of a matchup play since they go away from him at the first sign of trouble. Should’ve sold when I had the chance. Talent is there but coaching is not

3 minutes ago, Boozted said:

I really overestimated this guy when I drafted him. Thought I was getting a matchup proof RB1 but it looks like he’s more of a matchup play since they go away from him at the first sign of trouble. Should’ve sold when I had the chance. Talent is there but coaching is not

A matchup proof RB1 who goes in round 3? :huh:

16 minutes ago, FF4life said:

AJ Green being out HURTS both Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon

Green's double coverage opened up everything for Boyd/Mixon

Don’t say that in the Boyd thread, they’ll call you a terrible person.

As an owner of all 3 (across 2 leagues), Green getting back as soon as possible is better for everyone.

14 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Don’t say that in the Boyd thread, they’ll call you a terrible person.

As an owner of all 3 (across 2 leagues), Green getting back as soon as possible is better for everyone.

Yessir

Wondering what the Hue Jackson affect does here.  Bengals offensive coordinator from 2014-2015:

Jeremy Hill - 222 attempts, 1124 yards, 9 touchdowns

Giovani Bernard - 168 attempts, 680 yards, 5 touchdowns

Jeremy Hill - 223 attempts, 794 yards, 11 touchdowns

Giovani Bernard - 154 attempts, 730 yards, 2 touchdowns

Looks like he's fond of Gio, and this will likely result in a larger timeshare than previous.  Slight downgrade of Mixon, and slight upgrade for Gio, methinks.

Edit - also, add in the fact that Hue is a ******** moron, and it's an overall downgrade of the entire offense.

3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Wondering what the Hue Jackson affect does here.  Bengals offensive coordinator from 2014-2015:

Looks like he's fond of Gio, and this will likely result in a larger timeshare than previous.  Slight downgrade of Mixon, and slight upgrade for Gio, methinks.

Edit - also, add in the fact that Hue is a ******** moron, and it's an overall downgrade of the entire offense.

He's not the OC. And if we saw anything in Cleveland, Duke was faded out of the offense entirely when Hue was there. If anything, recency bias tells me more Mixon. 

But I don't see how him being "special assistant to the head coach" dictates him making any decisions offensively. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

But I don't see how him being "special assistant to the head coach" dictates him making any decisions offensively. 

He' Marvin Lewis' secretary now, he has no say.  I expressed my concerns about Mixon and Boyd when Green went down.  I'm worried more about Boyd than Mixon.  The Saints Run D is one of the best in the league.  The Ravens offense is extremely meh, should be a positive game script for Mixon this week.

27 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

He's helping marv with the defense, not the offense,

the real value is Cin plays their divisional rivals the  browns 2x ROS  so when you have the ex browns HC who knows the strengths and weaknesses of every player on the team, u get an edge in gameplanning

Agree that I have no idea what his title or role means to the current situation.  Just shooting from the hip.  I am assuming that if Marv is helping with the defense, he would be asking Hue to help more with the offense.  Who knows.

10 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Agree that I have no idea what his title or role means to the current situation.  Just shooting from the hip.  I am assuming that if Marv is helping with the defense, he would be asking Hue to help more with the offense.  Who knows.

That is what the OC is for :D

Hue took over DC duties on the Browns while Haley had full control of offense so it makes sense that marv is also adding him to help him with the defense since hue was in that role this season

Just now, dashoe said:

Hue took over DC duties on the Browns while Haley had full control of offense so it makes sense that marv is also adding him to help him with the defense since hue was in that role this season

Hue had zero control of the offense or defense with the Browns.  He was reduced to a puppet this year.

49 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

No need to overthink the hiring of an assistant coach

On 11/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, Boozted said:

What were you basing your matchup proof analysis on?  I was on the 2/3 turn and I was between mixon and Howard...you won.

Hue had zero control of the offense or defense with the Browns.  He was reduced to a puppet this year.

Not entirely accurate Hue was heavily involved with defense so much so after the were crushed by the Steelers some of the ddefensive players threw him under the bus saying they were not preparedd properly to win the game andd then he was fired. . .:)

Hue is not going to make the Bengals worse, the current coaches are alreaddy doing a great job at that

He should have gotten a td.  They threw it on 1st and goal from the 2.  I don’t get the love affair with dalton.  Guy is a born loser yet they call plays like they’re an elite passing team.  The entire first half should have been a ball control game plan.  These idiots keep dropping dalton back 

Archived