smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

He's helping marv with the defense, not the offense,

the real value is Cin plays their divisional rivals the  browns 2x ROS  so when you have the ex browns HC who knows the strengths and weaknesses of every player on the team, u get an edge in gameplanning

Didn’t think of this... excellent point.  Lewis and Jackson are good friends, I’m sure Hue would love to help Marvin beat Greg Williams and his ex-employer twice.

40 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

He should have gotten a td.  They threw it on 1st and goal from the 2.  I don’t get the love affair with dalton.  Guy is a born loser yet they call plays like they’re an elite passing team.  The entire first half should have been a ball control game plan.  These idiots keep dropping dalton back 

Dalton has very good career stats, but if he's going to drop back that many times,  he needs to have Green and Eifert out there. Simple as that. He's not elite. Born loser? Little harsh. He won the Rose bowl in college, and has a career 68-42-2 NFL W/L record. He's good, but when his best weapon is out, he's going to need to have a good run game

Edited by Chippa

2 hours ago, FF_Domination said:

What were you basing your matchup proof analysis on?  I was on the 2/3 turn and I was between mixon and Howard...you won.

The fact that he also catches passes. I figured if the game script called for more of an air attack he’d still be more involved than he currently is. And yes I know Gio is still there but Mixon can do everything Gio can but better. I bet on talent winning out but I guess I was wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, Boozted said:

The fact that he also catches passes. I figured if the game script called for more of an air attack he’d still be more involved than he currently is. And yes I know Gio is still there but Mixon can do everything Gio can but better. I bet on talent winning out but I guess I was wrong.

yeah that's the head scratcher, the low volume of targets

1 minute ago, cordovahi said:

Bounce back game against the ravens?

I’m hoping, if I remember correctly he was having a good game the last time the 2 teams played but got hurt and went to the locker room twice. He did surprisingly good against the Saints with his limited touches. This game should be a lot closer and I’m expecting between 18-20ish carries with a few grabs. His end of season schedule is nice on paper too.

16 minutes ago, cordovahi said:

Bounce back game against the ravens?

The Ravens crappy offense is the best thing that could happen for Mixon. 

This is probably nothing but might be worth monitoring. Apparently there was a rumor that he jacked up his knee vs the Saints.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

Didn’t think of this... excellent point.  Lewis and Jackson are good friends, I’m sure Hue would love to help Marvin beat Greg Williams and his ex-employer twice.

It sounds great on the surface but keep in mind its still Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis. They are easily the worst coaches in the NFL now on the same team. Just because Hue "knows" the Browns tendencies, doesn't mean he's a smart enough coach to relay that information in a useful way to that Cincy is able to exploit it.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

13 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:
Apparently there was a rumor that he jacked up his knee vs the Saints.

This wouldn't really make sense if he was out there practicing normally yesterday, right? What in the 7 hells is going on here

13 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

This is probably nothing but might be worth monitoring. Apparently there was a rumor that he jacked up his knee vs the Saints.

No!!!!!!!

Sounds like it's just a cold.  It's pretty s---y weather in Ohio right now.  He's been healthy through the weekend and yesterday.  We'll see.  Definitely can't afford this right now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This wouldn't really make sense if he was out there practicing normally yesterday, right? What in the 7 hells is going on here

I have no idea. I didn't watch the game this weekend (own no shares of him), but I read that he was one the bench for a significant portion of the last half and now he's apparently not practicing. 

Again, probably nothing BUT might drop a kicker or someone for Gio if he's available.

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I have no idea. I didn't watch the game this weekend (own no shares of him), but I read that he was one the bench for a significant portion of the last half and now he's apparently not practicing. 

Again, probably nothing BUT might drop a kicker or someone for Gio if he's available.

Didnt he practice yesterday?

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

Didnt he practice yesterday?

Yup, no indication he was limited in any way yesterday.

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Well that's not good news. Kind of reminds me of the Sony Michel situation a couple of weeks ago. 

30 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

It sounds great on the surface but keep in mind its still Hue Jackson and Marvin Lewis. They are easily the worst coaches in the NFL now on the same team. Just because Hue "knows" the Browns tendencies, doesn't mean he's a smart enough coach to relay that information in a useful way to that Cincy is able to exploit it.

I wouldn't put too much stock into that.

idk. Hue Jackson was a pretty damn good coordinator. Not so much head coach

so is it a knee or a groin?  RW blurb is saying groin?

nvm, it was fixed now to knee

Edited by Panthor