smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

Time to stash Bernard?

Edited by Jin

11 minutes ago, Chippa said:

2010 Raiders, 2014 and 2015 Bengals

You mean the 2010 Raiders that ranked 23rd in passing and 2 in rushing?

Or the 2014 Bengals that ranked 21st in passing and 6th in rushing?

Or the 2014 Bengals who ranked 15th in passing and 13 in rushing?

The improvement in rushing in 2014 coincides with Cincy drafting Jeremy Hill (replacing Benjarvis Green-Ellis). Keep in mind, when Jackson took over, the Bengals passing game went from being ranked 8th in 2013 to 21st in 2014.

The improvement in 2010 Oakland rushing game coincides with drafting Darren McFadden (replacing 'leading' team rusher Justin Fargas lol).

Let's not discount when he was OC for Atlanta in 201 and lead them to the rankings of 18th and 26th in passing/rushing

Hue Jackson is terrible and the offenses as a whole being mediocre every year prove this. He just keeps getting chances because he knows people. AKA being friends with a fellow terrible coach like Marvin.

EDIT: To be clear, I think some take rankings too far and they are not the end all be all. Rankings can be HEAVILY skewed based off many variables. However, in this instance when looking for positives that Hue Jackson offered, rankings are the only way to measure his success or lack there of. To me, he has been completely mediocre throughout his career as a coach and it's amazing to me that he keeps getting hired.

Edited by Godfather131

1 minute ago, Jin said:

Time to stash Bernard?

I just did. Of my 5 RB, three are on bye this week, so I need Mixon [or his backup] to be in my lineup. Bernard has played very well in Mixon's absence, so he's probably good insurance if you don't have anyone else to go into that slot.

2 minutes ago, Jin said:

Time to stash Bernard?

1000000%

This is the time of year to hand cuff your top tier guys anyway, plus this news, I am adding Gio everywhere I can.  Even if you don't own Mixon, the Bengals showed earlier in the season they will feed GIO if Mixon is out.  So you could have an RB2+ for a week or 2 if Mixon sits, or maybe more if he's out longer. I own Mixon so I obviously hope that doesn't happen, but I'm in a tight race for a plyoff spot, so I'm making sure I'm covered in case of emergency here. 

Just now, Godfather131 said:

You mean the 2010 Raiders that ranked 23rd in passing and 2 in rushing?

Or the 2014 Bengals that ranked 21 in passing and 6th in rushing?

Or the 2015 Bengals who ranked 15th in passing and 13 in rushing?

The improvement in rushing in 2014 coincides with Cincy drafting Jeremy Hill (replacing Benjarvis Green-Ellis). KEep in mind, when Jackson took over, the Bengals passing game went from being ranked 8th in 2013 to 21st in 2014.

The improvement in 2010 Oakland rushing game coincides with drafting Darren McFadden (replacing leading team rusher Justin Fargas lol).

Let's not discount when he was OC for Atlanta in 201 and lead them to the rankings of 18th and 26th in passing/rushing

Hue Jackson is terrible and the offenses as a whole being mediocre every year prove this. He just keeps getting chances beccause he knows people. AKA being friends with a fellow terrible coach like Marvin. IMO, if he wasn't black, he'd be out of the league (but that's a whole other discussion that most would scoff at having. But it's reality.)

Listen, I know the stench of cleveland is strong with Hue, but I thought he was a very good o-coordinator. 2010 Raiders ranked 6th in total points, 2014 Bengals saw Marvin Jones and Eifert miss the whole season, and AJ Green miss 6+ games, and finished 15th in total points, 2015 Bengals scored the 7th most points in the league, and had Dalton playing at an mvp level. 

Like I said, the cleveland stank is still on Hue, and it's understandable, but I'm not going to let that skew my view on his history as an OC. It's a short, but good resume

Just now, maxim730 said:

He wasn't on the injury report...

Someone just posted a tweet saying he was limited today at practice - am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Jin said:

Time to stash Bernard?

f--- yes, Gio is almsot the best cuff out there because if Mixon goes down, Gio gets almost 100% of the work and plenty of targets.

Just now, Fort4242 said:

Someone just posted a tweet saying he was limited today at practice - am I missing something?

The tweet is correct.  Mixon was limited in practice and will likely be added to the injury report after today.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cordovahi said:

Limited is not all that bad right?? 

No - however, when the player is a full participant one day, and then limited the next, it is concerning.  Especially with a guy who was having knee problems earlier in the year.  Maybe it's not related at all, but I am worried as an owner. 

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Listen, I know the stench of cleveland is strong with Hue, but I thought he was a very good o-coordinator. 2010 Raiders ranked 6th in total points, 2014 Bengals saw Marvin Jones and Eifert miss the whole season, and AJ Green miss 6+ games, and finished 15th in total points, 2015 Bengals scored the 7th most points in the league, and had Dalton playing at an mvp level. 

Like I said, the cleveland stank is still on Hue, and it's understandable, but I'm not going to let that skew my view on his history as an OC. It's a short, but good resume

I am not basing a damn thing on his tenure in Cleveland. One of my buddies is a huge Browns fan (I know right lol) and I gave him a hard time when they hired him. I just think his name is bigger than what he has accomplished in the NFL. He is a terrible coach.

Edited by Godfather131

just here to scare owners - this is exactly how the Watson injury during practice started off .. 

1 minute ago, Godfather131 said:

I am not basing a damn thing on his tenure in Cleveland. One of my buddies is a huge Browns fan (I know right lol) and I gave him a hard time when they hired him. I just think his name is bigger than what he has accomplished in the NFL. He is a terrible coach.

He is a terrible head coach, I agree

should have accepted hopkins trade for this guy. I denied that offer looking at his playoff schedule F**. I have no other option now other than chubb who is on bye

Just now, nflcore said:

should have accepted hopkins trade for this guy. I denied that offer looking at his playoff schedule F**. I have no other option now other than chubb who is on bye

Go grab Gio man!  Good chance he's available since he missed a few weeks and then they were on bye.  

Bernard was available in my 14 teamer so I quickly scooped him up in case Mixon's injury is serious.  If it isn't, I can always drop him back to waivers but Bernard would make a nice flex filler for me this week.

3 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

just here to scare owners - this is exactly how the Watson injury during practice started off .. 

BvYPTJf.gif

• Haha 1

Tough choice for me since I’ve got Carson on the bench. Either I wait and see and risk Gio getting picked up or play Carson tonight. This sucks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

He is a terrible head coach, I agree

I don't accept mediocrity. And that's literally all he's been as an OC.

Terrible as a head coach. Mediocre as an OC.

Separate topic, but it's funny how so many of the poor organizations continue recycling bad coaches rather than promoting from within or looking for a younger coach with new ideas. These awful coaches that bounce from team to team with their same crappy style (that lead them to be let go in the first place) is hilarious to me.

I have Kamara and Chubb and McCoy on a bye. I need mixon to play man. I just put in a claim for barber as Bernard was picked up yday. This ruined my day