smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

Ya'll need to chill out.

Plenty of players get limited practices in the middle of the week and are fine.

Grab Gio if you can.  But relax.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

That whole "article" is complete speculation.

Maybe, but if I've got shares of Mixon, I'm dropping my kicker or WR5/TE2 for Gio if he's available. Without knowing what exactly happened, there is no way to gauge if it's a multi-week injury or minor. Given that he's had knee trouble in the past and just had surgery, it is reasonable to speculate that he may miss some more time. 

• Like 1

Luckily it's an early game but I will continue to keep Mixon in my lineup until further notice.

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

not DNP. Again this is an overreaction

It's fantasy football. It's about managing risk. Week 11 is a lot of heavy bye weeks. And most of us are in the final pushes for playoff spots or playoff seeding.

In one league I have 2 RB slots. I have 5 RBs on roster, but 3 are on bye. If Mixon can't play, I'll be scrambling Sunday morning to have ANYONE to put into that slot. So I rushed to scoop up Gio as insurance just in case. Hopefully Mixon is fine, and I didn't like giving up the bench slot, but I couldn't afford someone else to pick up Gio because he's such an effective handcuff if Mixon can't play. 

How is that an overreaction? 

• Like 1

Just now, bwarbiany said:

It's fantasy football. It's about managing risk. Week 11 is a lot of heavy bye weeks. And most of us are in the final pushes for playoff spots or playoff seeding.

In one league I have 2 RB slots. I have 5 RBs on roster, but 3 are on bye. If Mixon can't play, I'll be scrambling Sunday morning to have ANYONE to put into that slot. So I rushed to scoop up Gio as insurance just in case. Hopefully Mixon is fine, and I didn't like giving up the bench slot, but I couldn't afford someone else to pick up Gio because he's such an effective handcuff if Mixon can't play. 

Not to mention, if Mixon misses extended time that after this week the Bengals have some pretty great matchups. Gio is generally a plug and play RB2+. I would put him in the top tier of stashes/handcuffs. 

• Thanks 1

like others have said, nothing to see here,  if you own Mixon, grab Gio and start whichever one is playing on Sunday

I don't own Mixon but with Chubb on bye this week, I added Gio. I think it's a no brainer at this point to grab Gio. Possibilities:

1) Mixon plays. No expense, just drop Gio and pick up someone else that will fill the end of your bench

2) Gio is a good RB2 filler for 1 week

3) Gio is a good RB2 filler for multiple weeks

Considering the low cost, I think he's worth an add. He was also one of the top handcuffs to own after Ware and Malcolm Brown, and the handcuff scenario is already in effect, albeit with a uncertain timeline/prospect.

I would also argue that Mixon being game scripted out like what happened vs Pittsburgh is not a likely scenario for Gio, and would perhaps even boost his floor in half to full ppr leagues.

Edited by WaiverLooter

10 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

cant this be just managing his reps leading up to the game? I have both Mixon+Gio atm

Possibly but the reports saying that he injured his knee during practice make me think otherwise. Just don't know the extent of the injury.

2 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Possibly but the reports saying that he injured his knee during practice make me think otherwise. Just don't know the extent of the injury.

can you post the viable sources that said he injured his knee at practice? All i've seen is that he was limited because of his knee. 

5 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

can you post the viable sources that said he injured his knee at practice? All i've seen is that he was limited because of his knee. 

I'm just going by the reports from the beat writer Jay Morrison on twitter who is indicating it's a knee injury.

49 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Maybe, but if I've got shares of Mixon, I'm dropping my kicker or WR5/TE2 for Gio if he's available. Without knowing what exactly happened, there is no way to gauge if it's a multi-week injury or minor. Given that he's had knee trouble in the past and just had surgery, it is reasonable to speculate that he may miss some more time. 

If you have Mixon you should have Gio regardless

• Like 1

Just now, yanksman said:

If you have Mixon you should have Gio regardless

I do not have him BUT I am playing the guy that does this week, of course I snagged him real fast :o

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Because you shouldve had gio on your roster anyway. This news shouldn't have forced you to rush to the wire to grab him. 

31 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Because you shouldve had gio on your roster anyway. This news shouldn't have forced you to rush to the wire to grab him. 

Your right....I own Mixon and just went to my league to grab Gio and some guy scooped him up yesterday....damn!

Edited by nimzox

4 minutes ago, nimzox said:

Your right....I own Mixon and just went to my league to grab Gio and some guy scooped him up yesterday....damn!

Still 26% owned in yahoo fantasy. Plenty of leagues still have him available. I just scooped him up.

19 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Well, that's a difference of opinion. I see the possible uses for handcuffs, but I also see the alternative position that stashing upside players instead of handcuffs can have more, well, upside... Because it doesn't require an injury to a starter to be useful.

Generally I didn't see the need to cuff Mixon given the other RBs on my roster, with the possible exception of THIS very week when the byes aligned against me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

Well, that's a difference of opinion. I see the possible uses for handcuffs, but I also see the alternative position that stashing upside players instead of handcuffs can have more, well, upside... Because it doesn't require an injury to a starter to be useful.

Generally I didn't see the need to cuff Mixon given the other RBs on my roster, with the possible exception of THIS very week when the byes aligned against me.

The cuffs that have a role you can be comfortable with if the starter gets injured are the ones that should be rostered if the starter is a top RB for your team.  That is my opinion and philosophy though so I totally get doing it another way, I just sleep better with less risk. 

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

The cuffs that have a role you can be comfortable with if the starter gets injured are the ones that should be rostered if the starter is a top RB for your team.  That is my opinion and philosophy though so I totally get doing it another way, I just sleep better with less risk. 

Agreed. Point being that I feel comfortable enough with my RB depth not to handcuff, with the exception of this week when my byes aligned. @yanksman essentially offered a declarative statement that if you have Mixon you "should" have cuffed with Gio a long time ago. I disagree, as I don't think cuffs *always* make sense given various roster construction, bench sizes, league depth, etc.

3 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

Agreed. Point being that I feel comfortable enough with my RB depth not to handcuff, with the exception of this week when my byes aligned. @yanksman essentially offered a declarative statement that if you have Mixon you "should" have cuffed with Gio a long time ago. I disagree, as I don't think cuffs *always* make sense given various roster construction, bench sizes, league depth, etc.

Yeah, I think if you have depth you are fine. But a guy like Gio shouldn't really be available this late unless a team with Mixon isn't playoff bound. High quality cuffs should have already been scooped up by the trade deadline. Like Ware, I don't need him, but he'll rot on the end of my bench at this point. Because if anything were to happen to Hunt, he's a proven producer. In that KC offense an instant RB1.

Wish someone would release some actual information on whats going on. He need to take it easy and will be fine or looking more serious?