smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

And just when decided I felt comfortable starting Golladay at FLEX, another decision looms.

Thankfully I have Gio.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoomedRBs said:

Come on need some good news today

Ugh get out of here with that username

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Most likey scenario-

We don’t get much clarity, Mixon starts at less than 100%, Gio gets more work than usual as a result, potentially more work than Mixon depending on game flow and Mixon’s comfort level.

In a tough road game @BAL, with AJ Green likely out and the BAL defense focusing on stopping the run, Mixon is a very risky play this week. Hard to envision CIN pounding a bum-knee’d Mixon into the awaiting BAL defense over and over again. 

8 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Most likey scenario-

We don’t get much clarity, Mixon starts at less than 100%, Gio gets more work than usual as a result, potentially more work than Mixon depending on game flow and Mixon’s comfort level.

In a tough road game @BAL, with AJ Green likely out and the BAL defense focusing on stopping the run, Mixon is a very risky play this week. Hard to envision CIN pounding a bum-knee’d Mixon into the awaiting BAL defense over and over again. 

I wouldnt call him very risky. Expectations need to be tempered perhaps but Bal has their share of issues too.

7 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Most likey scenario-

I understand what you’re saying, but the Bengals are desperate for wins to stay in the playoff race.  Remember they said they would ease Mixon in coming off his knee scope surgery?  Then they threw that out the window once the game started, and he got 25 touches.

I think if he plays, and there aren’t any firm talks about him being on a snap count, he’ll get his normal workload.

No use speculating, better to just wait for the report today.  For those of you who were bojanglin’ on picking up Gio, this should be a wake up call. By this point in the season, all your studs should be cuffed if they have a clear backup.

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I wouldnt call him very risky. Expectations need to be tempered perhaps but Bal has their share of issues too.

Fair enough. Temper expectations may be a better choice of words. 

Honestly it you cuffed with Gio then you’re better off having Mixon sit. These type of games are not good for Mixon if they get behind early as we’ve seen, it’s all about Gio in garbage time so he’s likely to get more points than Mixon would get.  

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner reports Joe Mixon (knee) "looks all systems go" at Friday's practice.

Deep breath. It sounds like Mixon's limited Thursday and addition to the injury report was more precautionary than anything. We'll await the Bengals' final injury report, but it appears Mixon will be out there vs. Baltimore.

• Like 1

What do folks think this weekend? Is Mixon gonna find a way to put up decent numbers on the Ravens' unaccommodating run defense, assuming he's a full go? I'm finding it hard to trust the Bengals now, and I worry about him getting game scripted out by halftime again and putting up something like 70 total yards and no teeders. The Ravens can really script their defense to key on him, too. Yeah, Baltimore is starting a backup, but Flacco is so inconsistent that might not be a bad thing for Baltimore. Part of me wants to roll with TY Hilton or Golladay over Mixon in my flex spot. At least they'll be relevant for the full game, most likely.

32 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wow they didn't have to amputate?

They way people react around here I'm pretty sure he's missing a couple toes on both his feet. Don't be surprised if you see him running on a 90° angle. 

Joe Mixon (knee) was removed from the Week 11 injury report and will play against the Ravens.

Mixon was limited on Thursday but practiced in full Friday and is ready to roll as an RB2 on the road. It's a tough draw, but Mixon should be the focal point.

Yes you start Mixon for those questioning it. The ravens D is really only as good as the offense can take them. They have talent but if the offense turns the ball over multiple times through the game its Mixon time. They don't even know who their QB is this week. Flacco hasn't practiced and even if he plays is banged up. Lamar didn't practice yesterday cause he was sick and he's a rookie anyway. RG3 was the only guy taking practice reps yesterday. Between RG3 potentially playing and collins fumble problems and inability to move the ball the bengals should have more than enough opportunity. The ravens D is going to be out there all day and eventually they are going to gas out.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cordovahi said:

all these people scared of the matchup against the ravens... who else are you going to play?

Alshon/TY/Amari/Mixon (gotta choose one to bench in a full PPR) :)

Leaning towards not benching Mixon. He actually looked real solid against the Ravens in the first game pre-injury

• Thanks 1

I just wish Mixon weren't featured on multiple "Bust" and "Sit" lists for this weekend. I've noticed those tend to be easier for experts to predict than spike performances. If someone has no other comparable options, sure, roll him out, but if you have other guys who are close to him in the rankings of flex options this weekend (like I do), it might make sense to choose someone with a better paper matchup.

I'd find it hard to sit a bellcow or close to bellcow RB no matter the match up but that's just my opinion. 

• Like 2