smeeze

Joe Mixon 2018 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I actually (and unfortunately) agree. This might actually be a blessing in disguise. The game script is going to force Mixon to the sidelines more than owners will like. WE know Mixon is a three down back but that's irrelevant when we're on our couches and Marv has the headset

christmas, Marvin calls the defensive plays. Lazor calls the offense

12 hours ago, Chippa said:

christmas, Marvin calls the defensive plays. Lazor calls the offense

Lazor has this love affair with Gio in the hurry up and negative game script. I like Gio as a COP rb but he is not the stud who is going to make the big plays and win you games. U have to feed your studs and Lazor just doesnt get it, he keeps calling plays that don't work when they get behind

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Might want to rephrase that next time, seen ‘out’ and nearly had a heart attack. 

Haha I did the same thing...he’s been limited on Wednesday pretty much all season, figured it was just a maintenance day.

You can call out some valid and negative aspects about Mixons outlook this week, but if you’re in the playoffs you’re pretty much starting a guy who has been a solid rb2 for you all year.

yeah yeah they could get behind and he could lose work to gio. But he will also be leaned on with less of a passing game, against a defense that just lost pivotal lane clogger Corey leugit AND Denzel perryman a solid lb up the middle for them to minimize runs at the second level for smaller gains. And not to mention mixon has had a great ypc recently. And Driskell isn’t great but he’s bound to lead one drive inside the five, maybe even two. Making mixon still a sneaky bet for a td.

dont get cute, I’m trying to get to the championship this week and you can bet your tail he’ll be out there for me.

Mixon killed it in garbage time in week 12, this gives me a bit of hope going forward that they will use him when the game is out of hand. Chargers defense isn’t that scary either.

26 minutes ago, DoomedRBs said:

Mixon out practicing today

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

You can call out some valid and negative aspects about Mixons outlook this week, but if you’re in the playoffs you’re pretty much starting a guy who has been a solid rb2 for you all year.

yeah yeah they could get behind and he could lose work to gio. But he will also be leaned on with less of a passing game, against a defense that just lost pivotal lane clogger Corey leugit AND Denzel perryman a solid lb up the middle for them to minimize runs at the second level for smaller gains. And not to mention mixon has had a great ypc recently. And Driskell isn’t great but he’s bound to lead one drive inside the five, maybe even two. Making mixon still a sneaky bet for a td.

dont get cute, I’m trying to get to the championship this week and you can bet your tail he’ll be out there for me.

Yep 100% agree...good luck and hopefully you win bc that matchup next against the Raiders looks very good on paper. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rncnomics said:

how's everyone feel starting him since he "looked good" in Friday's practice?

Fire him up.  He will get the carries.  Just pray bengals can keep the game close

9 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Fire him up.  He will get the carries.  Just pray bengals can keep the game close

They can't. I suspect another 12-14 carry/2-4 reception game is in the forecast....max

Chargers have played better on the road, cincy has a shot to keep it close by controlling the clock with lots of Mixon. The question is, will Cincy actually do it 

Beast game. I was wrong about them keeping this game close. Mixon should be a freak with two nuetrwl game scripts ahead 

4 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Mixon can do it all.. elite level talented back. Hopefully he stays healthy and finishes strong. 

The Bengals kept the game competitive bc they used Mixon like they should’ve been all season. Next weeks matchup looks really good on paper and he could have a big game. 

53 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

What can we expect for Sunday against Oakland? Need a huge game out of him badly to help me get to championship.

I think his floor is about 14 pts in PPR. 60 rushing yards 4 catches 40yards.

I think he is a good bet to score vs OAK though his ceiling can be around 25. Neither team is great defensively but lack weapons offensively.

Edited by affliction