Sign in to follow this  
countseth

Taylor Motter 2018 Outlook

This is admittedly exclusive to very deep leagues, but with the injuries to Gamel and Heredia, Motter may have just been vaulted into a starting LF role.

PROs:

-AL team

-Great Lineup

-Multi-position eligibility (1B, 2B, SS, OF in fantrax and yahoo)

-Hit 7 HR, stole 12 bases in just 258 ABs last year with the Mariners

-MiLB stats indicate he could hit for a much better average than he did last year

CONs:

-.198 AVG and .257 OBP last year are pretty gross

-In age 28 season, so not a pup anymore, really

In leagues of 15-20+ teams or with very deep rosters/benches, I think he's now a decent upside play that will cost $1 in drafts, or a final pick, or can be picked up as a FA.

I've never done any kind of dive on his numbers, cause...why?  But, having watched him last year, I can say he's a pretty awful baseball player.

He got hot during the year, and then really tailed off. In deep leagues, if he's hitting well/a regular due to injury he's a nice swiss army knife (he only has SS and OF in ESPN right now, so less value in that format). With the Ichiro signing being reported as close, he'll need the injury bug to really bite to get a chance at an everyday role, though he could be on the short end of a platoon/semi regular "day off" guy if a starter is resting if the OF injuries persist.