Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

handyandy86

Matt Carpenter 2018 Outlook

Starting to wonder what kind of deal he's made with the devil the way his season has turned around.

13 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

This guy is decent.

Agreed. He doesn’t steal any bases. 

13 hours ago, 80version said:

Starting to wonder what kind of deal he's made with the devil the way his season has turned around.

I dunno, but whatever it is I think the devil gave him a bit of that juice in return...

Jeff Sullivan, Fangraphs: Understanding Matt Carpenter

Too much good stuff in there to excerpt, so read the whole thing  TL;DR: Elite plate discipline + elite ground ball rate + elite popup rate == ideal launch angle, which allows him to get the most out of a rather mediocre exit velocity.

2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Jeff Sullivan, Fangraphs: Understanding Matt Carpenter

Too much good stuff in there to excerpt, so read the whole thing  TL;DR: Elite plate discipline + elite ground ball rate + elite popup rate == ideal launch angle, which allows him to get the most out of a rather mediocre exit velocity.

This was a fantastic read, thanks! I can only imagine the numbers he would put up if the ball was "juiced" like last year.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:09 PM, 80version said:

if there ever was a deal with a  devil a struggling hitter would make - this is damn sure what it looks like.  Dude is homering essentially every other game it seems.

55 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Matt Carpenter is going to hit 40 bombs this year. Think about that for a second...

giphy-1-gif.gif

3 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

at this rate, he might hit 50 :o

I wish but the rate won't maintain, the HR's will slow down...I could see 40-42 if he stays hot.

Just now, Low and Away said:

X-rays negative according to Cards announcers.

Woo, that came quickly. Hopefully it is not one of those X-rays reveal nothing, MRI reveals something cases. 

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I wish but the rate won't maintain, the HR's will slow down...I could see 40-42 if he stays hot.

He has 33 currently with 41 games left. If he stays hot he might hit 50 lol

11 hours ago, Low and Away said:

X-rays negative according to Cards announcers.

Image result for denzel relieved gif

10 hours ago, Caelum said:

Bet the manager gives him today and possibly tomorrow off to make sure this hand doesn't become a lingering issue.

On 16/08/2018 at 7:45 PM, 80version said:

What is in that salsa... 

Apparently mold. 200 average last two weeks 0/12 last 4 games. Is the hot streak over?

Can't expect him to stay hot every single day.  But I do think they should move Harrison bader to leadoff and hit him 2nd or 3rd.

16 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Can't expect him to stay hot every single day.  But I do think they should move Harrison bader to leadoff and hit him 2nd or 3rd.

Definitely need to move bader up that lineup, would pull in a couple extra rbi for carp too