Sign in to follow this  
Dreams And Dwightmares

2018 Fantasy Football Platform Central

48 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Waivers didn’t run last night in my Yahoo league... all claims are still pending.  Anyone else have this issue?

Yep 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Waivers didn’t run last night in my Yahoo league... all claims are still pending.  Anyone else have this issue?

Nope 

44 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Thanks. So I guess it looks like it’s a Yahoo platform-wide issue.

Mine still haven’t run.,

My league's all ran at 3:29 AM Central this morning.

I believe it runs in priority from best leagues to worst leagues.

So I guess just hold tight the rest of you and think about ways to improve your league's while you wait to see if you landed Ito Smith.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

My league's all ran at 3:29 AM Central this morning.

I believe it runs in priority from best leagues to worst leagues.

So I guess just hold tight the rest of you and think about ways to improve your league's while you wait to see if you landed Ito Smith.

Ha, clever.

However, it’s my understanding that the best leagues take longer to process because they are full of more active owners, and thus involve more waiver claims each week.  

As evidence, I’d like to submit Exhibit A... Ito Smith was picked up two weeks ago in the league in question, while apparently he was still available last night in yours. ?

• Haha 1

Question about CBS roster rules.

Do any of you know how it works if you're over the roster limit on Thursday Night Football assuming you don't have anyone to play?

I need to cut 1 player off my team to make my roster legal.  I don't have any players active (or on the bench going on Thursday).  If my roster is illegal Thursday, and I cut my roster to size Friday or Saturday ahead of the first game, will I run into any issues?  

Thanks

I had a trade accepted in Yahoo which is supposed to go through tuesday and was a 2 for 1 (I’m trading 2). I have McGuire in my IR spot who is not IR eligible now.

Does anyone know if the trade will process or is it like a WW move where it won’t let it happen if I don’t get McGuire out of my IR spot?

Just as an aside, the mandatory 2 day wait on yahoo is the absolute worst.

Looks like Yahoo still hasn't updated the stats from last night's game? If you are stacked with kc/LA, you lost

On 11/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, nromn said:

I had a trade accepted in Yahoo which is supposed to go through tuesday and was a 2 for 1 (I’m trading 2). I have McGuire in my IR spot who is not IR eligible now.

Does anyone know if the trade will process or is it like a WW move where it won’t let it happen if I don’t get McGuire out of my IR spot?

Just as an aside, the mandatory 2 day wait on yahoo is the absolute worst.

That must be a public league, right. In private leagues you can reduce that down to a one-day wait.

8 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Looks like Yahoo still hasn't updated the stats from last night's game? If you are stacked with kc/LA, you lost

Yeah, looks like a platform-wise issue, since many people have pointed it out this morning in the Stat Correction thread. I’m sure it will be fixed soon.  Mine is showing the same thing.

In my main league we made the switch to Sleeper and it is by far the best platform. It's honestly not even close.

Still in an ESPN league and I'm also part of a Yahoo league that intends to make the switch to Sleeper next year. Of all platforms I've experienced, Yahoo is the worst. Easily. The aesthetics seem very juvenile and cluttered. Just too much going on.

For anyone debating a switch, I'd highly recommend Sleeper.

Edited by Godfather131

46 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

In my main league we made the switch to Sleeper and it is by far the best platform. It's honestly not even close.

Still in an ESPN league and I'm also part of a Yahoo league that intends to make the switch to Sleeper next year. Of all platforms I've experienced, Yahoo is the worst. Easily. The aesthetics seem very juvenile and cluttered. Just too much going on.

For anyone debating a switch, I'd highly recommend Sleeper.

Yeah, I floated the idea of a platform change to our leagues, but we have 12 years of history and stats built-in on our Yahoo league and 8 years on our ESPN league, so everyone would rather just put up with the occasional issue than lose all the archived history.

Yahoo seems to always have 2-3 issues every year.  We really haven’t experienced any issues with ESPN, outside of it being down for a short period a couple times.

I prefer the Yahoo app over ESPN, but I don’t like the website. ESPN is easy to use, but I don’t like the way they organize research and data.

If I were to start a new league, I’d definitely look into going with one of the other platforms like Sleeper.

50 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, I floated the idea of a platform change to our leagues, but we have 12 years of history and stats built-in on our Yahoo league and 8 years on our ESPN league, so everyone would rather just put up with the occasional issue than lose all the archived history.

Yahoo seems to always have 2-3 issues every year.  We really haven’t experienced any issues with ESPN, outside of it being down for a short period a couple times.

I prefer the Yahoo app over ESPN, but I don’t like the website. ESPN is easy to use, but I don’t like the way they organize research and data.

If I were to start a new league, I’d definitely look into going with one of the other platforms like Sleeper.

I do agree with that. The way they organize stats, etc is very strange. Another thing that bothers me about ESPN and the inability to adjust your lineup or view your projections in future lineup. (For example, it's week 3 but you want to view your projected stats for week 5.)

These shortcomings with ESPN outweigh the shortcomings for Yahoo to me. I just hate their interface. It seems very "kiddy" to me if that makes sense. I prefer the clean, simple interface to ESPN or Sleeper

11 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

I do agree with that. The way they organize stats, etc is very strange. Another thing that bothers me about ESPN and the inability to adjust your lineup or view your projections in future lineup. (For example, it's week 3 but you want to view your projected stats for week 5.)

These shortcomings with ESPN outweigh the shortcomings for Yahoo to me. I just hate their interface. It seems very "kiddy" to me if that makes sense. I prefer the clean, simple interface to ESPN or Sleeper

Yeah I agree about Yahoo. It used to annoy me a lot more when I started playing on ESPN since their interface is so much nicer, but I guess I’ve gotten used to it over the last decade.

The thing I like most about Yahoo app is the waiver wire and transaction organization.  I like that the default listing is by “most adds”.  It’s really hard to find that setting in ESPN.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah I agree about Yahoo. It used to annoy me a lot more when I started playing on ESPN since their interface is so much nicer, but I guess I’ve gotten used to it over the last decade.

The thing I like most about Yahoo app is the waiver wire and transaction organization.  I like that the default listing is by “most adds”.  It’s really hard to find that setting in ESPN.

I'm telling you, if you are interested in switching, Sleeper is the way to go. It has the best of both worlds IMO. Clean interface similar to ESPN, but also the stats and data organization of Yahoo. You can view season stats, weekly stats, average weekly stats, projected stats, projected avg stats. You can view trendy FA pickups. Plus the chat interface is fantastic and creates much more league activity, smack talk, etc IMO.

Another cool thing about Sleeper is it alerts you (in the chat) whenever a change is mind. If the commish does anything, it alerts you by saying "commish made changes blah blah". OR if someone picks up a FA or there is a trade, it alerts you in the chat with "so and so team made a free agent claim!".

I like this as it makes everyone aware of all activity. In ESPN or Yahoo, you would have no idea if anyone makes any moves unless you look.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

I'm telling you, if you are interested in switching, Sleeper is the way to go. It has the best of both worlds IMO. Clean interface similar to ESPN, but also the stats and data organization of Yahoo. You can view season stats, weekly stats, average weekly stats, projected stats, projected avg stats. You can view trendy FA pickups. Plus the chat interface is fantastic and creates much more league activity, smack talk, etc IMO.

Another cool thing about Sleeper is it alerts you (in the chat) whenever a change is mind. If the commish does anything, it alerts you by saying "commish made changes blah blah". OR if someone picks up a FA or there is a trade, it alerts you in the chat with "so and so team made a free agent claim!".

I like this as it makes everyone aware of all activity. In ESPN or Yahoo, you would have no idea if anyone makes any moves unless you look.

Yeah I believe you, but unfortunately I know my league won’t go for it.