urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Ravens, Chargers, @Seattle

don't see three TDs total for him, let alone in one game. 

You're overrating the importance of matchups with this KC offense.  KC has a good chance of scoring over 30 points no matter the defense they're up against.  Just playing probabilities, the goalline RB has a very good shot of scoring 1 or 2 of those.

• Like 1

It looked like a juicy match-up on paper against OAK, so many analysts had high expectations for Ware. However, he had two days to prepare for his new role as lead back. Also, this was a division game and game scripts and performances often get turned on their heads in games like this.

With that, his outing wasn't bad. He now gets a full week of knowing and preparing for his new role as the lead back. I'm confidently firing him as an RB this week.  

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Anderson would project to be more of a lead-back type signing. You definitely do not sign CJ to be a 3rd down and passing work RB. 

West's familiarity with the system likely gave him the edge over CJ, but he is likely to be more of an insurance signing and to spell relief for Ware. 

I would assume the job is still Ware's to lose. 

no.  wrong on all counts. 

the Chiefs "lead back" was released last Friday ... Reid needs familiarity with his system going forward, CJA prolly would not have seen any more than five carries a game. 

Charknado will be such a bigger thorn in the side - renders Ware to a TD dependent dart throw.  at best. 

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this guy gets it. 

Reid system back who tortured us Ware owners in 2016 is a hell of alot more ominous than a Panther/Bronco reject. 

Ware (2016) only had one game where he did not log double digit carries and averaged about 3 targets a game. West only logged double digit carries in 4 games and average a shade over 2 targets a game.

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this guy gets it. 

Reid system back who tortured us Ware owners in 2016 is a hell of alot more ominous than a Panther/Bronco reject. 

If you're going back to 2016 to make a point, it's only fair to also mention that Anderson is just one year removed from gaining 1,231 total yards . And forget about the Panthers and Broncos, West is a JETS reject after just one week, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Anderson would project to be more of a lead-back type signing. You definitely do not sign CJ to be a 3rd down and passing work RB. 

West's familiarity with the system likely gave him the edge over CJ, but he is likely to be more of an insurance signing, some 3rd down and passing situation work, and to spell relief for Ware. 

I would assume the job is still Ware's to lose. 

Over the next 3 week (which is all anyone of us really cares about) the chances of Anderson becoming lead back were slim to none. West's chances of becoming lead back are also slim to none. However, West knows the system and we have already seen what a Ware/West backfield looks like and I can tell you first hand its FRUSTRATING AS HELL. And West can step right in and be annoying pretty much this week because he knows the system. West will be the 3rd down/passing back and steal a series or two.

Just now, yanksman said:

Over the next 3 week (which is all anyone of us really cares about) the chances of Anderson becoming lead back were slim to none. West's chances of becoming lead back are also slim to none. However, West knows the system and we have already seen what a Ware/West backfield looks like and I can tell you first hand its FRUSTRATING AS HELL. And West can step right in and be annoying pretty much this week because he knows the system. West will be the 3rd down/passing back and steal a series or two.

If West's signing means that the usage/production goes back to 2016 I would be perfectly happy with Ware as a RB2.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no.  wrong on all counts. 

the Chiefs "lead back" was released last Friday ... Reid needs familiarity with his system going forward, CJA prolly would not have seen any more than five carries a game. 

Charknado will be such a bigger thorn in the side - renders Ware to a TD dependent dart throw.  at best. 

So the guy they did not want (West) will suddenly come in and steal a significant amount of carries from the guy they did want (Ware). I am missing the logic here. 

Signing a player with familiarity made the most since with a team that just lost a RB but I fail to see why he is a sudden threat to Ware's workload. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Ware (2016) only had one game where he did not log double digit carries and averaged about 3 targets a game. West only logged double digit carries in 4 games and average a shade over 2 targets a game.

wish we could go back to those 2016 KC  game threads ...

3 minutes ago, jnormy said:

If you're going back to 2016 to make a point, it's only fair to also mention that Anderson is just one year removed from gaining 1,231 total yards . And forget about the Panthers and Broncos, West is a JETS reject after just one week, lol.

LOLZ  LOLZ LOZ 

yeah, and Tim Hightower was a washed up reject the year he helped teams down the stretch 

LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

If West's signing means that the usage/production goes back to 2016 I would be perfectly happy with Ware as a RB2.

And then also keep in mind the offense is much improved with many more scoring opportunities. 

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

This is what he did yesterday. Hes definitely a solid RB2. I think some people were delusional thinking hed put up Hunt RB1 #s though.

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

So the guy they did not want (West) will suddenly come in and steal a significant amount of carries from the guy they did want (Ware). I am missing the logic here. 

Signing a player with familiarity made the most since with a team that just lost a RB but I fail to see why he is a sudden threat to Ware's workload. 

Hes not. "Ware" saying Anderson would have been even less of a threat over the next 3 weeks.

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Ware averaged 15 carries a game in 2016 (one less than Hunt this season). If he can get 15 carries and a few targets a game in this 2018 KC offense, I could not care less who they signed off the streets. 

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

Ware averaged 15 carries a game in 2016 (one less than Hunt this season). If he can get 15 carries and a few targets a game in this 2018 KC offense, I could not care less who they signed off the streets. 

You keep moving the goal posts and counteracting points I wasn't even talking about but whatever you do you.

Edited by yanksman

4 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

wtf are you missing here?  seriously, can you try and follow along a bit better? 

i said "WEST WILL DO ENOUGH TO RENDER WARE INTO A TD DEPENDENT DART THROW.  AT BEST."

The Chiefs were always going to sign another RB. West makes the most sense since he is familiar with the offense. Considering they hadn't signed west over the RB's they already had on the roster it is unlikely West has much of a role going forward. Strictly a depth or special teams guy.

I also think people continue to overestimate Ware's role in the offense with Hunt gone. He wasn't going to replicate Hunt or get the same number of touches. The Chiefs splitting the touches up a bit more makes sense. Ware still has standalone RB2 value in PPR because of the offense he is in and RB1 value in standard leagues.

Bottom line is ware will continue to be the lead back in an elite offense. He is proven to be productive as a starter, and Andy Reid’s starting rbs historically have been a really good back to own over the years.

even if all of our fears happen and this is a full blown rbbc, it’s still difficult to imagine ware as anything less than a low end rb2. Tough matchups like Baltimore you could put him down as something slightly less than that, but Mahomes will move the ball every week with easy goal line chances every Sunday. Just as we saw less than 24 hours ago.

if you have really good options you can sit him, but slot him in your flex at least, if you ask me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

You keep moving the goal posts and counteracting points I wasn't even talking about but whatever you do you.

I am not moving any goalposts. I think we agree that Ware is likely a RB2 with upside but I am not sure the hang up on West and 2016. 

Ware finished that season as a top 20 RB in PPR (14 games). West did not even crack the top 50 (15 games). 

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wtf are you missing here?  seriously, can you try and follow along a bit better? 

i said "WEST WILL DO ENOUGH TO RENDER WARE INTO A TD DEPENDENT DART THROW.  AT BEST."

As mentioned above, Ware finished as a top 20 back in PPR with West "sharing" the backfield. 

Your idea that Ware is only a TD dependent "at best" RB is silly. 

Tough week for Hunt owners who cuffed with Ware. Obviously we knew the production wouldn't be the same, but I think you were expecting two-thirds of the production rather than half and then postgame talk about Reid wanting this to be a committee. Ware's in the RB15-20 range unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, cbe_88 said:

Bottom line is ware will continue to be the lead back in an elite offense. He is proven to be productive as a starter, and Andy Reid’s starting rbs historically have been a really good back to own over the years.

even if all of our fears happen and this is a full blown rbbc, it’s still difficult to imagine ware as anything less than a low end rb2. Tough matchups like Baltimore you could put him down as something slightly less than that, but Mahomes will move the ball every week with easy goal line chances every Sunday. Just as we saw less than 24 hours ago.

if you have really good options you can sit him, but slot him in your flex at least, if you ask me.

this is all very well and good ... but we are heading into week FOURTEEN, not week FOUR ... this cat cannot be trusted in these playoff games.   he's a glorified Derrick Henry, TD dependent to the max. 

also, as far as those TDs go .. we all remember that Hunt went nine straight games without a TD last year, right?  NINE!

oh, this year's offense is so much better with Mahomes? yep, it sure is ... but the Chiefs had plenty of success last year, as well ... all because it wasn't as great as this year doesn't mean it wasn't prolific in it's own right. 

Reid rarely dials up 20 carries for his lead back ... he gets cute at the stripe ... plus he has an incredibly potent air attack at his disposal.  

i just don't see it with Ware going forward - i'm out. 

gl to you all. 

Is the person who wrote the Rotoworld blurbs CJ's mom or something?  Holy crap.  Those two writeups are so biased and, IMO, wrong.  

7 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this is all very well and good ... but we are heading into week FOURTEEN, not week FOUR ... this cat cannot be trusted in these playoff games.   he's a glorified Derrick Henry, TD dependent to the max. 

also, as far as those TDs go .. we all remember that Hunt went nine straight games without a TD last year, right?  NINE!

oh, this year's offense is so much better with Mahomes? yep, it sure is ... but the Chiefs had plenty of success last year, as well ... all because it wasn't as great as this year doesn't mean it wasn't prolific in it's own right. 

Reid rarely dials up 20 carries for his lead back ... he gets cute at the stripe ... plus he has an incredibly potent air attack at his disposal.  

gl to you all. 

-The Derrick Henry comparison is LOL funny. 

-Not sure your angle on the nine games without a TD.

-Hunt already has 3 more TDs this season than he did last season-- in 5 fewer games. So I would say the offense has improved drastically in regard's to the RB's value. 

-Breaking news: NFL running back averages fewer than 20 carries a game. Shocker. Gurley does not even average 20 carries.

-Hunt was a top 10 back this season. He is gone. Ware, who has proven to be both a successful runner and catcher, looks to take over the lead back role. If you do not see the potential there I do not know what to say, 

Edited by Grayson2401
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the chiefs were up by 3 or 4 tds yesterday I think things may have looked a bit different for Ware. But the game stayed tight so the Mahomes show was on. Ware is just gonna be more affected by game flow than Hunt, but the 20pt fantasy day is very possible every game for him. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gl to you all. 

I honestly think the fact that alex smith's offense last year was merely really good, to mahomes led cheifs being mind-blowingly and record breaking good is a very significant difference. I think yesterday was his floor to be honest. Nothing really went all that right for him and still cracks double digits. Missed on a goal line chance, and was still part of more of a trick play where Reid gave Ware another chance to run it in.

I wouldnt go as far as calling Ware TD dependent, but i understand that lean. And im not saying he's a world beater, i said people shouldn't dog him as less than a low end RB2. The offense he is in alone should give him RB2 value.