urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Kinda strange the Chiefs didn't have an injury report yesterday. Isn't this obligatory? I know it's just an estimation on Monday. Chargers put out a report yesterday, listing both Ekeler and Gordon as DNP. Would've been interesting to see Ware's estimated status...

 

They we’re both listed as “DNP” today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

I know you mean flex value rather than flex spot. Needless to say, DO NOT put any TNF player in your flex spot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, frog34 said:

I know you mean flex value rather than flex spot. Needless to say, DO NOT put any TNF player in your flex spot.

Correct, I meant flex value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

 

I've got Conner, Ware, and A. Jones (@CHI) for my flex. A couple weeks ago I thought this would be a dream spot with this depth. Now I'm struggling.

 

Going to need data on practice participation and read the tea leaves. I really DON'T want to play A. Jones @CHI after what Gurley just experienced. 

 

If Ware is healthy, I'm probably starting him Thursday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

 

I've got Conner, Ware, and A. Jones (@CHI) for my flex. A couple weeks ago I thought this would be a dream spot with this depth. Now I'm struggling.

 

Going to need data on practice participation and read the tea leaves. I really DON'T want to play A. Jones @CHI after what Gurley just experienced. 

 

If Ware is healthy, I'm probably starting him Thursday night.

 

Same boat. This Ware/Conner situation is going to be tricky. Hopefully we know by Thursday night if Conner is expected to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

 

Yup. Over every other option. 

Thanks! Going to pick him of the waivers then just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those with Ware and Jones, if Ware is out or even not 100% (which he is), are y’all considering starting Damien Williams over Jones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

For those with Ware and Jones, if Ware is out or even not 100% (which he is), are y’all considering starting Damien Williams over Jones?

yes.  he looked decent in limited action last week and converted those two goal line scores.  He was being used in the passing game as well.  He should push for 15-16 touches if Ware sits.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frog34 said:

I know you mean flex value rather than flex spot. Needless to say, DO NOT put any TNF player in your flex spot.

 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Why?

 

If he is a RB, you put him in the RB spot. Always leave your flex open in case you have to put a RB/TE/WR there on Sunday.

No reason to waste the flex spot.

One of the most important things I've learned on these forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmb3684 said:

 

Why?

 

WHat if you play an RB in FLEX on Thursday...then have injuries to two other RBs on Friday.  Now you're forced to find WW RBs for both positions whereas if you had started the Thurs player in RB slot, you have flexibility to play a WR or TE in the FLEX spot and only need to replace 1 RB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggling with whether to play Ware this week,. If he plays it should be a good spot for him. Would love to see him get a practice in.

Edited by '71 Bucks
The FLEX spot thing has been beat to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beerfish said:

 

If he is a RB, you put him in the RB spot. Always leave your flex open in case you have to put a RB/TE/WR there on Sunday.

No reason to waste the flex spot.

One of the most important things I've learned on these forums.

 

This would only matter if a player got hurt on Friday or Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dmb3684 said:

 

This would only matter if a player got hurt on Friday or Saturday.

 

Odell Beckham says hi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

This would only matter if a player got hurt on Friday or Saturday.

 

That happens quite a bit though. Usually it's a questionable guy getting ruled out on one of those days. eg. Odell, Melvin Gordon in London, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

This would only matter if a player got hurt on Friday or Saturday.

Then just put him in your flex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

For those with Ware and Jones, if Ware is out or even not 100% (which he is), are y’all considering starting Damien Williams over Jones?

I have the same situation and keep going back and forth on it. I have Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek with both RBs, so given the injury risk with Tyreek already, I'm personally leaning towards Jones. But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries. If Ware doesn't play, then I think Damien Williams vs Jones gets real interesting and may lean Williams if reports come out he will take the lead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

 

? why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matthewpullman93 said:

I have the same situation and keep going back and forth on it. I have Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek with both RBs, so given the injury risk with Tyreek already, I'm personally leaning towards Jones. But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries. If Ware doesn't play, then I think Damien Williams vs Jones gets real interesting and may lean Williams if reports come out he will take the lead. 

 

But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries.

 

Great point. Risk of in-game injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

? why

Value wise, hoping it's your RB2 than your team's flex guy. Conner the better play over Ware, but there's conflicting reports as to whether Conner will be ready or not this week.

Edited by matthewpullman93
to elaborate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Then just put him in your flex.

 

I think I just might.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.