urban2014

Spencer Ware 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Kinda strange the Chiefs didn't have an injury report yesterday. Isn't this obligatory? I know it's just an estimation on Monday. Chargers put out a report yesterday, listing both Ekeler and Gordon as DNP. Would've been interesting to see Ware's estimated status...

They we’re both listed as “DNP” today

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

20 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’m sure many here need Conner or Ware to play and TNF makes it very tricky. Hopefully it’s your flex spot and not RB2.

I know you mean flex value rather than flex spot. Needless to say, DO NOT put any TNF player in your flex spot.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, frog34 said:

I know you mean flex value rather than flex spot. Needless to say, DO NOT put any TNF player in your flex spot.

Correct, I meant flex value.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I've got Conner, Ware, and A. Jones (@CHI) for my flex. A couple weeks ago I thought this would be a dream spot with this depth. Now I'm struggling.

Going to need data on practice participation and read the tea leaves. I really DON'T want to play A. Jones @CHI after what Gurley just experienced. 

If Ware is healthy, I'm probably starting him Thursday night.

23 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I've got Conner, Ware, and A. Jones (@CHI) for my flex. A couple weeks ago I thought this would be a dream spot with this depth. Now I'm struggling.

Going to need data on practice participation and read the tea leaves. I really DON'T want to play A. Jones @CHI after what Gurley just experienced. 

If Ware is healthy, I'm probably starting him Thursday night.

Same boat. This Ware/Conner situation is going to be tricky. Hopefully we know by Thursday night if Conner is expected to play

26 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Yup. Over every other option. 

Thanks! Going to pick him of the waivers then just in case. 

For those with Ware and Jones, if Ware is out or even not 100% (which he is), are y’all considering starting Damien Williams over Jones?

1 minute ago, jtbgator said:

For those with Ware and Jones, if Ware is out or even not 100% (which he is), are y’all considering starting Damien Williams over Jones?

yes.  he looked decent in limited action last week and converted those two goal line scores.  He was being used in the passing game as well.  He should push for 15-16 touches if Ware sits.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

Why?

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Why?

If he is a RB, you put him in the RB spot. Always leave your flex open in case you have to put a RB/TE/WR there on Sunday.

No reason to waste the flex spot.

One of the most important things I've learned on these forums.

• Like 1

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Why?

WHat if you play an RB in FLEX on Thursday...then have injuries to two other RBs on Friday.  Now you're forced to find WW RBs for both positions whereas if you had started the Thurs player in RB slot, you have flexibility to play a WR or TE in the FLEX spot and only need to replace 1 RB.

• Like 1

Struggling with whether to play Ware this week,. If he plays it should be a good spot for him. Would love to see him get a practice in.

Edited by '71 Bucks
The FLEX spot thing has been beat to death.

Just now, beerfish said:

If he is a RB, you put him in the RB spot. Always leave your flex open in case you have to put a RB/TE/WR there on Sunday.

No reason to waste the flex spot.

One of the most important things I've learned on these forums.

This would only matter if a player got hurt on Friday or Saturday.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Odell Beckham says hi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

That happens quite a bit though. Usually it's a questionable guy getting ruled out on one of those days. eg. Odell, Melvin Gordon in London, etc.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Then just put him in your flex.

59 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I have the same situation and keep going back and forth on it. I have Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek with both RBs, so given the injury risk with Tyreek already, I'm personally leaning towards Jones. But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries. If Ware doesn't play, then I think Damien Williams vs Jones gets real interesting and may lean Williams if reports come out he will take the lead. 

4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

? why

1 minute ago, matthewpullman93 said:

I have the same situation and keep going back and forth on it. I have Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek with both RBs, so given the injury risk with Tyreek already, I'm personally leaning towards Jones. But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries. If Ware doesn't play, then I think Damien Williams vs Jones gets real interesting and may lean Williams if reports come out he will take the lead. 

But Ware's situation will be tricky. If he plays, he can easily put your team in a hole by reinjuring himself. The Chiefs may even limit his carries and make it more RBBC because of his injuries.

Great point. Risk of in-game injury. 

3 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

? why

Value wise, hoping it's your RB2 than your team's flex guy. Conner the better play over Ware, but there's conflicting reports as to whether Conner will be ready or not this week.

Edited by matthewpullman93
to elaborate

17 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Then just put him in your flex.

I think I just might.

• Like 1