Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FollowTheLeader

Terrelle Pryor 2018 Outlook

I think the jets end up calling the bucs about desean jackson and if that happens pryor has zero value. As things stand now I only want pryor in 20 team league as a wr4. Currently I rather own people like Treadwell, Michael Gallup, Martavis Bryant over him.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:51 AM, ilovepelas said:

I think the jets end up calling the bucs about desean jackson and if that happens pryor has zero value. As things stand now I only want pryor in 20 team league as a wr4. Currently I rather own people like Treadwell, Michael Gallup, Martavis Bryant over him.

lol

34 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

Pryor gonna go megatron on the Lions tonight

*looks at sig*

*nods*

*moves on as if nothing happened*

Yeah I am guessing the bucs will not be trading desean jackson anytime soon. To keep this pryor related at least he got targets today. Still only a wr3 in a 20 team league for now. The jets will be trailing a lot so I guess bye week filler in 14 team leagues. 

He's the 2nd WR to own in this Jets offense.

Pryor is superior to Anderson in the short/intermediate areas, as well as in the redzone. Anderson is the better burner, but Pryor is no slouch in that regard either with his 4.4 speed and 230 pound frame. If his usage keeps up at this rate (5.5 targets per game) he will be a WR4. He can creep into WR3/FLEX territory if he starts getting a couple of additional targets per game. 

I'm almost 100% confident he will see a few snaps at QB this week. Peterman will still start and get devoured by that Bears D. They will have to turn to some creative plays for Pryor out of wildcat. The coach isn't going to admit anything but he isn't denying anything either. A week ago the locker room was at the cusp of revolt if Peterman started so hard to imagine things have changed since then.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-sign-terrelle-pryor-who-immediately-becomes-buffalos-best-quarterback-and-receiver/

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/10/30/terrelle-pryor-expected-sign-buffalo-bills-peterman-may-start-qb/1818939002/

The real question is can Pryor keep the job or lose it to either Anderson when he comes back or a freshly signed QB in the next week or two. He'll have to at least look serviceable for them to give him a shot at other games. Against a tough D this week, you might only expect 6 or so points from a Bills QB at best but if he can retain the job long term we might be seeing a 10 point floor. Worth a flier I reckon.

I am interested in flexing a QB outside a super-flex league, but I assume he'll get re-tagged pretty quick if he ends up with the starting job. It's still intriguing in the interim.

Bills also just signed Matt Barkley, presumably to back up Peterman. So I'd say the chances of seeing Pryor at QB are quite low. 

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

I am interested in flexing a QB outside a super-flex league, but I assume he'll get re-tagged pretty quick if he ends up with the starting job. It's still intriguing in the interim.

I don't know about other platforms, but Yahoo doesn't take away position tags, only adds to them.

I'm adding Pryor in a few leagues just to see how it goes. If anyone remembers some years back, Pryor was in a similar situation with Cleveland. The QB play was so horrible, they lined him up at QB and he was running wildcats, as well as throwing the ball, and was the teams #1 WR. I might even start him in one league where I'm in bye week hell because I need upside. 

WKBW's Joe Buscaglia reports the Bills could move Andre Holmes back to special teams, allowing Terrelle Pryor to play a "legitimate" offensive role on Sunday.
Holmes has played nearly half (49.4%) of Buffalo's offensive snaps this season. Buscaglia notes Pryor and the Bills have both pointed out "how quickly he's learning the playbook," which could ultimately lead to the uber-talented receiver playing a significant role on offense only six days after signing. Given their horrendous skill depth, Buffalo would be wise to give Pryor reps under center, too. It's still a concern whether Nathan Peterman can even get Pryor the ball when he's out there.

3 minutes ago, MurderInc said:
I'm adding Pryor in a few leagues just to see how it goes. If anyone remembers some years back, Pryor was in a similar situation with Cleveland. The QB play was so horrible, they lined him up at QB and he was running wildcats, as well as throwing the ball, and was the teams #1 WR. I might even start him in one league where I'm in bye week hell because I need upside. 

WKBW's Joe Buscaglia reports the Bills could move Andre Holmes back to special teams, allowing Terrelle Pryor to play a "legitimate" offensive role on Sunday.
Holmes has played nearly half (49.4%) of Buffalo's offensive snaps this season. Buscaglia notes Pryor and the Bills have both pointed out "how quickly he's learning the playbook," which could ultimately lead to the uber-talented receiver playing a significant role on offense only six days after signing. Given their horrendous skill depth, Buffalo would be wise to give Pryor reps under center, too. It's still a concern whether Nathan Peterman can even get Pryor the ball when he's out there.

Agree that he is a good spec add, but starting a receiver with half-a-week's knowledge of the playbook on a team with 3 passing TD's against a tough defense doesn't scream upside to me.

8 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Agree that he is a good spec add, but starting a receiver with half-a-week's knowledge of the playbook on a team with 3 passing TD's against a tough defense doesn't scream upside to me.

If he gets in reps at QB it does. I'm thinking late game garbage points. Peterman is horrendous, and Barkley hasn't played in two years and just got signed this week as well. It's not out of question to see Pryor get some QB reps, but yes it's a huge gamble to start him and I'm only considering it out of desperation. 

47 minutes ago, MurderInc said:
which could ultimately lead to the uber-talented receiver

:huh:

15 minutes ago, golden eagles said:

https://www.theduel.com/posts/6214363-report-terrelle-pryor-may-have-bigger-role-at-qb-for-buffalo-bills/partners/44566

Being able to start a QB in a WR position, this could be big. Even a terrible game could produce WR1 numbers. It’s a Joe Webb situation with more upside. 

There is 0% chance of this happening.