Sign in to follow this  
cohenstantinople

Nathan Peterman 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Things can only go up for this guy, right?  5 INT game is tough to replicate. 

 

And Browns have to do better than 1 win or else Hue Jackson going to jump into the Lake...

maxresdefault.jpg

 

6 picks.  Book it.  Ravens D highest scoring Fantasy play in week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, devaster said:

Don't see what the issue is. He was far and away the best QB in Buffalo all offseason and in the preseason. He gives them the best chance the win and also the best fantasy output for the rest of the players on the Bills' offense.

 

I gotta disagree here.

 

If you're a KB owner I believe you want Josh Allen throwing the Football.

 

I don't think Josh Allen is good, don't get me wrong, but I think a dude with a canon for an arm with 0 accuracy to go along with its best friend is a guy with the wingspan of a Ford F150 that can catch a lot of balls thrown into and near his vicinity.

 

I think the Bills are absolute toast this year, but if I was a KB owner, I'd want Allen throwing bullets at KB and not Peterman aiming with his slingshot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman this preseason:

 

vCar - 9/10, 118 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (Int was off RB hand/shoulder over the middle)

 

@Cle - 8/10, 113 Yards, 1 TD

 

vCin - 16/21, 200 Yards, 1 TD

 

Week 4 @ Chicago, DNP

 

Total: 33/41, 80.5%, 431 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT 

 

Dogging a guy who looked bad his first game as a rookie the year prior is just lazy and how you miss out on players in fantasy and make mistakes.

 

I think people banking on Baltimore Defense are being overzealous. Theres a good chance the bills play conservative ball control offense that leads to few sacks and turnovers for the Ravens. OC Brian Daboll spent many years with the Patriots and brought a similar short passing attack to Buffalo which plays to Peterman's strengths.

 

Peterman isn't going to start for single QB leagues obviously, but in a 2QB league he's an easy own with QB2 potential. 

 

McCoy didn't play at all this preseason and the OL was shuffled during the Cinci game. The OL hasn't looked good but there are factors working in their favor to vastly improve over what happened in week 3 of preseason. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Peterman this preseason:

 

Quoted the only part that matters.

 

Preseason means very little.

 

Remember when Mitch Trubisky was the next coming after last preseason?

 

Evaluating a guy based only on preseason when he has NFL Tape and College Tape against real live bullets tends to throw people off the trail IMO and I see that as lazy.

 

I guess 2 people can watch the same thing and their brains interpret what they are viewing differently though.

 

I believe I've seen enough of him to know he has a weak arm and was bailed out at Pitt with the huge windows he was throwing into.  In the NFL the windows are smaller and Buffalo is one of the hardest places to play because of the weather there.  For better or worse there is a reason Buffalo always spends high picks on QBs with cannon arms (see EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, Kyle Allen).  

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Quoted the only part that matters.

 

Preseason means very little.

 

Remember when Mitch Trubisky was the next coming after last preseason?

 

Evaluating a guy based only on preseason when he has NFL Tape and College Tape against real live bullets tends to throw people off the trail IMO and I see that as lazy.

 

I guess 2 people can watch the same thing and their brains interpret what they are viewing differently though.

 

I believe I've seen enough of him to know he has a weak arm and was bailed out at Pitt with the huge windows he was throwing into.  In the NFL the windows are smaller and Buffalo is one of the hardest places to play because of the weather there.  For better or worse there is a reason Buffalo always spends high picks on QBs with cannon arms (see EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, Kyle Allen).  

 

Manuel never looked good, Cardale never played a game, and I don't know who Kyle Allen is.

 

I guess every thread in this place is full of people making predictions who seem to have a crystal ball they are so sure.  I wonder what the right:wrong ratio is.  The season starts in a few days...let's just wait and see rather than claim that we know exactly what's going to happen.

 

I'm not saying the Peterman doubters are wrong.  They are very likely right.  But the truth will probably lie somewhere in the middle.  i.e. he won't be as bad as everyone expects.  He could be Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0 or something.

Edited by Dream On

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dream On said:

 

Manuel never looked good, Cardale never played a game, and I don't know who Kyle Allen is.

 

I guess every thread in this place is full of people making predictions who seem to have a crystal ball they are so sure.  I wonder what the right:wrong ratio is.  The season starts in a few days...let's just wait and see rather than claim that we know exactly what's going to happen.

 

I'm not saying the Peterman doubters are wrong.  They are very likely right.  But the truth will probably lie somewhere in the middle.  i.e. he won't be as bad as everyone expects.  He could be Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0 or something.

 

I make claims every year based on unproven NFL players... get this...

 

On their college tape.  It's not a crystal ball.  It's a real thing where live bullets were being fired in the Amateur Division of this sport (NFL).

 

I never said those other QBs were good QBs.  I said they all have huge arms.  Look it up, you might be surprised but everything you will find about them is their big arms.

 

The Bills organization has stressed for years around the NFL draft time they look for QBs with big arms to handle the inclement weather of playing outdoors in upstate New York.  You can look that up too.

 

If you wake up during the last 10 minutes of a mystery movie and don't know who the murderer is because you haven't been watching, it doesn't mean those around you have no clue when they were in the chairs and awake at the start of the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I make claims every year based on unproven NFL players... get this...

 

On their college tape.  It's not a crystal ball.  It's a real thing where live bullets were being fired in the Amateur Division of this sport (NFL).

 

I never said those other QBs were good QBs.  I said they all have huge arms.  Look it up, you might be surprised but everything you will find about them is their big arms.

 

The Bills organization has stressed for years around the NFL draft time they look for QBs with big arms to handle the inclement weather of playing outdoors in upstate New York.  You can look that up too.

 

If you wake up during the last 10 minutes of a mystery movie and don't know who the murderer is because you haven't been watching, it doesn't mean those around you have no clue when they were in the chairs and awake at the start of the movie.

 

Yeah, that's why I said the Peterman doubters are likely right.  He hasn't proven anything and pre-season means nothing outside of being a tiny bit encouraging.

 

My point is that nothing is 100% and with the season days away let's just wait and see.  No one (in a 1 QB league) is starting him or has probably even drafted him.  Even me, a guy who is defending him and his chances, I am in four leagues and I own him in exactly zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dream On said:

 

Yeah, that's why I said the Peterman doubters are likely right.  He hasn't proven anything and pre-season means nothing outside of being a tiny bit encouraging.

 

My point is that nothing is 100% and with the season days away let's just wait and see.  No one (in a 1 QB league) is starting him or has probably even drafted him.  Even me, a guy who is defending him and his chances, I am in four leagues and I own him in exactly zero.

 

Good and fair points.

 

I've been wrong before so I can be wrong again on this.

 

For better or worse though I always bet on my own wannabe scout eyes though.

 

For the sake of the Bills fan base, I hope I'm wrong.  That is a great fan base that doesn't deserve what I believe is about to happen to them this season.

 

For the sake of my ego, I'll be banking on me and looking to trade for KB when it starts looking like Peterman is about to hit the pine for the rest of the Season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've grabbed him in my 2QB league but someone beat me to it. He didn't look great last year but you never know. Guys sometimes take big steps forward 2nd or 3rd year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get to see him in preseason?  was he connecting with Kelvin? or was he throwing allot to the  Tight End? Trying to gage what kind of performance we might see in the passing game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterman beat out AJ McCarron who just got traded for a 5th round pick.  The guy will be just fine.  Josh Allen is the future but he's not as ready as Peterman right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Quoted the only part that matters.

 

Preseason means very little.

 

Remember when Mitch Trubisky was the next coming after last preseason?

 

Evaluating a guy based only on preseason when he has NFL Tape and College Tape against real live bullets tends to throw people off the trail IMO and I see that as lazy.

 

I guess 2 people can watch the same thing and their brains interpret what they are viewing differently though.

 

I believe I've seen enough of him to know he has a weak arm and was bailed out at Pitt with the huge windows he was throwing into.  In the NFL the windows are smaller and Buffalo is one of the hardest places to play because of the weather there.  For better or worse there is a reason Buffalo always spends high picks on QBs with cannon arms (see EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, Kyle Allen).  

No, you didn't quote the only part that matters, you ignored the entire meat of the post. We all know preseason is just glorified scrammage, but judging him based on 1 start as a rookie, that most just saw highlights of,  and ignoring his offensive system and potential coaching staff approach.  

 

Good job. SMH.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

No, you didn't quote the only part that matters, you ignored the entire meat of the post. We all know preseason is just glorified scrammage, but judging him based on 1 start as a rookie, that most just saw highlights of,  and ignoring his offensive system and potential coaching staff approach.  

 

Good job. SMH.

 

 

 

You forgot the 4 years of college where he wasn't good enough to start at one of the worst teams in the SEC.  Got his butt handed to him when he did.  So he transferred to Pitt and was just OK.

 

You can believe what you want, but don't be shocked when he's getting yanked for Josh Allen after the Bills start the season 0-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HurryupO said:

Did anyone get to see him in preseason?  was he connecting with Kelvin? or was he throwing allot to the  Tight End? Trying to gage what kind of performance we might see in the passing game. 

 

He mainly throws it to the opponents colored jersey or the ground once the real games begin.

 

Too soon to say if he'll favor Clay or KB or Shady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I live in Buffalo and he didnt even get drafted in any of my homer-filled leagues.   Even in a 2 QB league, you've surely taken two before Peterman, and by the time you need a bye week player, its going to be Josh Allen's team.    The ONLY reason Allen is not starting now is because the line is trash.  Preseason game 3 almost got Allen killed.     Peterman has the least grip on his job of any QB in the league.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Good and fair points.

 

I've been wrong before so I can be wrong again on this.

 

For better or worse though I always bet on my own wannabe scout eyes though.

 

For the sake of the Bills fan base, I hope I'm wrong.  That is a great fan base that doesn't deserve what I believe is about to happen to them this season.

 

For the sake of my ego, I'll be banking on me and looking to trade for KB when it starts looking like Peterman is about to hit the pine for the rest of the Season.

 

I am a Bills fan but a realist.  I don't think this team makes the playoffs with any of their QBs.

 

But even if things go very bad, it's no biggie for me because my expectations are already low.  And next year they will have a ton of cap room that they will surely use to build an offense around Allen.  Allen will be ready to start by then.  So if they go 2-14 and get a high pick, to me that's always been better than 7-9, going through the season knowing the team isn't good enough, and getting  a mid-level pick.  Give me the #1-3 pick, good coaches, some talented young players, and lots of cap space any day.  Not a terrible situation to be in.

 

The Bills seem to usually be around .500 even when everyone thinks they will be terrible.  At this point the Bills feel like the Bears one year ago.

 

I know people think Buffalo is a terrible organization with inept mgmt but I really don't see that.  Have to remember this owner and mgmt team are still relatively new and they've made a lot of good moves (trading Watkins, drafting White, accumulating picks to grab Allen and Edmonds, etc).  Sure, they are not batting a thousand but who does?  There is a blueprint they are following and it's not something they can complete in one season.  They are at least one year away from something good but they have a pretty decent shot at getting there.

Edited by Dream On

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized something. A lot of this thread sounds like a lot of the Davis Webb talk from some 2017 thread I can't remember where I said similar harsh comments and was getting attacked by people. 

 

"You have no idea what you're talking about." 

 

"You think you know, but it's all a guess" 

 

Etc. 

 

Fast forward to him being cut... 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

You forgot the 4 years of college where he wasn't good enough to start at one of the worst teams in the SEC.  Got his butt handed to him when he did.  So he transferred to Pitt and was just OK.

 

You can believe what you want, but don't be shocked when he's getting yanked for Josh Allen after the Bills start the season 0-4.

 

7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

You forgot the 4 years of college where he wasn't good enough to start at one of the worst teams in the SEC.  Got his butt handed to him when he did.  So he transferred to Pitt and was just OK.

 

You can believe what you want, but don't be shocked when he's getting yanked for Josh Allen after the Bills start the season 0-4.

Oh come on that's such a cop out and irrelevant for fantasy, otherwise ignore all transfers like Cam Newton, and any anyone drafted after Round 4.

 

Long term Allen is the guy but to think he doesn't have QB2 upside in 2 QB leagues because he transferred in college and had a bad debut last year is nonsense. 

 

The offensive system plays to his strengths. We've seen this same system take Matt Cassell, who didn't even play in college look good enough in this system that KC traded for him and gave him a franchise QB contract.

 

Peterman, who I admit am not a long term fan of, has looked great throughout the off-season and preseason, enough that they flat out dumped McCarron. 

 

To ignore him in 2 QB leagues and load up on Ravens D because of those reasons just seems like a shotty oversimplistic outlook.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrianM said:

Man, I live in Buffalo and he didnt even get drafted in any of my homer-filled leagues.   Even in a 2 QB league, you've surely taken two before Peterman, and by the time you need a bye week player, its going to be Josh Allen's team.    The ONLY reason Allen is not starting now is because the line is trash.  Preseason game 3 almost got Allen killed.     Peterman has the least grip on his job of any QB in the league.

 

so allen will take over by the bye weeks but he isnt starting now because the line stinks 

you think the line is just going to get better during the season ? 

i dont follow the bills much do they have o line injuries ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

 

Oh come on that's such a cop out and irrelevant for fantasy, otherwise ignore all transfers like Cam Newton, and any anyone drafted after Round 4.

 

Long term Allen is the guy but to think he doesn't have QB2 upside in 2 QB leagues because he transferred in college and had a bad debut last year is nonsense. 

 

The offensive system plays to his strengths. We've seen this same system take Matt Cassell, who didn't even play in college look good enough in this system that KC traded for him and gave him a franchise QB contract.

 

Peterman, who I admit am not a long term fan of, has looked great throughout the off-season and preseason, enough that they flat out dumped McCarron. 

 

To ignore him in 2 QB leagues and load up on Ravens D because of those reasons just seems like a shotty oversimplistic outlook.

 

 

 

To each their own. 

 

I see Tom Savage 2.

 

Also very hyped by the coaching staff until he was outright cut. 

 

You might be right though. We'll see I guess. I'll try to remember to check back in 4 weeks to see what's new in here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all sick, how is this thread a thing still. FFA needs to become a thing, who wants a 24 hour chip??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just wanted to chime in because this has been bumped up top as much as the Bell thread ... does J.Peterman also have a rap record?

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.