fletch44

Carlos Gonzalez 2018 Outlook

Triple and a bomb in his first two Coors ABs of the season. 

• Like 1

Nice work in here, boys. Let's see if CarGo can continue to prove that last season was the outlier due to the sleep issues.

1 hour ago, JFS179 said:

I don’t get cutting this guy, especially before they’ve played at the best hitter’s haven in the game. 

Batting cleanup in a great lineup in an awesome environment. Those are the drops you end up really regretting after 6 games or whatever. 

Yea, I guess I don't really get drafting him, then dropping him after a 7 game road trip.  You kinda need to know what you're buying on draft day.

Although, in a 10 team league, that roster move doesn't really move the needle too much.

Edited by 89Topps

On 4/5/2018 at 3:16 PM, Michael Bluth said:

I had him for the upside that he was still some of what he used to be. I don’t see it, so back he goes and take the next shot on someone else. I don’t need to roster ww level on my bench, I need upside there

440723_orig.jpg

I get the feeling he is going to help us this year. Where he was going in drafts was a no brainer pick. Low risk high reward. My 3 biggest fantasy zombies this year are Cargo, Hanley, and Miggy. 

16 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Yea, I guess I don't really get drafting him, then dropping him after a 7 game road trip.  You kinda need to know what you're buying on draft day.

Although, in a 10 team league, that roster move doesn't really move the needle too much.

I picked him up in my 10 team league, once Nelson Cruz comes back, I'm going to drop Domingo Santana and keep Gonzalez. I believe the fact that he is over his sleep issues, hitting in a deep lineup, in a hitter friendly ballpark, that he'll bounce back. He has a higher ceiling than most waiver wire players. Hopefully he keeps this solid play up!

Home run tonight but not much else

I am not sure what to make of him yet....are people dumping or keeping?

He still OPS .900 at home last year....almost seems worth holding for that

3 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Keeping. Promising start to the home stand. Sure it was only 1 HR, but it's a testament to the type of player he can be in that potent lineup. I'm holding for now. 

2 minutes ago, Akecheta said:

Keeping. Promising start to the home stand. Sure it was only 1 HR, but it's a testament to the type of player he can be in that potent lineup. I'm holding for now. 

well he has 2 so far both at home

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Is this a for real statement? "Oh just a homer tonight, no big deal."

Some of us that don't play in 10 team mixers consider that a good night

Just now, bravesfan4life said:

I was just speaking on the fact is OBP is low and he was hitting seventh tonight against a lefty

take it easy man

5 minutes ago, bravesfan4life said:

4 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

I was just speaking on the fact is OBP is low and he was hitting seventh tonight against a lefty

take it easy man

Still, a homer is a homer, and I'll take that. 10 team, 12 team, left or right hander, the fact that he's producing is a great sign. I'm hoping that the torrid stretch he went through back in September is still going into this year. 

His stats are nearly identical to Giancarlo Stanton's, yet Gonzalez could be had on the waiver wire in many leagues. I think he deserves more respect than what he's been getting. Rotoworld has been bashing him:

CarGo turned back the clock by carrying the load for the Rockies’ offense on Friday, slugging a solo homer off Tanner Roark in the fourth inning before delivering a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the sixth. That was all the Rockies’ bullpen would need. After returning to Colorado on a one-year, $8 million deal last month, Gonzalez is batting .255/.278/.510 with three homers and nine RBI through 15 games this season. He’s not much of an option in mixed fantasy leagues these days.

5 minutes ago, Akecheta said:

His stats are nearly identical to Giancarlo Stanton's, yet Gonzalez could be had on the waiver wire in many leagues. I think he deserves more respect than what he's been getting. Rotoworld has been bashing him:

CarGo turned back the clock by carrying the load for the Rockies’ offense on Friday, slugging a solo homer off Tanner Roark in the fourth inning before delivering a go-ahead sacrifice fly in the sixth. That was all the Rockies’ bullpen would need. After returning to Colorado on a one-year, $8 million deal last month, Gonzalez is batting .255/.278/.510 with three homers and nine RBI through 15 games this season. He’s not much of an option in mixed fantasy leagues these days.

Yea, I don’t understand that line.  He’s definitely not the Cargo of old but he still has value as a 3rd OF or utility/ reserve type player.  And his cost was dirt cheap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Akecheta said:

His stats are nearly identical to Giancarlo Stanton's

I'm solidly on team CarGo, and the RW blurb is obviously wrong, but the fact that he's matched Stanton when Stanton has been dreadful doesn't really prove anything.  Stanton could easily rip off a five homer week and nobody would be shocked, while expecting that out of CarGo would be pretty foolish.

• Like 3

If I was good at Photoshop and had endless amounts of time, I would make a "Legends of the Disabled List" graphic.  Tulo, Michael Brantley, Greg Bird, David Wright, and this guy would be on it also.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

If I was good at Photoshop and had endless amounts of time, I would make a "Legends of the Disabled List" graphic.  Tulo, Michael Brantley, Greg Bird, David Wright, and this guy would be on it also.  

Jacoby Ellsbury has to be on that list.

Supposedly just tweaked his hamstring but as we know with Cargo his recuperation abilities aren't on par with most professional athletes. Would expect to see him sometime early next week.

Edit: Just saw some chatter about it being a legitimate hamstring strain. Welp. At least he didn't cost much.

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 1

Comeon Rich Harden retired the Dl king crown. the guy would pitch 1 game then sit out a month. Sick Bay Commando indeed. As for Cargo I assume a DL stint is coming

23 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

We could call it the Hall of Maimed

• Haha 1

Hopefully Cargo's just day-to-day.  I was liking his prospects so far and, surprisingly, he was running more (though I don't know the context of the stolen base attempts).

Off day tomorrow.

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

Cargo getting no love from his manager.

Sitting vs a righty.

I really want to drop.  But that 9 game homestand upcoming looks so appetizing.