NYR Fan 116894

MacKenzie Gore- SP SD

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

Well thought out, logical reasoning. I can totally see where you're coming from. 🙄

This is baseball bro, don't care about football, and yes, age compared to the competition is fairly important when considering minor league numbers. 

You asked a yes-or-no question - what was the problem with my response?

Given the scenario and facts that you’re positing, it does not necessarily follow that the older player will outperform the younger player.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

Well thought out, logical reasoning. I can totally see where you're coming from. 🙄

This is baseball bro, don't care about football, and yes, age compared to the competition is fairly important when considering minor league numbers. 

 

But, but, but. Mize threw a no hitter so that qualifies him as being better than anyone who hasn’t lol.

Philip Humber pitched a perfect game in 2012. I guess that makes him the best pitcher that year. lol

 

 

Edited by ThreadKiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s get this thread back to being about Gore. He is absolute dynasty league gold. I’m pumped to have had him rostered since early last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, phily915 said:

Making a big leap in 2019 in A+, K's increasing, BB's decreasing -- Is my #2 Pitching prospect

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 2.23.32 PM.png

 

Those are some elite pitching numbers in A+  level. Big jump from last year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, phily915 said:

Making a big leap in 2019 in A+, K's increasing, BB's decreasing -- Is my #2 Pitching prospect

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 2.23.32 PM.png

 

I don't even look at his numbers from last year.  So many of his starts were tainted by the blister issues.  I'd make the argument if he wasn't dealing with the blisters he would have put up similar numbers last year.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's better than Mize. Better K pitches and just as good of a batted ball profile. Mize might be more polished right now, but I think Gore's ceiling is way higher. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

I think he's better than Mize. Better K pitches and just as good of a batted ball profile. Mize might be more polished right now, but I think Gore's ceiling is way higher. 

 

Kershaw is not an unreal comp.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, B&F said:

 

Kershaw is not an unreal comp.

 

23 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

 

It's not at all. All the way down to mechanical similarities. 

Kershaw comps were floated around a couple of years back which is what prompted me to jump all over this guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rotoworld blurb on same:

Quote

Padres promoted LHP MacKenzie Gore to Double-A Amarillo.

To say this was earned is an understatement. Gore, 20, has been among the top performers in the minors regardless of level, and owns a 1.02 ERA along with a 110/20 K/BB ratio over 79 1/3 innings. The third pick of the 2017 draft, Gore has a rare combination of a high-floor and high-ceiling because he locates swing-and-miss stuff. We likely don't see him pitch for the Padres in 2019, but it's absolutely possible that he contributes in 2020. He's a must-have in dynasty formats.

Source: Dennis Lin on Twitter                Jul 9, 2019, 2:35 PM ET

And yes, Dennis Lin, he is a must have in dynasty formats and I have him, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as he does what is expected of him in AA, I can see him being called up at some point next season.  Even in a keeper league, which obviously keeps less than a dynasty league likely would, I can see stashing him and keeping him for next year if you have a pitching need and a spot in your keepers for next season.  Obviously pitching against LA and in Coors are two rough assignments each season, he's too good for any of that to matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

As long as he does what is expected of him in AA, I can see him being called up at some point next season.  Even in a keeper league, which obviously keeps less than a dynasty league likely would, I can see stashing him and keeping him for next year if you have a pitching need and a spot in your keepers for next season.  Obviously pitching against LA and in Coors are two rough assignments each season, he's too good for any of that to matter.

Well, San Diego wasn't shy about promoting Tatis early.  Hopefully they'll give Gore the same treatment.  As you mentioned, if he continues to put up video game numbers in AA he should be up next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, the expectation amongst Padre diehards is for Gore to be in the rotation out of ST next year.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 1:53 PM, tommyGunZ said:

FWIW, the expectation amongst Padre diehards is for Gore to be in the rotation out of ST next year.  

this absolutely, if hes one of the 5 best in ST hes there, Padres proved it with Tatis and Paddack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty solid AA debut. 

5.1 IP, 0ER, 2H, 1BB, 1HBP, 4K

left the game w 1 out and runners on 1st (walk) and 2nd (hit by pitch). Michel Baez came in for relief and got him out of the jam.

Gore was at 93 pitches (57 strikes), and I would have like to see him go against one more batter to see him pitch thru some trouble with two men on. 

He is also lining up for the win as Amarillo is up 7-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 4 K's?  Boring, moving on to the next hot thing in prospects...

 

 

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...