theSPANKER

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

Anyone why Brate has a great start last year but after 7 games he ranked? Was it because QB switched from Winston to Fitz?

Brate he is a sneaky stash during the Sun PM games (drop a bench guy and pick him since he will be FA and not locked )

2 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Anyone why Brate has a great start last year but after 7 games he ranked? Was it because QB switched from Winston to Fitz?

Brate he is a sneaky stash during the Sun PM games (drop a bench guy and pick him since he will be FA and not locked )

Because it was a different QB, but also because cream rises to the top. Juice is better than Brate. He was showing late last year he could be a TE1 and is also a damn good blocker. They only kept Brate because they like to run two TE sets and Brate is still an offensive threat. Once Juice returns expect Brate to go back to nothingness. Winston used to target Brate but I think that may start to change. We will see though.

11 hours ago, maxim730 said:

I agree. Given his past with Winston, I think he’s a great flier. I would expect him to play second fiddle to Howard once he’s healthy; but given the sad state of TE this year, I think he’s a quality wait and see. He’ll be in my lineup next week if Howard is out.

I really got burned by McDonald last week...was thinking of dropping one of my bench players for Brate tonight to plug him in next week. 

Howard expected to be out another 2 weeks or so but it's difficult to decide who would be better between the two rest of the season. 

Brate has averaged 3.4/42.3/.5 TDs a game for 10.7 FPG with Winston over the past two seasons. The two connected for 14 TDs in that span. Without Famous Jameis, my dude has only averaged 1.2/12.4/.2 TDs for 3.6 FPG this season. 

Plug him in as a borderline TE1. Even when OJ Howard comes back, I still think he will still get targets + red zone looks. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Brate has averaged 3.4/42.3/.5 TDs a game for 10.7 FPG with Winston over the past two seasons. The two connected for 14 TDs in that span. Without Famous Jameis, my dude has only averaged 1.2/12.4/.2 TDs for 3.6 FPG this season. 

Plug him in as a borderline TE1. Even when OJ Howard comes back, I still think he will still get targets + red zone looks. 

All I’m asking for is a minimum 10 point game in week 9. He doesn’t have to do much any other time as long as my number one TE is healthy. I will even cut him shortly after that week 9 game. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, FitzMagic said:

Because it was a different QB, but also because cream rises to the top. Juice is better than Brate. He was showing late last year he could be a TE1 and is also a damn good blocker. They only kept Brate because they like to run two TE sets and Brate is still an offensive threat. Once Juice returns expect Brate to go back to nothingness. Winston used to target Brate but I think that may start to change. We will see though.

Then they went ahead and re-signed Brate for 6 years 41 million. They obviously are invested in Brate being a big part of their offense. Both TE's will be useful for fantasy in this offense.

Edited by Deadpool

Is Brate a sneaky play this week?

Expecting a high scoring game in Atlanta, Howard is out.  Winston - Brate connection.   

2 minutes ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Is Brate a sneaky play this week?

Expecting a high scoring game in Atlanta, Howard is out.  Winston - Brate connection.   

Brate is good until OJ gets back. After that I don't know. For this game, I'd probably say it is a safe bet to play him.

OJ got another limited session in today.

How are we feeling about Brate if OJ does indeed go?

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I am going to drop him and roll with Reed if Howard plays. I mean it is a good matchup so you could certainly justify playing him depending on your options. I assume he will get relegated to like 4ish targets tho if Howard plays.

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I would still start Brate.  Atlanta is missing both of its starting safeties so both tight ends should do well if both play.

14 minutes ago, smeeze said:

rapport with winston

oj not at 100% and may be on snap-count

ideal matchup

no running game

next week vs cleveland may not get the green light, but this week it's full steam ahead ---- who else can you look for in this TE wasteland

3Mjw.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Would you stash OJ Howard also if he's available on waivers for next week?

Largely depends on your roster and who else is on the WW, but in the most general sense I would say yes.

36 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

rapport with winston

oj not at 100% and may be on snap-count

ideal matchup

no running game

next week vs cleveland may not get the green light, but this week it's full steam ahead ---- who else can you look for in this TE wasteland

3Mjw.gif

I just dropped Brate for Austin Hooper...

I have Graham and had been stashing Brate for Graham's bye week but Howard's (early) return could render Brate somewhat obsolete. 

• Like 1

Just now, FF4life said:

F' me.. i dropped Hooper to pick up another WR.... ugh... 

3 minutes ago, Cord said:

I have Graham and had been stashing Brate for Graham's bye week but Howard's (early) return could render Brate somewhat obsolete. 

this was exactly my thought when I dropped Brate for Hooper. The return of Howard.

1 minute ago, FF4life said:

this was exactly my thought when I dropped Brate for Hooper. The return of Howard.

Winston still prefers Brate. They're buds. 

1 minute ago, Sack Exchange said:

the whack-a-mole strategy seems apropos for TEs

AlertTheseGentoopenguin-size_restricted.

This gif perfectly encapsulates my season at TE so far.

Week 3 - Engram: 1.9 pts

Week 4 - Goedert: 1.3 pts

Week 5 - Seals-Jones: 0.0

Week 6 - Brate: ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yeah if OJ plays I don't think I can start Brate. Unless some report comes out that says OJ will be on a snap count, I just can't risk it. Just because he is practicing doesn't mean he plays, we should get a better idea of his status by Sunday morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cord said:

That's exactly what I was doing.....

7 hours ago, FF4life said:

That's kinda ironic because I just dropped Hooper for Brate myself, albeit in a league where TDs account for most of the scoring. In a standard league I think I would've done the same thing as you with the OJ Howard news