theSPANKER

Cameron Brate 2018 Outlook

This is actually a really good match up for Brate unlike last week. So probably assume he puts up a dud. Major issue is the Ravens clock control and whether Winston can even move the ball in Baltimore.

23 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Never listen to experts. I listened to experts that said play the Steelers D. I should have gone with my gut and taken the Giants.

Yep. They are as risk-averse as they come, because most of the "safe" rankings seem to pan out, leading them to boost their "accuracy scores." Uncertain players that receive really high ranks are incredible for an expert's credibility, but the payoff isn't that great if those calls go wrong. And they don't always go right. You just have to analyze for yourself and make decisions instead of just blindly following Silva and Rotopat. 

You have to start Brate, he will catch a TD almost every week. That being said, I really hate this matchup for the Bucs...I'll be shocked if they even put up 17 pts. 

What are the chances he can get us some points this week?  It's funny because I dropped Burton for Brate a few weeks ago and Brate has outplayed him up until last week.   I didn't really need Brate the last several weeks because I already had 1st place locked up and a bye.  Then last week in the semis when I needed Brate to do something, he does nothing and Burton catches a TD.  As fate would have it, the guy who scooped Burton up is the guy I am playing for the championship.  

3 hours ago, chief79 said:

What are the chances he can get us some points this week?  It's funny because I dropped Burton for Brate a few weeks ago and Brate has outplayed him up until last week.   I didn't really need Brate the last several weeks because I already had 1st place locked up and a bye.  Then last week in the semis when I needed Brate to do something, he does nothing and Burton catches a TD.  As fate would have it, the guy who scooped Burton up is the guy I am playing for the championship.  

Well the good news is that you're not going to lose the championship because of TE play. 

Would suck if you had Brate/Burton and your opponent had kittle/kelce/ebron/ertz....(although mostly Kittle/Kelce lately).

Can't imagine more than 5 separating these dudes.  Brate is ONLY good for a TD. Even when he gets one, he's still relatively low scoring in the realm of TE's. 

I'm likely starting him and just praying for a TD. There are only about 5 consistently high receptions TEs. After that it's sincerely a crap shoot. But the matchup isn't great. I think Winston is going to get roasted

Well, this guy really stunk in the semi's and finals.  Luckily, every single top 10 TE stunk in the semi's and finals (except Ertz in the finals), so there was no disadvantage having him in my lineup.  

• Like 1

This guy almost doesn't even deserve to have his own thread.  I'll sign up for O.J. Howard again though depending on the QB/coaching situation.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

You have to start Brate, he will catch a TD almost every week.

...for sufficiently low values of "almost every week".

Games

Receiving

Year

Tm

Pos

No.

G

GS

Tgt

Rec

Yds

Y/R

TD

Lng

R/G

Y/G

Ctch%

TAM

te

100.0%

TAM

te

76.7%

TAM

TE

70.4%

TAM

te

62.3%

TAM

te

62.2%

Career

[insert joke here how 6 is almost the same as 15  ;) ]

like i said months back, not even close to howard by any metric. don't care how much jameis "loves" him