Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

9 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

One of Prosise/McKissic will be the third down back, likely soon. Carson was in his big game cause they literally had no one else. I agree he'll likely be the GL guy, but with them being bad I could see a lot of game scripts where he's limited to 10-12 carries and doesn't even see a GL attempt. I wouldn't drop him in a deep 12/14 teamer obviously. But a 10-teamer? Certainly possible. For instance, Foreman is coming back, he's on most waivers. He has a much clearer path to not only volume, but production due to being on a far more explosive offense. All things considered Carson has both a low ceiling and low floor. 

I've seen a lot on these forums, but man you really hate Carson and are reaching every which way to put him down. In 3 games this season, Prosise has all 3 targets, all of which were in 1 game. In 3 games, Carson has 7. Moreover, we all know Carson won't play every single down and corral 6+ targets in addition to a lion's share of the running attempts, but it certainly doesn't look like Prosise is any sort of threat to dominate 3rd down plays/targets in the receiving game. If Carson can nab 2 catches a game plus a good chunk of the carries, he is in a solid spot. As someone who was drafted in the 9thish round, you could do a lot worse. 

What do you mean they had no one else week 3? They had Carson, Penny, and Davis. What you're saying here is just objectively, factually wrong. We get it, you are very down on Carson, but coming in here and spewing nonsense like this is only going to get you more and more (deserved) confused and laughing reactions on your comments.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Carson was in his big game cause they literally had no one else.

Yeah no one else besides the 1st rd rookie they drafted who was 100% fresh and Mike Davis who they didn’t even think was good enough to be active.

I sold Carson for fair value due to overabundance of RBs but ignoring that he just had 34 touches and claiming he’ll be mostly a goal line back is absurd.

44 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

I've seen a lot on these forums, but man you really hate Carson and are reaching every which way to put him down. In 3 games this season, Prosise has all 3 targets, all of which were in 1 game. In 3 games, Carson has 7. Moreover, we all know Carson won't play every single down and corral 6+ targets in addition to a lion's share of the running attempts, but it certainly doesn't look like Prosise is any sort of threat to dominate 3rd down plays/targets in the receiving game. If Carson can nab 2 catches a game plus a good chunk of the carries, he is in a solid spot. As someone who was drafted in the 9thish round, you could do a lot worse. 

What do you mean they had no one else week 3? They had Carson, Penny, and Davis. What you're saying here is just objectively, factually wrong. We get it, you are very down on Carson, but coming in here and spewing nonsense like this is only going to get you more and more (deserved) confused and laughing reactions on your comments.

I own Carson so I really hope you're right, but there's little that's encouraging here. He has competition, he's extremely injury probe, and the offense is bad. And even though Penny has been God awful my guess is they still try everything they can to get him involved. I mean he'll, going back to the injury concerns, the guy plays ONE game with a full workload (where he averaged 3YPC) and he couldn't even suit up the following week. 

35 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Yeah no one else besides the 1st rd rookie they drafted who was 100% fresh and Mike Davis who they didn’t even think was good enough to be active.

I sold Carson for fair value due to overabundance of RBs but ignoring that he just had 34 touches and claiming he’ll be mostly a goal line back is absurd.

I think that was a statement to Penny to get in shape and get his act together. I'm not ignoring the 34 touches at all, but they resulted in 3YPC and a DNP the following week. That just doesn't encourage me as an owner. Out of curiosity, what did you get for Carson? 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

I think that was a statement to Penny to get in shape and get his act together. I'm not ignoring the 34 touches at all, but they resulted in 3YPC and a DNP the following week. That just doesn't encourage me as an owner. 

This backfield s a fantasy clusterfrack.  5 weeks in and not a single rb in this backfield has paid any dividends for their roster slots.

Maybe by week 9 there will be a semblance of predicatable roles and usage with this backfield

• Like 1

Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

I think that was a statement to Penny to get in shape and get his act together. I'm not ignoring the 34 touches at all, but they resulted in 3YPC and a DNP the following week. That just doesn't encourage me as an owner. 

Probably 10ish of those carries were at the end of the game to salt away the clock. Just watch the highlights or something because clearly you don't watch the games, Carson looked very good against Dallas. The whole team, including the HC and OC, was sucking his dick after he carried them to a win. 

2 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Probably 10ish of those carries were at the end of the game to salt away the clock. Just watch the highlights or something because clearly you don't watch the games, Carson looked very good against Dallas. The whole team, including the HC and OC, was sucking his dick after he carried them to a win. 

and what were they doing for Mike Davis after he carried them to a win too?

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I think that was a statement to Penny to get in shape and get his act together. I'm not ignoring the 34 touches at all, but they resulted in 3YPC and a DNP the following week. That just doesn't encourage me as an owner. Out of curiosity, what did you get for Carson? 

Possibly, I think he’s just not on track at all, idk. I got out of the situation to avoid this stuff but it looks to me still that Carson has the first crack.

I got Jared cook out of him for a guy loaded at TE. I probably made out well but seems to be the general value with how bad the RB situation has been

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

and what were they doing for Mike Davis after he carried them to a win too?

And? The dude is talking about Carson's 3 ypc to try and act like he didn't play well in the Dallas game. If he watched the game or paid attention to what people said after the game, he would know that the ypc is not indicative of how well Carson played.

12 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

And? The dude is talking about Carson's 3 ypc to try and act like he didn't play well in the Dallas game. If he watched the game or paid attention to what people said after the game, he would know that the ypc is not indicative of how well Carson played.

well u were so graphic in your description as to what the team did for carson after the win I was curious as to what the team did for Davis :lol:

If he’s healthy it’s going to be hard to not have him in my lineup moving forward. 

Yeah yeah he he didn’t get the touchdown but this dude is seriously good. Should eventually separate himself from the rabble if he can stay on the field.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Digitalpower35 said:

The fact that he still carried the work load and played very well against the tough Rams D we all should be happy. He will earn my flex spot next week for sure

Rams D is awful, especially against the run. Seahawks looked good running today though. And OL has been playing better lately. Seahawks offense picking up after a slow start.

I'm not sure Carson lasts the season. He will definitely miss more games. As will Mike Davis probably.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, devaster said:

Rams D is awful, especially against the run. Seahawks looked good running today though. And OL has been playing better lately. Seahawks offense picking up after a slow start.

I'm not sure Carson lasts the season. He will definitely miss more games. As will Mike Davis probably.

Rams D is awful yet they shut down the Vikings run game.

and up to date, people has been saying the Seahawks run game (including the line) is the worst in the league.

Also, didn’t they shut down DJ?

• Like 2

Looked really good today but I can see why he gets injured. He runs violently and doesn't ever shy away from contact. Definitely going to see what I can get for him, aiming for a WR2.

11 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

and up to date, people has been saying the Seahawks run game (including the line) is the worst in the league.

The dude will never have anything good to say about Carson. Carson two 100+ yard games in a row and it's still somebody else's backfield and that he's some worthless JAG. The moment Penny gets his first career TD Carson might as well retire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Not hard to shut down something that doesn’t exist. 

I dint know anything about the rams, but I’m speaking as a Vikings fan. Don’t want to draw conclusions from shutting them out.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:12 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

One of Prosise/McKissic will be the third down back, likely soon. Carson was in his big game cause they literally had no one else. I agree he'll likely be the GL guy, but with them being bad I could see a lot of game scripts where he's limited to 10-12 carries and doesn't even see a GL attempt. I wouldn't drop him in a deep 12/14 teamer obviously. But a 10-teamer? Certainly possible. For instance, Foreman is coming back, he's on most waivers. He has a much clearer path to not only volume, but production due to being on a far more explosive offense. All things considered Carson has both a low ceiling and low floor. 

Pretty low floor and ceiling. Milestone hit by Carson today best game by a seahawks RB since 2015. Definitely a drop. Lol. 

1 minute ago, crizza0309 said:

I might have to start him next week. Still think hes a sketchy start. Don't trust pete at all.

Pete only started changing RB rotations when his RBs stopped producing. When he had lynch he was the the guy. Rawls was the guy at one point. Carson is doing his job. He will lose some touches to Davis but its how it is with most of the league now. Nothing to really be worried about moving forward. He's at the very minimum a flex play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

At this point carson can be viewed as low end RB2 ;)

Yup. I would agree, it's not going to be pretty some weeks but it looks like the volume is going to lead to an rb20-25 type finish.