Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

13 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I watched that whole game and I watch football in general. For people that just check the box score it looked mediocre at best. However he had so many solid runs that got called back. He had a nice 20 yards gain alone that I remember where he just trucked over linebackers getting called back. A TD called back. It was a hard game to watch. But I liked what I saw. Got to look at more than a box score sometimes. Guy is the real deal. His health is my only concern. Even 1 missed game could put him back.

amen

2 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

Conclusion:

Carson will continue to get around 20 touches per game, except in very odd game scripts (like going up by almost 30 points).

or down 30 points

d84ffffc9e97d30c5e8cf2390c03630d-origina

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I hate to call people out. But this is just a stupid statement. He's not in a full on committee. A Jones and R Jones are in a committee. Clement is in a committee etc. Carson is the lead back thats giving up more touches than most would like. Its not a full on committee. But it is something of concern. To say he's unstartable its a ridiculous statement at this point. You bringing up PPR. Of course JAGS are more relevant. Go start Buck Allen. He may score more in full blown PPR. In standard where only yards and TDs count Carson is a RB2.

I would definitely not drop him in standard, agreed. He has significantly more value in that format. But I think it's fair to say most leagues these days are either half or full PPR, so that's what I was referring to. I realize he's been productive a time or two this year, but he's injury prone, Davis, who no offense to him is probably a level below a JAG, is eating into his workload, and they have a first round pick who is gonna get every opportunity on earth to do the same. At the end of the day, we've gotten 350 yards, 6 catches, and 1 touchdown from him this year. We can "what if" and speculate all day long, but in terms of production, it just hasn't been there.

14 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I would definitely not drop him in standard, agreed. He has significantly more value in that format. But I think it's fair to say most leagues these days are either half or full PPR, so that's what I was referring to. I realize he's been productive a time or two this year, but he's injury prone, Davis, who no offense to him is probably a level below a JAG, is eating into his workload, and they have a first round pick who is gonna get every opportunity on earth to do the same. At the end of the day, we've gotten 350 yards, 6 catches, and 1 touchdown from him this year. We can "what if" and speculate all day long, but in terms of production, it just hasn't been there.

Lol @ "productive a time or two" - he's only played 5 games, the first 2 the offense and play calling was a complete mess, and the last three he's averaged 92 yards a game (and that's not playing the 4th qtr of a blowout last game).  That's a season pace of over 1400 rushing yards for anyone that's counting.  

And I don't get why people keep saying Penny is going to get all these opportunities - he only gets touches when there are no other options, or the game is a complete blowout.  Week 3 he had 3 touches.  Week 4 Carson was out and he still only got 9 touches and they chose to run that "level below a JAG" Davis 25 times (does that make Penny two levels below a JAG??).  Week 5 Penny was active and got 0 touches.  Zero.  Week 6 he had 3 touches in the first 3 quarters, and then 8 in the 4th quarter after going up by 30 points, while Carson and Davis drank Gatorade on the bench.  Penny is a distant third in this backfield.

I hate to say it, but the whole point of fantasy football is "what if" and speculate.  Because if it was as easy as saying Carson only has 350 yards and it's Week 8, and you know that's what he'll continue to produce like, then there would be no point in playing.  But we know it's not that easy, and "speculating" or digging deeper into the surface numbers is how you predict what is going to happen.

• Like 1

People with their Penny Projections are looking at a box score and spewing  nonsense. Carson is the clear lead RB and MD is next then Penny. When and if the Hawks are out of contention then Penny might get some run but I doubt it will amount to much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

Clear as mud...

Levitan typed it out just how it should be:

1 - Carson

2 - Davis

3 - Penny

4 - Prosise

Enjoy the ride.

2 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Clear as mud...

that's actually worse news for Penny, imo ... he gotta cut his teef on the third down gig, Prosise up in there monkeys the rook up toot sweet. 

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Levitan typed it out just how it should be:

1 - Carson

2 - Davis

3 - Penny

4 - Prosise

Enjoy the ride.

We know it should be but I don't trust Petey boy.

4 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

4 way committee with carson getting a 45 percent share with the others splitting the remaining 55 percent

lol

• Haha 1

Looked ridiculously good on every single carry. The man runs so hard, he absolutely trucked a defender on his way in to the endzone. 

• Like 2

Seahawks are winning games with a very productive run heavy scheme and Carson is the man. This is very good.

Edited by MJJ28

8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Dude is beasting. His job for the season at this rate no doubt.

Until next week. Carroll is nothing if not unpredictable with his backfield. Always a joy to see the hindsight crew crawl out of the woodwork after not speaking up for 2-3 weeks.

And don't bother jumping on me for this post since I haven't been saying anything about Carson losing his job.

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Until next week. Carroll is nothing if not unpredictable with his backfield. Always a joy to see the hindsight crew crawl out of the woodwork after not speaking up for 2-3 weeks.

And don't bother jumping on me for this post since I haven't been saying anything about Carson losing his job.

You were the no1 Penny pumper all preseason and early on. We know what you're all about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

There is no unpredictability here. Seahawks are winning games with a run heavy scheme on the back of Carson. He's not going anywhere.

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

You were the no1 Penny pumper all preseason and early on. We know what you're all about.

Really need to take a 2nd look at my posts. Owning Penny in dynasty is much different than owning him in redraft.

13 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

Looked ridiculously good on every single carry. The man runs so hard, he absolutely trucked a defender on his way in to the endzone. 

This.

Offensive line has improved it's play. They want to run and depend on Wilson and his legs less. This is not something that should not change anytime soon.

Edited by nonstopfan

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

Seems pretty predictable since week 3: Carson is the guy. Pretty easy to write off an absolute blowout against the Raiders during which he barely played the 2nd half. And he still had 14 carries that game. 

Just so you know, Penny was on special teams. He is a complete non factor. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I'd say low end RB1 if he gets targets, even 2 like today will do.

I watch every Seahawks game. I'd expect him to be between RB13-RB17 ROS in standard formats. Today was probably close to his ceiling, absent a situation where he breaks a long one or lucks into several goal-line carries, which is hard to predict (though the Seahawks take enough end zone shots that pass interference is always a possibility). But the Seahawks look like they're a good team again, and they should be in position to be establishing the run most games. The only ones I'd be concerned about are the 49er games if the Seahawks build a big lead and Davis/Penny get more carries, as was the case with Oakland.