Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

He cant play Detroit every week but Seattle is committed to running the ball and he is their guy. Stay healthy and we have an impact player here, both in fantasy and real life.

Definitely a strong step in the right direction. I do believe he carries at least some trade value now.  Though many owners are too out of the loop to recognize it.  Or maybe they just don't care.  You'd probably still have to package him up to get anything decent.  And in that case, he's better served as a backup.  All in all, very happy with Carson.  

1 minute ago, mikeflavaz said:

Definitely a strong step in the right direction. I do believe he carries at least some trade value now.  Though many owners are too out of the loop to recognize it.  Or maybe they just don't care.  You'd probably still have to package him up to get anything decent.  And in that case, he's better served as a backup.  All in all, very happy with Carson.  

True, but if you managed to pick him up for free nothing wrong with riding him until the wheels fall off.

Since his history shows his wheels might fall off haha I can imagine a trade being a good idea.

But as long as he's healthy I'm not worried about Davis or Penny. If you handcuff Davis, you have a legit combo there.

This sure looked like a committee to me lol. Anyway who would you guys handcuff him with if you had the option? As I said before him getting injured is the only thing that scares me. Would you guys rather have penny or davis? I think penny is still the handcuff here.

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

This sure looked like a committee to me lol. Anyway who would you guys handcuff him with if you had the option? As I said before him getting injured is the only thing that scares me. Would you guys rather have penny or davis? I think penny is still the handcuff here.

Davis is the immediate handcuff. Penny looks like he is recovering from injury again.

Just now, devaster said:

Davis is the immediate handcuff. Penny looks like he is recovering from injury again.

I didn't get to watch anything today been at work. What makes you say penny was recovering from an injury? I didn't see or hear anything. Basically Im thinking penny because if carson does go down I just think pete will almost be forced to play penny being a first round pick. Not saying penny will be successful but I think he would probably at least get the opportunity. Idk trying to figure this thing out because I think carson should be handcuffed if possible. Seattle is RUNNING the ball this year.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

I didn't get to watch anything today been at work. What makes you say penny was recovering from an injury? I didn't see or hear anything. Basically Im thinking penny because if carson does go down I just think pete will almost be forced to play penny being a first round pick. Not saying penny will be successful but I think he would probably at least get the opportunity. Idk trying to figure this thing out because I think carson should be handcuffed if possible. Seattle is RUNNING the ball this year.

Penny reportedly re-aggravated his finger injury during the week. And was hardly see during the game. But then again that could just be Carroll being Carroll.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Penny reportedly re-aggravated his finger injury during the week. And was hardly see during the game. But then again that could just be Carroll being Carroll.

Yeah Idk whats up with some of these coaches not just telling it how it is. Theres no one thats preparing a game plan for penny. But pete is pete. Just doesn't add up most of the time.

Edited by StevenSC400

Go watch the film of this game there’s about 25 yards that had zero business being yards.  Stuffed at line on one play, kept legs churning, line shoved him forward for 3 yards.  That’s an underrated part of football, the ability to fall forward vs being shoved back.  First carry of second half he went right and was stone walled and then just methodically snuck back left on a one cut for 7 yards.  Another play he carries A’Shawn Robinson on his back for yards.  A’Shawn Robinson is a 330 pound tackle.  Go watch a 3rd and 3 play where they run misdirection in second half, Duane Brown swing blocks around edge and dismantles the edge rusher on right side to seal edge.  

I told everyone at beginning of the season this line was going to be nasty and it’s steadily turning into one of the best run blocking lines in league.  A full season of a healthy Duane Brown is paying divideneds.  This guy is a f***** superstar on the edge if you take time to watch and see what he does.  This ground game will keep running over people.  It’s not just Detroit, it’s not just the Raiders, it’s they got the personnel and teacher in Mike Solari to get this thing going again.  Awesome to watch.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 4

Looked good today, he's fun to watch. Penny is a non issue, Davis is his change of pace (breather back). If Carson can stay healthy he should continue being productive every week.

Edited by Godeep

8 hours ago, devaster said:

8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I didn't get to watch anything today been at work. What makes you say penny was recovering from an injury? 

There is abolsutely no reason to suspect Penny's playing time was scaled back due to a finger issue. He was out on special teams and was the kick returner on the opening kick off - you wouldn't put a dude with a bum finger out there to catch kicks, certainly not the first one of the entire game.

Devaster and others just keep clinging on to Penny and try to put down Carson, which is becoming extremely hard to do at this point, so they have to seriously reach saying things like Penny was held back due to injury.

Anyway, here is Carson's highlights from this week. He runs so hard and is truly a joy to watch. Also for those who didn't watch, Carson got stuffed at the 1 yard line - could have easily been a 2 TD game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

There is abolsutely no reason to suspect Penny's playing time was scaled back due to a finger issue. He was out on special teams and was the kick returner on the opening kick off - you wouldn't put a dude with a bum finger out there to catch kicks, certainly not the first one of the entire game.

Devaster and others just keep clinging on to Penny and try to put down Carson, which is becoming extremely hard to do at this point, so they have to seriously reach saying things like Penny was held back due to injury.

Anyway, here is Carson's highlights from this week. He runs so hard and is truly a joy to watch. Also for those who didn't watch, Carson got stuffed at the 1 yard line - could have easily been a 2 TD game.

Penny turned into the most overhyped rookie RB coming into this season. Carson was always the lead back in this offense, and he looked fantastic last year. 

• Like 2

I watched the highlights and never realized how much of a patient runner he is an is excellent at waiting for a gap.

• Like 1

It's incredible how he almost always falls forward or trucks a defender taking another pair of yards.

10 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Davis is the clear handcuff here - don't over think it.  You don't need to look any further than Week 4 when Carson was out to see who the cuff was - Davis rushed it 21 times.  Davis is also the guy getting the other 35% of snaps while Penny watches from the bench.

The Penny lovers have been spouting the nonsense all year that "Pete has to play the 1st rounder", and it's just not true.  Seattle is 4-3 and playing for a playoff spot, and Pete will play whoever he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.  The most work Penny has had in several weeks was in the 4th quarter of a 30-point blowout.  He's nothing more than a dynasty stash right now.

I also can't believe people are still playing up the "never know what Petey boy will do" silliness.  This was the 5th straight week Seattle RB's have had at least 34 touches.  Every week, outside of Week 4 when Carson was hurt, Carson has led the backfield in touches, sitting around 60-65% depending on game flow, which for the mathematically-challenged is at least 20 touches a game.  Davis has clearly been the #2 RB every week.  Penny plays ST and rides the pine unless the game is way out of hand.  If anything, Pete's RB usage has been one of the most consistent across the league since Week 3.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Davis is the clear handcuff here - don't over think it.  You don't need to look any further than Week 4 when Carson was out to see who the cuff was - Davis rushed it 21 times.  Davis is also the guy getting the other 35% of snaps while Penny watches from the bench.

The Penny lovers have been spouting the nonsense all year that "Pete has to play the 1st rounder", and it's just not true.  Seattle is 4-3 and playing for a playoff spot, and Pete will play whoever he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.  The most work Penny has had in several weeks was in the 4th quarter of a 30-point blowout.  He's nothing more than a dynasty stash right now.

I also can't believe people are still playing up the "never know what Petey boy will do" silliness.  This was the 5th straight week Seattle RB's have had at least 34 touches.  Every week, outside of Week 4 when Carson was hurt, Carson has led the backfield in touches, sitting around 60-65% depending on game flow, which for the mathematically-challenged is at least 20 touches a game.  Davis has clearly been the #2 RB every week.  Penny plays ST and rides the pine unless the game is way out of hand.  If anything, Pete's RB usage has been one of the most consistent across the league since Week 3.  

The Seahawks back field shared stuff is built on a ton of misinformation.  Seahawks were one of few teams who rode a lone back for many years in a row with Lynch.  Once he left the reason everyone thinks Pete is a nightmare for backs is because they spent a high pick on everyone’s favorite darling Christine Michael.  And he was never unleashed in Seattle, or anywhere, because he just wasn’t that good.  Not sure what Pete was suppose to do the last few seasons that would of appeased fantasy owners?  They rode Rawls for a stretch after Lynch before he blew up his ankle.  After that the talent gap on Tom Cable lines was putrid, the RB talent was pedestrian so it really wasn’t a very fruitful fantasy situation.  Now that the Seahawks have a compotent offensive line again, and a back who’s producing they have been consistently riding him and will continue to do so at high usage rates.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Marked as questionable; I can't find any news, except the injury report says "hip":

https://www.seahawks.com/team/injury-report/

He looks plenty hip to me but I'm sure that's not what they meant.

856466858.jpg.0.jpg

Seriously, is this the same injury as before?

Its Thursday I'll worry if he sits out tomorrow  :(

Hip again, wow. Guy can't even stay healthy long enough for me to attempt to sell high.

• Like 1

Anyone handcuffing with Davis? It looks like this team wants to run the ball and Penny is almost out of the picture.

Edited by JuanSuarez
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

No practice report yet today?

Probably wont know until after 4pm east.