Mr2Saint

Chris Carson 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Perhaps because most people don’t preface their posts with: “hey guys, DFS question here” or “to all season long redrafters, what are your thoughts” 

No you're wrong. Come on dude you are reaching here for a bunch of nothing, most posters play in season long leagues, this is not a DFS driven site. You can read the posts and figure that out quickly. If people cared about  DFS then the posts will center around  weekly costs for the optimal lineup not waiver adds and drops or bench or flex.  Week 13  many guys seasons are over or their rosters are locked in for a playoff run, the low # of postings overall tell you that. The thread volume goes to new events that occur like ware being a waiver add.  The Carson ride is over for now let it go dude. :lol:

35 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No you're wrong. Come on dude you are reaching here for a bunch of nothing, most posters play in season long leagues, this is not a DFS driven site. You can read the posts and figure that out quickly. If people cared about  DFS then the posts will center around  weekly costs for the optimal lineup not waiver adds and drops or bench or flex.  Week 13  many guys seasons are over or their rosters are locked in for a playoff run, the low # of postings overall tell you that. The thread volume goes to new events that occur like ware being a waiver add.  The Carson ride is over for now let it go dude. :lol:

if being wrong means I'm spared going back and forth with you over worthless topics (yet again)...I'm good with it.  Congrats

• Thanks 1

Wake me up when there's something worth reading in this thread again.  Thankfully I didn't read much of it, but it surely seems like most of today's posts in this thread have been absolutely worthless today.  Seems like people are just comparing the size of their....

• Like 1

If and only if Penny is ruled out, he might have a great chance to go haywire . Too bad the game is Monday,  and I can't take that chance 

Edited by urban2014

Man, I was trying to trade for an RB2 all season (and ended up giving up Davante for Michel and Sanders...) - when I had one right in front of me all the time. BIG game, love this guy

On 12/11/2018 at 7:17 PM, Rickydragon said:

18-105-2.  Bring home the trophy Carson 

119/1, but also 6/29, so in .5 PPR that's even better. Yay :)

meh, I was going back and forth between him and Kittle in my flex all week long and I chose wrong. Can't really blame me. The taste of that 210 yard performance was still on my lips (no homo)

edit: so as to not have my post be entirely CSB.....he will make for an incredibly strong start in prime time next week!

anyone know what he briefly left the game for? Saw he got injured

Edited by Joe Odam

53 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

meh, I was going back and forth between him and Kittle in my flex all week long and I chose wrong. Can't really blame me. The taste of that 210 yard performance was still on my lips (no homo)

edit: so as to not have my post be entirely CSB.....he will make for an incredibly strong start in prime time next week!

anyone know what he briefly left the game for? Saw he got injured

Think he just got the wind knocked out of him. He came down hard, sorta rolled around for a second or two, then got up under his own power. 

• Thanks 1

what you guys predicting this week. his receptions a fluke? game script? penny maybe coming back and thus giving him such a huge work load last week. 

10 minutes ago, brosephd said:

what you guys predicting this week. his receptions a fluke? game script? penny maybe coming back and thus giving him such a huge work load last week. 

I'm playing Carson in my flex unless something significant changes. I also have Penny on the bench but think this is Carson's to run away with.

Thing is, nothing would surprise me with their coaching staff.  For now thought its all Carson.

The only concern with Carson is if KC gets way ahead and the Seahawks start throwing to try to catch up.  But with the way the season has gone for that team, they will probably try to run the ball no matter what the score.

Since they're in such a tight race for wild card, i think they'll play with urgency and make it close. 

50 minutes ago, brosephd said:

I don't think Penny plays this week. The receptions were definitely a bit of a fluke, and against the Chiefs I could see Davis getting more snaps, but Carson is still a locked in RB2. Seemed like Seattle fought this for weeks but the bottom line is the guy has been very good, and has surprisingly been able to remain healthy.

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The only concern with Carson is if KC gets way ahead and the Seahawks start throwing to try to catch up.  But with the way the season has gone for that team, they will probably try to run the ball no matter what the score.

Yep. They aren't good enough to exploit a defense in obvious passing down situations.

The game plan for Seattle will absolutely be power running long sustaining drives to keep KC on the sidelines.  Couple that with KC's poor run D and the recipe is there for a strong performance from Carson.  Only danger is poor game script early with turnovers and weird stuff happening, but that's really the case in any game.

5 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

The game plan for Seattle will absolutely be power running long sustaining drives to keep KC on the sidelines.  Couple that with KC's poor run D and the recipe is there for a strong performance from Carson.  Only danger is poor game script early with turnovers and weird stuff happening, but that's really the case in any game.

Niners beating them is an example of gameplans going wrong.  SEA can still get 100 yds rushing from Carson as well as unleashing Wilson who is the best weapon on the team. There should not be any reason why any  healthy SEA rb can't run for 100yds on KC, they havent stopped a rb since they played the bengals. Granted the def should be improved  with Berry back. Also the chiefs offense hasnt been as dominant after their loss to the Rams, defenses are figuring them out. 

Carson has broken down a couple times after receiving heavy workloads, which he has had the last two weeks.

• He's been outstanding all year when he's on the field. Even with Penny in the mix I think he's a lock-in RB2 this year and next year. Almost every backfield in the league is a committee of some sort, at least Seattle is one of the few teams that is obsessed with pounding the rock as much as possible. It looks like their offense can support two viable RBs, and Carson looks to be more of the pound-it-out goal line guy.

after watching this dude run the last couple weeks....I'll gladly ride or die with him in this matchup. If he breaks...he breaks

• Like 2