fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Benched in the Ship 

who would have thunk IT? 

It’s time to jump on the Elijah McGuire train. Choo Choo 

There's no way anyone can start this guy this week, right?

Aside from obvious choices, who are you guys starting over him this week? 

He’s on my bench too, starting Kamara, Cook and Lindsay and not having a second thought. Makes no sense he was benched the entire 2nd half minus 1 carry. Seems like they are tanking, not gonna get burned by that in the super bowl

1 hour ago, fakespike said:

He’s on my bench too, starting Kamara, Cook and Lindsay and not having a second thought. Makes no sense he was benched the entire 2nd half minus 1 carry. Seems like they are tanking, not gonna get burned by that in the super bowl

“Super Bowl”?

I think people around here like to refer to it as the “Ship”.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cbsholy said:

I currently have him benched for Ingram and Golloday (flex) 

Don’t love it.  

4 hours ago, cbsholy said:

LF is sitting in my flex right now, but I am waiting to see what happens with Spencer Ware.

I also have Kalen Ballage on my bench and I might consider him if Ware is out. :o

Desperate and starting with no confidence,   but with the way this season has gone I can totally see him going off this week.  

I feel i gotta start him in the flex, the game was so much crap last week and he still ended up with 60 yards in 1 half. At this point I'm waiting for any coach speak I can get, the fact he had some type of injury last week and now practiced fully could be a sign he wont get benched and will play the full thing

His situation is terrible, Kessler is not going to get any pressure off Fournette and the world know the RB is getting the ball almost every play. I’m planning on another terrible week and still might have to start him over White and Ware. Ugh

If fournette receives his normal workload it doesnt matter who is around him. He will do fine against MIA. Heck, in 1 half of football on 13 touches he at least put up 8 points in my league and washingtons front is pretty good. Only thing we have to worry about is him seeing less than 15 touches again...which is very real. I still havent been able to pull him out as B cooks is my only other flex option.

Edited by Zekepeak86

70 total yds the last 2 weeks, terrible QB play, awful offensive line, and on a team that has lost 9 out of its last 10 games only. 

Yuck.

I'm surprised to see who people are starting over him this week. I know he has been disappointing the past 2 weeks but Titans have a very strong run D and Redskins are above average. He did put together 3 20+ games in a row a few weeks ago in the same terrible offense. Miami's rush D isn't very good so I don't have an issue firing him up as my RB2 over Cohen, McGuire and Ballage. 

12 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I'm surprised to see who people are starting over him this week. I know he has been disappointing the past 2 weeks but Titans have a very strong run D and Redskins are above average. He did put together 3 20+ games in a row a few weeks ago in the same terrible offense. Miami's rush D isn't very good so I don't have an issue firing him up as my RB2 over Cohen, McGuire and Ballage. 

The people benching him aren't questioning the matchup or Fournette's ability. It's Fournette's availability, injury risk, benching risk, and general Jags tanking (or evaluating third string RB in a one possession game risk) that have people not willing to lose their season on something they could potentially see coming a mile away. I personally can't trust him this week, and if he goes off on my bench, well, it's not like I can hate him any more than I already do anyway.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I'm playing D. Williams over him in two leagues. Fournette can't be trusted (injuries, suspensions, ejections) nor can his coach (benching, lack of usage even if on the field) and his offense is awful with Kessler so few TD opportunities.

• Like 1

Starting him over McGuire - Don't know if I could take it if he goes off against Miami (like so many others have) and I have him on my bench.

I don't feel good about this at all - though.  Will probably change my mind 10 times between now and tomorrow's kickoff  :wacko:

News broke last weeks after the game about Larry's usage was going to not be there. He only touched the ball once in the second half.

Has anybody heard what is in play this week?

18 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

Starting him over McGuire - Don't know if I could take it if he goes off against Miami (like so many others have) and I have him on my bench.

I don't feel good about this at all - though.  Will probably change my mind 10 times between now and tomorrow's kickoff  :wacko:

I also have this problem. Who do I start

Larry or Elijah

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

News broke last weeks after the game about Larry's usage was going to not be there. He only touched the ball once in the second half.

Has anybody heard what is in play this week?

I also have this problem. Who do I start

Larry or Elijah

I don't think we are going to hear anything about his level of usage this week. Hopefully we do, but would you trust Marrone's word?

• Like 1

I think I have to sit him and start cooks. I can’t figure out or get any feeling on this game. That makes me nervous. What’s everyone else doin?

Edited by Zekepeak86

7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I think I have to sit him and start cooks. I can’t figure out or get any feeling on this game. That makes me nervous. What’s everyone else doin?

Im starting him. Saw the interview he was talking about last week’s game that they lost, coaching staff wanting to give opportunities to other dudes. Maybe staff sees they need to ride Leonard vs Miami def. You dance with the girl you brought to the big dance. Been hoping for his blow up, maybe it’s today 

I’m rolling with Elijah - can’t believe it’s come to this, but if his usage isn’t there at all and he gets like 3-4 pts I’ll have a bad time. 

I know it’s a good matchup but with such a low floor, I’m gunna look elsewhere with Fournette being an unknown. They have no reason to run him hard today, the jags are hot trash. 

Potentials there for a blowup game which, knowing how FF works, he’ll have since I’m benching him.