fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Hammies can linger all season if a player comes back too early. And they tend to take a while to get over. It is really a dreadful injury for a RB.

Agreed. This is gonna be a hassle for a few weeks until he’s declared 100% over it. Apparently wasn’t considered a bad pull, though. Maybe just tightened up & they were being cautious. Not expecting him to play week 2, & kinda hope he doesn’t to get right

Can't wait to start him next week, only to watch the hammy flare up after one quarter and then he is benched the rest of the game

• Like 2

If this man stays healthy, no reason for him not to be a high-end RB1. He looked legit before hamstring injury. Should be good to go next week.

I'm glad it doesn't seem like anything serious but hammy's are real tricky injuries to heal. He is too good to not start though and I can't see me getting enough value back to feel comfortable with. I didn't draft Yeldon since I expected him to last at least through week 1 allowing me to take a late round flier instead. Now I'll have to fight over him on waivers. I'm surprised Grant only saw 1 carry. 

Such a bummer since he was looking fantastic and in line for a huge game that it gave me hope that taking him at 5th overall was justified (over Barkley bc of his hammy issues), and then his hammy goes ??‍♂️.  Sit him for a week or two to get right so that he can beast the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

If this man stays healthy, no reason for him not to be a high-end RB1. He looked legit before hamstring injury. Should be good to go next week.

I hate to break it to you, but hamstrings are not a one week injury.  If this is a grade two or higher, could be minimum 4 weeks and possibly all year.

Shame on me for not picking up Yeldon sooner.  Now I have to pay up the wahoo in FAAB money. 

I am staying positive.  Leo said he could have gone back out.

5 hours ago, TTo34 said:

I hate to break it to you, but hamstrings are not a one week injury.  If this is a grade two or higher, could be minimum 4 weeks and possibly all year.

All year?  Maybe for a 35 year old weekend warrior, not for a 23 year old world class athlete with the best round the clock medical attention in the world.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

All year?  Maybe for a 35 year old weekend warrior, not for a 23 year old world class athlete with the best round the clock medical attention in the world.

It depends on the grade:

Grade 1: Muscle strain (sports world uses terms like "tightness", etc.) - this would probably be a week

Grade 2: Partial muscle tear (imagine if someone took a knife to the back of your thigh and opened a small wound; there's actually a gap in your muscle) - this would be like 4-6 weeks

Grade 3: Complete muscle tear (imagine if your hamstring was torn in half) - this would require surgery and would be a year

Edit - Just to add, I'm not a doctor so I couldn't tell you any more than that.  I have suffered hamstring injuries though and I know that your hamstring will never be the same again after.  Your body will build scar tissue to replace the gaps in your muscle, and that scar tissue is always susceptible to tearing much easier than you muscle ever was.  This is why you always see athletes that rush back from hamstrings always re-injuring themselves.

Edited by TTo34

11 hours ago, eoschris said:

guess you guys better pick up Yeldon and stop dicking around picking up other people's handcuffs.

But Yeldon isn't good?

I mean, pick him up if you need a week 2 starter but he's not a RB1.

Quote from Doug Marrone:

“I don’t know,” Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone said after the 20-15 win on Sunday. “They said it was in a good part, which I don’t know if there’s any good part of those things. It’s something that he felt like, when I talked to him, he’s had it before, he knows how to treat it. That makes things pretty optimistic, which normally I’m not that optimistic.”

Source: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/9/10/17840710/leonard-fournette-injury-jacksonville-jaguars

So basically, the optimism is in the fact that Leonard has dealt with this type of injury before, and is familiar with it.  But the bad news is, he's had this injury in the same hamstring before.  Thus what I said earlier - once an athlete has a hamstring issue, it's really never the same again.

11 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

Does the absence of Fournette make Yeldon an RB1 or an RB2?

Mid RB2 based on usage, offensive style and the fact that he belongs in the NFL talent wise. He’s average.

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Mid RB2 based on usage, offensive style and the fact that he belongs in the NFL talent wise. He’s average.

He's a little above average if you ask me. I would say upper RB2 range.

56 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Except Fournette will not get/stay in shape. He refuses to stretch or drink water 

Fantasywise a injury lika a harmstring is the worst type of injury. With a season ending ACL you know it's over, you know the value of the handcuff and everyone can move on.

With this type of injury you can't really trust him until he played a few games without incident and also you can't really sell Yeldon.

The Fournette owner is in my division and I'm holding Yeldon. This could have been a fun time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Except Fournette will not get/stay in shape. He refuses to stretch or drink water 

lol is this true or are you just saying s---? he weighed 240 at the combine cause of water weight, i'd assume he loves water

2 minutes ago, yeah!magnets! said:

lol is this true or are you just saying s---? he weighed 240 at the combine cause of water weight, i'd assume he loves water

That was all junk food...I don’t know dude. Someone said he was a world class athlete and my rebuttal is he is not since he was not prepared physically for the game. Tackled and hurt is one thing...weak hamstring from not stretching/hydration is 100% the fault of the player

28 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

Does the absence of Fournette make Yeldon an RB1 or an RB2?

RB2 in PPR for sure especially with match-ups against the Pats, Titans and Jets on tap.