fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

That was all junk food...I don’t know dude. Someone said he was a world class athlete and my rebuttal is he is not since he was not prepared physically for the game. Tackled and hurt is one thing...weak hamstring from not stretching/hydration is 100% the fault of the player

Is this just your personal opinion on why he has soft tissue injuries or does he actually have stretching and hydration issues? I'm curious cause that seems ridiculous but who knows lol

Just now, yeah!magnets! said:

Is this just your personal opinion on why he has soft tissue injuries or does he actually have stretching and hydration issues? I'm curious cause that seems ridiculous but who knows lol

I am speculating he has soft tissue injuries because he is soft. No excuses to pull your hammy when you play a sport that involves running unless your soft or lazy

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I am speculating he has soft tissue injuries because he is soft. No excuses to pull your hammy when you play a sport that involves running unless your soft or lazy

Are you like a doctor or stay at a holiday inn last night

Edited by shakestreet
  • Haha 1

This is really disappointing - he looked great prior to the injury. I think it's almost a certainty that his workload gets dialed back now, at least for the next 4 weeks, if he's even playing. 

I would prefer him out next week to be honest. 

Yeldon is what he shown yesterday...14 carries and 51 yards against a very weak giants d. He is an rb3/flex at best with lead back duties

6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Hamstring injuries are the most common injury in all of sports. In football it occurs about 176 times per year and average of 6 per team. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeldon is what he shown yesterday...14 carries and 51 yards against a very weak giants d. He is an rb3/flex at best with lead back duties

Yeldon 4.0 ypc career

Fournette 3.9 ypc career

Targets yesterday- Fournette- 3. Yeldon- 7. Jags never trailed.

The positive to all of this is that the Jaguars had the confidence in their defense and their offense to pull him - perhaps keeping it from being a worse injury.  I'm fine with him sitting a few weeks to ensure that everything is spot on for success. 

7 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

there were people and places who wanted to take this guy ahead of guys like Kamara and Gordon

:lol:

I took this pos over thomas and am now the laughing stock of these very forums

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

there were people and places who wanted to take this guy ahead of guys like Kamara and Gordon

there are 10+ team leagues where his backup is on waivers. I don't want to say I'm so smart and all, but isn't Fournette just a injury prone guy. That was the first handcuff I wanted, because of that.

I wanted Fournette in all 5 of my leagues, and missed out on him in all 5 of my leagues.

I'm already beginning to think that the Fantasy Football Gods did me a favor...

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Yeldon 4.0 ypc career

Fournette 3.9 ypc career

Targets yesterday- Fournette- 3. Yeldon- 7. Jags never trailed.

Fournette gets goalline carries...jags never made Yeldon the lead back because they know he sucks

Cant believe I wasted my first round pick on a soft, injury prone rb, he's going to be battling tiny injuries all year what a bummer. This will be my 3rd season in a row with a bust 1st rd pick 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

You can't predict injuries. Before he went out he was looking great. No regrets.

2 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

But Yeldon isn't good?

I mean, pick him up if you need a week 2 starter but he's not a RB1.

So you rather have waiver fodder vs the guy that will be replacing the back that you have (in the case that you have Fournette)

OK.

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

You can't predict injuries. Before he went out he was looking great. No regrets.

Except I, and others, did.

I still took him in auction. 

Not feeling great about it, but if I hadn't messed up the rest of my auction I wouldn't be feeling awful.

Everybody’s acting like he’s done.  He might play next week.  Relax.  Big games to come.  

Being a rookie last year, we didnt know if he had a fluke injury or was weak and soft. Now we know it is the latter hence the overreactions

1 hour ago, koreaonaboat said:

Alright, what're the odds he's back week 2?

Fournette said he could have returned, but the coaches kept him out as a precaution. Granted, Fournette isn’t a doctor, but just relaying what he said yesterday. 

I had Leonard last year... he put up some monster game but yea, hamstring injuries are the worst... they linger forever and you always have to be worried about it... that's a part that sucks for Fournette owners... Fournette seems very injury prone. 

Wow the hate here is crazy. RBs get injured all the time, DJ last year, heck the only reason Hunt was a first round pick this year is injury to Ware last year. Bell was injured one year, Hyde, Cook last year, Jamal Charles, Gore, was labeled injury prone way back when... RBs take a beatin and get injured, period end of story.

The hammy is concerning but Barkley just got over a hammy issue and looked good - he at least flashed the big play ability. I’m concerned and I’d sell for a reasonable price but when he comes back he’s the bell cow, and there just aren’t many of those around. 

• Like 2

The bottom line is, Fournette owners are stuck with him because no owner who knows what they're doing will give fair value back for him. Fournette owners shouldn't try to move him right now either because we still don't know much about the injury yet. A few weeks of rest and I think he'll be fine. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Keep your head above water a few weeks then reap the rewards when he's running around and scoring TDs. Don't make the mistake of trading him right now. The value isn't there and you'd be selling yourself short on something that might not be that big of a deal.

9 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

The bottom line is, Fournette owners are stuck with him because no owner who knows what they're doing will give fair value back for him. Fournette owners shouldn't try to move him right now either because we still don't know much about the injury yet. A few weeks of rest and I think he'll be fine. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Keep your head above water a few weeks then reap the rewards when he's running around and scoring TDs. Don't make the mistake of trading him right now. The value isn't there and you'd be selling yourself short on something that might not be that big of a deal.

Yes, trade him when he’s back to putting up multiple tds and 25 carries.  Lol

all of you need to take a deep breath and realize that nothing is decided in week 1.  LF is going to put up a big season.  Don’t be dumb enough to trade your first round pick because of a muscle strain.  

• Like 4