fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Team killer. Cost us owners possibly 2 games and a more productive player in the first round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

Team killer. Cost us owners possibly 2 games and a more productive player in the first round.

Ummm try 4 games.  Now looking at 0-4  with Fournette, OBJ and Baldwin 1st 3 picks

10 minutes ago, Jin said:

f---. This depresses me.

It's depressing but if you are 0-4 or 1-3 with this guy I'm not sure we can afford to take another few weeks off without him. Don't forget the Jags still need their bye. At this point, I think selling him for a RB2 is probably a safe deal. Now if you have a great record, he's a hold. If I can get a guy like the ones I mentioned, I think I'd take it.

Playing devils advocate here (don’t throw tomatoes at me), but is there any chance his hamstring really isn’t hurt and they pulled him out of an abundance of caution given the jets were never really in the game and they didn’t want to take any chances?

3 minutes ago, Bill_Buckner said:

Playing devils advocate here (don’t throw tomatoes at me), but is there any chance his hamstring really isn’t hurt and they pulled him out of an abundance of caution given the jets were never really in the game and they didn’t want to take any chances?

Sorry bruh, there is no chance. What makes things worse is that the team is clearly better without him, too. :(

Edited by MJJ28

He came back Week 4. So now he’ll be out a couple of more weeks at least. That will put him at about a Week 7 return. They have a bye Week 9, so they’ll probably keep him out until after the bye. No use bringing him back one game before the bye. If he comes back Week 10, I can’t feel good starting him until he plays two games straight. That’s about Week 12 around fantasy playoff time. So basically he may not make my lineup this season is what I’m trying to say. He’s already cost me one loss and today a valuable spot for Sony Michel. Having Fournette is like having a trophy on your mantel. It’s looks good, but has no real value. Luckily I may be 3-1 without him.

Edited by FitzMagic

Just now, FitzMagic said:

He came back Week 4. So now he’ll be out a couple of more weeks at least. That will put him at about a Week 7 return. They have a bye Week 9, so they’ll probably keep him out until after the bye. No use bringing him back one game before the bye. If he comes back Week 10, I can’t feel good starting him until he plays two games straight. That’s about Week 12 around fantasy playoff time. So basically he may not make my lineup this season is what I’m trying to say. He’s already cost me one loss and today a valuable spot for Sony Michel. Having Fournette is like having a trophy on your mantel. It’s looks good, but has no real value.

Agreed. Week 10 is when I expect him back, if not later if they are winning games.

7 minutes ago, Bill_Buckner said:

I could see them taking him out to be cautious since they were winning 16-0 at the time and the Jets looked completely inept. But I dont think they would fake the injury. He probably complained about tightness or whatever it was and they said okay, with the way this game is going there's no need to risk it further.

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

I could see them taking him out to be cautious since they were winning 16-0 at the time and the Jets looked completely inept. But I dont think they would fake the injury. He probably complained about tightness or whatever it was and they said okay, with the way this game is going there's no need to risk it further.

Yeah - that’s what I meant. I wasn’t saying they completely faked an injury, but moreso that he felt it was a little tight but nothing serious. Given they were up 2 scores at the half and the jets looked completely awful they knew there was no reason to push it. I wonder if they were playing the Titans in a close game if he would have been pulled. 

“Doug Marrone on Leonard Fournette concerns: ‘I’d be bullsh_____g if I said no’

How we all feel at this point.

He is still on the undroppable list in ESPN...this guy is basically out for the year.

I personally think he is faking to do a Leveon and stay healthy before he signs a big contract extension. Nobody could be this soft and weak

• Like 1

Drafting Fournette                                                         Current mood

Image result for happy sad meme

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, Ace_King said:

I don't know about your leagues but mine score Week 5 or Week 11 the same as Week 1. Aggregate production is what counts, not when it happened during the fantasy RS. Healthy weeks coming in Weeks 3-14 are scored the same as being healthy through Weeks 1-12. The nature and extent of the injury has to be factored in. This isn't a lingering injury like his ankle injury last year. This is, like the poster a few posts above you noted, a minor injury that goes away in 2-10 days

2-10 days huh?

Not a lingering injury is it?

What was that you were saying about healthy weeks 3-14? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

Ummm try 4 games.  Now looking at 0-4  with Fournette, OBJ and Baldwin 1st 3 picks

Try fournette, devonta freeman, keenan allen

Might as well have dropped it on red on the res.

Edited by snowbound

Why do nfl teams and players do this!!! Just rest until it is healed. Hamstrings are very prone to reinjury, the team has medical staff, I just don’t see how they can be so inept at managing injuries sometimes. 

I give in and I give up.  This turd will be back "healthy" just in time to fool you into starting him as he puts up a 8/35 and leaves in the second quarter.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He is still on the undroppable list in ESPN...this guy is basically out for the year.

I personally think he is faking to do a Leveon and stay healthy before he signs a big contract extension. Nobody could be this soft and weak

Uh.... will fuller?

40 minutes ago, cs3 said:

2-10 days huh?

Not a lingering injury is it?

What was that you were saying about healthy weeks 3-14? 

You make decisions based on available evidence. Good fantasy players get it right disproportionately. Fournette's injury hasn't affected me much (Conner, Gio, Yeldon, etc.). Sorry if you couldn't manage through it.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

So what do we trade him for. Got to think owners who are in a hole early will sell for anything. I'm in the position where I need to win now, may try to sell him to someone who is looking at playoffs. If I could get Sony Michel or Hyde for him I think I'd take it.

I was offered kupp, stills, Lynch, and Carson. I took Lynch bc I'm in a rb hole with this bum. Was dead set on taking Gordon until I read this thread lol

What to do now depends on your other RBs and your place in the standings. If you are in a hole and need RB production immediately then selling him for a solid RB2 on a team likely to  make the playoffs makes sense. Not sure if you can even get a RB like, say, Lynch for him at this point, though.

If you are doing well in the standings and/or have solid options (including Yeldon), at this point holding him is the best path in the hope that he gets healthy and produces down the stretch. His trade value is not going to be high now. The time to sell was going into this game when he was reportedly at, or nearing, being healthy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

You make decisions based on available evidence. Good fantasy players get it right disproportionately. Fournette's injury hasn't affected me much (Conner, Gio, Yeldon, etc.). Sorry if you couldn't manage through it.

Yes, and the available evidence was pretty obvious - this was going to be a lingering issue.

So what you're saying is, you were completely wrong about this injury and it was never reasonable to think it would be healed up in "2 - 10 days" like you so incessantly claimed. Instead it's already become a multi-week ordeal and is likely to affect Fournette all year.

• Like 1