fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

This guy is one big P———. Was a p——— in college and still is one. 

• Like 1

Say Fournette is available to play next week, do we dare even start him? 

To think Melvin Gordon went right before I took Fournette. On pick earlier and I am worlds better off. Just glad I have Yeldon to just plug in his place.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jin said:

I won't. I wouldn't roll him out unless you had no decent options. I would play basically any top 20 RB over him next week. He hasn't even shown he can make it to halftime at this point.

4 minutes ago, Jin said:

Depends on your options.  If you’re like me and your rb1 and rb2 are Fournette and Mixon you have no choice

Just now, lla887 said:

Depends on your options.  If you’re like me and your rb1 and rb2 are Fournette and Mixon you have no choice

I had Yeldon & Tate on my bench today. Almost threw my phone when looking at final scores.

I'll posit this: we have to approach Fournette the same way you would approach him if he were out for the season. He isn't but we have no idea when, or if, we can rely on him so owners should be making, or cementing, alternative plans. If you don't have Yeldon getting him is a must as a first order of business. Acquiring other RBs, both for ROS and short term (e.g., the next Gio type short term RB1) is imperative. 

Hopefully Fournette can produce sooner rather than later. He may come back next week and beast but he may not do anything for a month. You just can't bank on him for the foreseeable future.

There have been a rash of injuries to top RBs already but they have all been short term injuries (in theory). A season ending or long term injury to a top RB is inevitable. Fournette owners will have to be aggressive when that happens and there is a clear replacement (e.g., Ware for Hunt).

Edited by Ace_King

He's the biggest bust of the 1st round, regardless of where you got him. Would rather have Bell at this point bc at least you know he wouldnt be able to produce for you, and you can IR him in some leagues.  Fournette is an unreliable bum made of glass, plain and simple. Yeldon has looked great in the 2 games he took over for LF (weeks 1 and 4) and looked like a jag in the 2 starts he got without him.  Good luck figuring this backfield out going forward and who to trust.  

• Like 1

His day is painful paired with my dalvin cook. Combined 25 points by my first 2 picks on the season!  #winning 

• Like 3

Just now, GurleyMan said:

His day is painful paired with my dalvin cook. Combined 25 points by my first 2 picks on the season!  #winning 

Paired him with Jordan Howard, at least Cook was on a snap count bc of his health and game scripted out.  Don't know what Howard's excuse was (well I do, it's f'n Nagy's gimmick play calling). But I guess I outscored you by a whole 5 yards so ?

1 hour ago, 77georgec said:

Uh.... will fuller?

At least Will Fuller balls out when he's out there. Fournette is junk all around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GurleyMan said:

Not to be a one upper but..I followed those same two gems with Henry and J Gordon

#battleforlast

Member when Fournette was a generational RB talent that wouldn’t bust? Injuries suck man.

Just now, sSektor said:

Member when Fournette was a generational RB talent that wouldn’t bust? Injuries suck man.

and when he was gonna run behind that upgraded o-line with a game manager qb and a team built around the run?  Yeah good times, glad I drafted him 5th overall...

• Like 1

f--- this JAGoff.

This unfourentte pathetic of a player does not deserve to be on my team. 

Rant done.

Coming from a DJ, LF and Cook owner.

• Haha 1

Man I didn't even want this chump that much either, that's what really stings.  Knew our league was RB thirsty and he was the last of that tier left over.  Hindsight is always the clearest.

Jags homer here, actually a season ticket holder. I'll share my perspective.

Fournette is injury prone, we all know this by now. Jags wanted to be a run heavy offense last year, and I believe they still want to maintain that as their identity, the difference is the coaches are giving Bortles the chance to win the game through the air depending on the opponent(see Patriots game, week 2.)

This team is also very conservative with Fournette. They aren't afraid to lose him and are very much next man up. Yeldon will have good games, but the team will not rely heavily on him while he's out, most likely. So he may not be the best start depending on your options but he's better than nothing and a decent PPR option because he's a good pass catcher. Also keep in mind that Yeldon is dealing with an Ankle sprain, he looked awful today, but toughed it out because the only other active RB was Grant and he can't shoulder the load.

I wish I could tell you when you can safely start Fournette. I imagine next week will be a good week for him, but who knows. Hamstring injuries linger and the team isn't afraid to pull him. Personally I'd try and ship him out, but you probably wouldn't have a lot of luck without a few weeks of production from him, which gets your pretty close to the trade deadline at this point.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

I’m in the exact boat! Hang in there! 

surprised no one has posted what the coach said after the game:

Fournette ran 11 times for 30 yards before leaving the game for good. Marrone said he's worried about the relapse.

"I'd be (lying) if I said no," Marrone said. `Anytime you come back and you're ready to go and then all of a sudden you get injured again, it's not a good sign."

He could get rested for a couple of games...

Next week.. JAGS.@ KC!

Mahomes against the Jags D.. cannot wait! (then KC @ NE.. another great game!)

Edited by maxim730

1 hour ago, Inziladun said:

Jags homer here, actually a season ticket holder. I'll share my perspective.

Fournette is injury prone, we all know this by now. Jags wanted to be a run heavy offense last year, and I believe they still want to maintain that as their identity, the difference is the coaches are giving Bortles the chance to win the game through the air depending on the opponent(see Patriots game, week 2.)

This team is also very conservative with Fournette. They aren't afraid to lose him and are very much next man up. Yeldon will have good games, but the team will not rely heavily on him while he's out, most likely. So he may not be the best start depending on your options but he's better than nothing and a decent PPR option because he's a good pass catcher. Also keep in mind that Yeldon is dealing with an Ankle sprain, he looked awful today, but toughed it out because the only other active RB was Grant and he can't shoulder the load.

I wish I could tell you when you can safely start Fournette. I imagine next week will be a good week for him, but who knows. Hamstring injuries linger and the team isn't afraid to pull him. Personally I'd try and ship him out, but you probably wouldn't have a lot of luck without a few weeks of production from him, which gets your pretty close to the trade deadline at this point.

Well said except for the bold. There is literally no chance he plays next week. 3 weeks recovery wasn't enough and he is back to square one so I see him sitting out until after the bye (week 10). Best to just ignore the news on him for now since the Jags clearly aren't interested in truth telling.

Edited by MJJ28