fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

Hopefully you own Yeldon...Fournette will make one more start and instantly get hurt again before they IR him the rest of the season. He is a waste of a roster spot for the Jags right now

1 minute ago, Wynter12 said:

Who is everyone playing if fournette is out for weeks? 

Yeldon but I’m not excited about it. The guy plays better and gets more touches in games that Fournette exits than ones he starts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

yeldon

3 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

For now I have to play Michel until Mixon is ready to go, but I need to see Mixon in a full game first. I'm hoping only one week of Michel. Unfortunately, I don't have Yeldon. He got picked up weeks ago. I hype myself up sometimes just looking at Leonard Fournette on my roster. It's like having post-Detroit Grant Hill. You just imagine what could have been.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

For now I have to play Michel until Mixon is ready to go, but I need to see Mixon in a full game first. I'm hoping only one week of Michel. Unfortunately, I don't have Yeldon. He got picked up weeks ago. I hype myself up sometimes just looking at Leonard Fournette on my roster. It's like having post-Detroit Grant Hill. You just imagine what could have been.

Michel will only be a choice if I accept a trade. Not too happy having to depend on Lindsay without more sample size. Don't even know how consistent he will be. 

Blah. That was my fault for drafting someone I knew was injury prone. I was just hoping his health would hold up better. Feel bad for the guy at this point. 

Only have Fournette in one league though. And someone picked up Yeldon before I could because of waiver order smh. 

Edited by Wynter12

Chill with the "lost season" sky is falling stuff

Its a hammy, gonna be frustrating, im annoyed as well, but no reason to drop or trade (wont get anything anyway) just sit back, grab yeldon or find a RB replacement, and wait it out thats really all anyone can do, he can EASILY still be a STUD for any team later this season dont lose sight of that amongst all the negativity currently

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

michel is going to be an rb1.  i handcuffed fournette with yeldon, and i think he only gets in my lineup on bye weeks

15 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Yeldon but I’m not excited about it. The guy plays better and gets more touches in games that Fournette exits than ones he starts.

Haha this is the truth. It seems like if they know Fournette is likely to be out beforehand the gameplan shifts to make it the Blake Bortles show. It worked magnificently against the Pats but that is a dangerous game to play. 

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Its a hammy, gonna be frustrating, im annoyed as well, but no reason to drop or trade (wont get anything anyway) just sit back, grab yeldon or find a RB replacement, and wait it out thats really all anyone can do, he can EASILY still be a STUD for any team later this season dont lose sight of that amongst all the negativity currently

agreed... if they hold jim out until week 10, thats a nice time to get him back fresh

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Week 14 is playoffs. So, according to the first stint he needs a couple of weeks of rest. That puts him at Week 7 return. Since they have a bye in Week 9, I doubt he'd come back that early. Since he aggravated that same injury with a three week recovery time. So, that puts him at Week 10 return at best. So, let's say he makes it through Week 10 without incident and plays a full game. I'll have him for three regular season games, then for however long I'm in the playoffs. Very bad value for a guy I drafted in the 2nd Round. If I make the playoffs it will be because I won without him. Would someone actually feel confident inserting him in your lineup during a playoff game? The bad part is we can't even trade the guy because he has no value since he has hardly played. We can't even get one full game showcase.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

This is true but I think it is wise to plan for the worst. He simply cannot be relied on at this point so you need to start making sure you are confident in your other options and not playing the waiting game since your fantasy season can easily slip away. When he comes back he should be viewed as a luxury. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. I'd imagine Yeldon is already owned since Fournette has missed time already and RB is always thin on waivers so trades are likely the best route using any excess depth you may have elsewhere or downgrading at QB (it is crazy deep). Trading for Yeldon probably wouldn't be the craziest idea either since I'd imagine he'd be cheaper than a RB2 who is the starter and not just filling in due to injury. 

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Week 14 is playoffs. So, according to the first stint he needs a couple of weeks of rest. That puts him at Week 7 return. Since they have a bye in Week 9, I doubt he'd come back that early. Since he aggravated that same injury with a three week recovery time. So, that puts him at Week 10 return at best. So, let's say he makes it through Week 10 without incident and plays a full game. I'll have him for three regular season games, then for however long I'm in the playoffs. Very bad value for a guy I drafted in the 2nd Round. If I make the playoffs it will be because I won without him. Would someone actually feel confident inserting him in your lineup during a playoff game? The bad part is we can't even trade the guy because he has no value since he has hardly played. We can't even get one full game showcase.

well week 13 against colts i'd have no problem starting him if he had been resting  and is healthy.  week 15 is wsh and same, would have no issue playiing him there either

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

well week 13 against colts i'd have no problem starting him if he had been resting  and is healthy.  week 15 is wsh and same, would have no issue playiing him there either

The matchups aren't the problem. Finishing games is the problem. :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

The matchups aren't the problem. Finishing games is the problem. :unsure:

well if he is sitting for 8 weeks, i'm not going to have a problem putting him in there, he would be more than healed by then.  whether he is gets fatigued is a different discussion, but as far as injury i wouldn't have a concern of reinjuring a hammy after 8 weeks of rest and rehab

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

well if he is sitting for 8 weeks, i'm not going to have a problem putting him in there, he would be more than healed by then.  whether he is gets fatigued is a different discussion, but as far as injury i wouldn't have a concern of reinjuring a hammy after 8 weeks of rest and rehab

Yeah, that's why I wish they'd put him on IR at this point.

i saw that he is out for prolly 2 weeks. y am i seeing 8 weeks in here?

46 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Traded for him last week.  Feels like I just showed up to a really lame party.

Gonna have to assume that he's out until the game following their bye (week 10) and hope that he can do something useful down the stretch.  Maybe we get lucky and he gets right sooner than that, but I'd rather him sit on his a** for a month and heal.

Welcome to the s--- show.

Unfortunately we already have had the equivalent to him sitting on his a** for a month. Not much even the coach can do when the guy finally participates in a full practice, seems excited to be back, and then suffers a setback. 

Hoping for the best but this is already a bust of a pick regardless of what happens.

4 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Today I traded him for Jordan Howard, in case anyone is trying to gauge trade value.

Highway robbery, and Jordan is a Jag

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Just logic. He had 2 missed games and 3 total weeks of rest and that wasn’t enough. They didn’t report that the MRI showed improvement, just that it was “not any worse than the initial injury.” The bye week is week 9 and they are winning games. So if it hasn’t healed and 3 weeks is not enough, we are looking at 4-5 which takes us to the bye.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Where did you see 2 weeks? I’m seeing indefinitely. That sounds like more than 2 weeks

7 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I’m not expecting to see him in my lineup until week 10 when they come back from their bye, which REALLY p****s me off. Wasted auction money on probably the softest player east of Will Fuller ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Where did you see 2 weeks? I’m seeing indefinitely. That sounds like more than 2 weeks

sorry...the report i read wrong says hes out "ATLEAST 2 weeks."

i missed the Atleast word and just saw miss.2 weeks. duh 

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’m not expecting to see him in my lineup until week 10 when they come back from their bye, which REALLY p****s me off. Wasted auction money on probably the softest player east of Will Fuller ?

Agree this guy ain’t playing until after the bye. Just no way.