fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

22 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Who is everyone playing if fournette is out for weeks? 

Gordon, Conner, Lynch in one league and Ajayi and one of Collins or Yeldon depending on match ups (likely rolling with a WR in my flex with J. Brown and Enunwa behind OBJ and Jeffrey).  

Chill with the "lost season" sky is falling stuff

Its a hammy, gonna be frustrating, im annoyed as well, but no reason to drop or trade (wont get anything anyway) just sit back, grab yeldon or find a RB replacement, and wait it out thats really all anyone can do, he can EASILY still be a STUD for any team later this season dont lose sight of that amongst all the negativity currently

Agreed. It is frustrating, he won't return anywhere close to his draft cost but at this point we are stuck with it. Talking about how great it is that some people predicted his injury woes won't help you get points when we are all stuck with him at this point. The best course, generally speaking, is to proceed as if he will be out indefinitely but keeping him rostered because we drafted him for a reason. That upside may flash for only 6 or 8 or 10 games instead of 16 but that is still something we won't be able to find anywhere else. If you are desperate, whether in the standings or in terms of a lack of options, sell him for what you can get but at this point you would be lucky to get a RB2 for him. He probably is down in the RB3 range now as far as trade value goes given the uncertainty of how long he will be out.

Just now, Ace_King said:

If you are desperate, whether in the standings or in terms of a lack of options, sell him for what you can get but at this point you would be lucky to get a RB2 for him. He probably is down in the RB3 range now as far as trade value goes given the uncertainty of how long he will be out.

This is exactly right. You trade him for pennies on the dollar now & whoever gets him will reap the benefits of the guy you drafted in the first place. Work the WW & hold tight

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Anyone thinking of offering a straight up trade offer to Bell owners?

I have Conner and was offered Bell.

Twice.

I said no.

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

This is exactly right. You trade him for pennies on the dollar now & whoever gets him will reap the benefits of the guy you drafted in the first place. Work the WW & hold tight

Agree, I’m sure all the 4-0 teams are gonna come low ballin this week. I’d rather keep on my bench than help some 4-0 team

5 hours ago, Panthor said:

i'm expecting 3 weeks at a minimum at this point.  can't imagine they even let him see the field at this point until he is absolutely 100% recovered from the hammy

Wasn't he 100% to start the weekend? He had a full practice on Friday after a lengthy lay-off. Its not like they rushed him back.

Maybe he just has weak hamstrings?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Wasn't he 100% to start the weekend? He had a full practice on Friday after a lengthy lay-off. Its not like they rushed him back.

Maybe he just has weak hamstrings?

'no i don't believe he was 100%, it was still an issue but he was well enough to play.   they probably should have gave him one more week as he seemed to have improved from the week before.  but oh well.

and i don't believe he has a history of hamstring issues, so not sure where you get the "weak hamstrings" from.  i know he has had an ankle issue in the past but not a hamstring

I already have him on my team, but I would buy low if I didn't. I wouldn't except anything from him until week 10 after the bye week. He could just get hurt again, but if you can get him for peanuts, I would do it. Judging by how his owners are acting (can't blame them), you can get him for literally nothing.

11 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

I’m 3-1 but thin at RB. Personally I’m seriously thinking about trading him for Brieda.

I think he is a SELL LOW who could actually tank you in the playoffs. His value will only get lower the more he sits and eats ones of your bench spots.

Are you willing to really start him week 14 with your season on the line? NOPE.

Let someone else take that risk. SELL NOW. SELL LOW.

I'd most likely start LF at wk14 vs whomever I get in return at this point 

a lot of the buy low, drop, stash talk all depends on league setup, deep benches can certainly afford to stash but shallow benches with other injuries and bye weeks Fournette can easily turned into a luxury that you can not afford.  quite simply i think that as long as he stays off the IR he is a stash if you can

• Like 1

Just managed to pick him up and now have a stable of RBs that, when they return, should be fine ROS

Fournette, Bell, D. Freeman and Thompson

Who you gonna sell him for?

If you drafted, he's probably your 1st round pick, possibly 2nd.

If you auctioned, you probably paid top dollar for him.

Do you think you could get Sony Michel for him?  I bet you couldn't.  Even if you could, would you????

You have to hold him and hope he comes out and tears it up but it won't be for another 3 weeks minimum IMO.

It sucks, and I own him in 2 leagues including my Empire league.  He's killing me.

But I'm not going to give up.  People always make the same mistake in fantasy and they PANIC.

RELAX.   It it what it is.  Play your other guys, hit the waiver wire, and pray this guy brings you the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Full practice? He needs like 2 full months of rest.

Clearly he will need rest also, but when they bring him back have him prove he's good to go with a week of full practices before they bring him back on the field. None of this limited  nonsense 

3 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Clearly he will need rest also, but when they bring him back have him prove he's good to go with a week of full practices before they bring him back on the field. None of this limited  nonsense 

Lol, I’m scared for him to even practice. 

Yahoo took him off Can't Cut List finally. At least not held hostage by this guy anymore if he eventually ends up missing the season.

Espn still has him with a questionable tag he week so you cant place him on ir. They said he is out indef until further notice. Come on espn

If you are in good shape record wise, is it worth trading for him right now? Especially if the owner has a poor record? 

He should be back by the playoffs. 

• Like 1

IMO, he's a great buy low if you have a good record and can get him cheap.   He should be back towards the fantasy playoffs and will immediately be a high end option.  

1 minute ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Rather have gore on my bench than this clown 

Eaaaasy there big fella. No you wouldn't. <_<

29 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I don't know if I'll make the playoffs, but I have him and I'm 3-1. But I was also very active on the FA and WW, so I've done pretty well. In my case, I can't trade him or drop him. He's just there. Hopefully I can put him on my IR soon so I can activate Mixon.

If he’s not actually on IR, ESPN won’t let you put Fournette on your IR until he’s listed as “out” or “inactive” on Sunday. The best you can hope for is he’s listed as “out” on the initial injury report this week, which means you’ll have to wait until your league’s waivers claims are already done 

You know what irks me?  When these boneheads send cryptic tweets, or says things to the media like "I'm finally 100%", "Feels great to be 100% again", "Ready to roll this weekend".  Then they either get hurt again or just lay an egg and after the game "____________ admitted he wasn't 100% and may not be all season".  Reminds me of Fournette telling everyone he could've finished the game.  So he could've finished the game, but he couldn't even play 2 quarters 4 weeks after?

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

If he’s not actually on IR, ESPN won’t let you put Fournette on your IR until he’s listed as “out” or “inactive” on Sunday. The best you can hope for is he’s listed as “out” on the initial injury report this week, which means you’ll have to wait until your league’s waivers claims are already done 

I'm on Yahoo. I'm locked into my roster right now because Fournette and Mixon are both listed Questionable. Mixon is on my IR so I hope they move Fournette soon to Out so I can pick up my defense.

Edited by FitzMagic