fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm on Yahoo. I'm locked into my roster right now because Fournette and Mixon are both listed Questionable. Mixon is on my IR so I hope they move Fournette soon to Out so I can pick up my defense.

So apparently Yahoo works the same as ESPN...good to know for future reference if I ever play there

15 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

You know what irks me?  When these boneheads send cryptic tweets, or says things to the media like "I'm finally 100%", "Feels great to be 100% again", "Ready to roll this weekend".  Then they either get hurt again or just lay an egg and after the game "____________ admitted he wasn't 100% and may not be all season".  Reminds me of Fournette telling everyone he could've finished the game.  So he could've finished the game, but he couldn't even play 2 quarters 4 weeks after?

This idiot was claiming he could have kept playing during the week 1 game. Stfu Leonard, you’re crystal 

Looks like  Doug Marrone doesn't even know...

“It’s the same thing. There’s a thing that is pulling at it. It is legit, there’s something there. We just have to do everything we can to get that out, whatever that thing is that feels like it catches. That’s all I know, I don’t know the doctor-talk about it. I’m trying to give you the layman’s talk. He has this thing that feels like it catches. He’s not able open up ... If I knew exactly what the deal was and I could tell you [Fournette will miss] three, six, ten [games] or IR or whatever, I would. I just don’t know. Those injuries are tough. We talk about it by position, by player and we have talked about it every other way. I thought he was looking good. You guys were out there. You saw him working. It’s different when you’re playing in a game. The game is different.”

Edited by nk3323

1 minute ago, nk3323 said:

Looks like  Doug Marrone doesn't even know...

Image result for this is fine meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like Yeldon is just too good not to take production away from Fournette.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, phisouza33 said:

Agree, I’m sure all the 4-0 teams are gonna come low ballin this week. I’d rather keep on my bench than help some 4-0 team

They've been knocking on my door for a couple of weeks already.

Now I've calmed down a bit I'm just thanking my lucky stars I have Yeldon. There is absolutely no point in cutting Fournette loose now unless you are absolutely desperate - you're going to get nothing at all. I'm getting trade offers for Fournette and Yeldon as a package deal that are not worth much, particularly if you consider Yeldon's production - he's RB11 in our 0.5PPR league.

Bye week is week 9. Whatever happens in the meantime I'm holding Fournette until then (barring a terrific deal). Hopefully they will just let him be until week 10, then we'll see what we're left with.

10 hours ago, KuNiT21 said:

You know what irks me?  When these boneheads send cryptic tweets, or says things to the media like "I'm finally 100%", "Feels great to be 100% again", "Ready to roll this weekend".  Then they either get hurt again or just lay an egg and after the game "____________ admitted he wasn't 100% and may not be all season".  Reminds me of Fournette telling everyone he could've finished the game.  So he could've finished the game, but he couldn't even play 2 quarters 4 weeks after?

One of the hard things about something like a hamstring or a groin injury is often it DOES feel like it's fine and healed right up until you go full-out 100% on it then it hurts again. You can't tell if it's all the way back until you take it past that threshold and test it. on top of that going flat out on it to see if it's still hurt can often lead to a small setback. You kind of just have to make yourself take a certain amount of time off regardless of how it feels. I think that's why a lot of these guys with pulled hamstrings come back too early and then spend a whole season starting and injuring and starting and injuring it over and over. to them it really DOES full fine right up until it's not and I'm sure they're dying to get back on the field. Some of those soft tissue injuries are downright insidious. 

• Like 1

Please just mark him out so I can put him on ir and pick someone up off waivers tonight. I hate having this useless turd wasting a bench spot.

• Like 1

I think you have to be realistic with your trade expectations with Fournette. I wouldn't trade him away for nothing, because when he is healthy he will put up RB1 numbers. But you are probably only looking at the last few weeks of the fantasy season and playoffs. 

If you can swing him for a solid WR2 like Tate I'd do it. As far as I know, most people don't need WR's. Now if you can swing him for a RB like Adrian Peterson or Breida, I think you need to consider it. I was thinking Fournette could possibly get Hyde but I doubt it now.

Edited by LionKid90
  • Like 2

just trying to think about how these things usually play out: he got hurt Week 1, they sat him out 2 weeks and tried to play in week 4 and he got hurt again. I have to believe that he's going to sit out four weeks this time putting him on track to come back week 9. Problem is Jags have a bye week 9 so the earliest I think he's coming back is week 10. Actually I expect him to be back week 10. the positive is his four games to close the season starting week 10 are Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Indianapolis again. Playoff schedule isn't tough either. not everyone is in the same boat, but I'll hold for that schedule

would anyone actually feel comfortable starting him after the bye and into the fantasy playoffs? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yossarian said:

One of the hard things about something like a hamstring or a groin injury is often it DOES feel like it's fine and healed right up until you go full-out 100% on it then it hurts again. You can't tell if it's all the way back until you take it past that threshold and test it. on top of that going flat out on it to see if it's still hurt can often lead to a small setback. You kind of just have to make yourself take a certain amount of time off regardless of how it feels. I think that's why a lot of these guys with pulled hamstrings come back too early and then spend a whole season starting and injuring and starting and injuring it over and over. to them it really DOES full fine right up until it's not and I'm sure they're dying to get back on the field. Some of those soft tissue injuries are downright insidious. 

This 100%.  I know I’m not an NFL RB with their training staff and resources, but I did play soccer at the D1 and post-collegiate level. I’ve pulled my hamstring 3 times, and you literally can’t feel any pain or discomfort in the final stages of recovery before you are ready for game action again.  Twice I’ve gone back out when I thought I was fully recovered, and the first or second time I went full sprint... bam... there goes my hamstring.

You just can’t simulate the extra adrenaline and the way your body instinctively reacts in a game situation.  This is why I’m always cautious about starting guys coming back from soft tissue injuries.  They may not be as serious as broken bones, ACL, etc... but they are harder to predict.

1 hour ago, pjbyrne707 said:

would anyone actually feel comfortable starting him after the bye and into the fantasy playoffs? 

He’s gonna have to make it through a full game before he gets a chance from me. 

Guessing that’s week 11

Hopefully they come out today with a firm he'll be out at least 5 weeks. Him being 'Questionable' forced me to have to drop a good player so I could make a roster move. Unfortunately, my IR guy got put as 'Questionable' creating my roster problem. The downside of streaming certain positions. :( The frustrating thing is we all know he is not playing this week, yet he's 'Questionable'.

This has little to no value going forward considering the current landscape. 

Brittle. 

What do we expect from TJ Yeldon? Everyone here two weeks ago were saying he sucks, not worth a waiver claim, splitting with Grant, etc...

The next 3 games after KC after tough brutal run defenses. (DAL, HOU, PHI)  then a bye. Will Yeldon produce?

15 hours ago, leffe186 said:

They've been knocking on my door for a couple of weeks already.

The lowball guy in my league thought he was being sneaky last week trading Sony Michel and some WR4/5s for LF. Now he has immediate regret.

Does Yeldon have the upside as LF when he's fully healthy? No. But staying healthy is a key factor in the NFL and LF just hasn't proven it in his short career.

49 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

What do we expect from TJ Yeldon? Everyone here two weeks ago were saying he sucks, not worth a waiver claim, splitting with Grant, etc...

The next 3 games after KC after tough brutal run defenses. (DAL, HOU, PHI)  then a bye. Will Yeldon produce?

not sure how brutal DAL really is,  DET was able to run on them just fine.  but game flow is a concern as DAL is grinding out game with Zeke and their just aren't as many possessions for opposing offenses. 

but in general outside of great matchups i view yeldon as a startable rb because he has a starting job on a team.  i don't see the high ceiling, just a high floor, and should finish right in the middle of the pack, and it will be a timeshare just one that is in his favor, though i am afraid the leash is short during a game and can easily see Grant get a few extra touches if Yeldon doesn't get it going early on in a game

they should just IR him and get it over with,  then get him back week 13 fully healthy.  that gives them plenty of time to get him back into the game flow going into the playoffs.  they need to protect themselves against themselves and take away the temptation to put Fourtnette back in too early.  this way they have no choice, and additional time of rest never hurts a hamstring injury

• Like 1

For what it’s worth(not much), Rapoport speculating he’s out 2+ weeks. Video in link. Not confirmed obviously but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s out until after the bye at this point, which is what most people have been saying should happen. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/104758441029032348

this dude is soooooo high maintanence it’s not even funny. Never again with this guy.

Edited by Tyler Durden

He's not injury prone. 

He's never been injury prone. 

This is an aberration. 

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by HTM

He is injury prone and it is all his fault. I believe this because hamstring injuries are almost always because of an athlete putting in only the bare minimum work i.e. only working out when it is mandatory. This may because they have already busted their butt or relied on their talent for so long in that they feel they don't need the extra practice, workouts, etc...