fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He is injury prone and it is all his fault. I believe this because hamstring injuries are almost always because of an athlete putting in only the bare minimum work i.e. only working out when it is mandatory. This may because they have already busted their butt or relied on their talent for so long in that they feel they don't need the extra practice, workouts, etc...

this vendetta/crusade you have against fournette is getting to the point of absurdity.  you are now making attacks on his work habits and dedication?  do you even have anything to base this on?  did he steal your lunch money or something?   you even contradict yourself, first you say he does the bare minimum then you say he busted his butt at some point, which means that he couldn't have just done the bare minimum.  where are you getting your information?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

this vendetta/crusade you have against fournette is getting to the point of absurdity.  you are now making attacks on his work habits and dedication?  do you even have anything to base this on?  did he steal your lunch money or something?   you even contradict yourself, first you say he does the bare minimum then you say he busted his butt at some point, which means that he couldn't have just done the bare minimum.  where are you getting your information?

The absurdity is the number of hamstring injuries right now

I am speaking in general...could apply to Sammie Watkins or others nursing hamstring injuries. Seems like more of the diva type injury than an actual football injury these days

7 hours ago, Panthor said:

they should just IR him and get it over with,  then get him back week 13 fully healthy.  that gives them plenty of time to get him back into the game flow going into the playoffs.  they need to protect themselves against themselves and take away the temptation to put Fourtnette back in too early.  this way they have no choice, and additional time of rest never hurts a hamstring injury

Can someone educate me because im getting confused on hamstring injuries. One week its said that those injuries are tricky you can think youre feeling better than the next morning its even worse than before. And now people are talking about putting on IR after a setback? I mean couldnt he take it easy for 6 days and suddenly feel better while the team decided to put him on IR 4 days earlier?

59 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I am speaking in general...could apply to Sammie Watkins or others nursing hamstring injuries. Seems like more of the diva type injury than an actual football injury these days

Im nursing four hamstrings right now. On my roster that is. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Barkley, Saquon.

16 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

hamstring injuries are pretty common place in football nothing new here, sometimes they are even the scapegoat injury when someone is being rested in between weeks.  this is Fournette's first battle with a hamstring issue as far as i can remember

not sure why you choose to make judgements on these guys as "divas"  you don't know them personally, you don't know what they are like off the field, you don't know their work habits.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, Mattmac0912 said:

Call it a gut feeling but I say start fournette without reservations 

Once/if he has a real solid game this year, sell high as you can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Once/if he has a real solid game this year, sell high as you can.

too bad the trade deadline may pass before you get the chance

• Like 1

I just got over one of these.. I re-aggravated it twice, and it took about 3 months to get through it all.  I'm not a pro football player though...

It's a bad news injury, and in my case, the root cause was imbalances in my left leg strength that I'm trying to address.  Probably these guys need to work on their body mechanics, hip/glute strength, etc.   After my experience, I'd run like the plague from any player with one of these, in fantasy (especially an RB or WR that needs to sprint all the time and cut). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JetCityPersian said:

I just got over one of these.. I re-aggravated it twice, and it took about 3 months to get through it all.  I'm not a pro football player though...

It's a bad news injury, and in my case, the root cause was imbalances in my left leg strength that I'm trying to address.  Probably these guys need to work on their body mechanics, hip/glute strength, etc.   After my experience, I'd run like the plague from any player with one of these, in fantasy (especially an RB or WR that needs to sprint all the time and cut). 

Well that narrows it down to about half of the fantasy relevant players out there right now

Anyone trying to buy low because I am seriously debating it as I need rb depth. His price is going 2 be pretty cheap right now so the risk is minimal. I understand most owners aren't going 2 want to sell low but I am sure there are some frustrated owners who hate Leonard's face right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Anyone trying to buy low because I am seriously debating it as I need rb depth. His price is going 2 be pretty cheap right now so the risk is minimal. I understand most owners aren't going 2 want to sell low but I am sure there are some frustrated owners who hate Leonard's face right now. 

yes, but keep in mind there is a very real chance he might be out until after the bye.

I bought him yesterday...maybe spent too much? hard to say,  but i have the depth to make it through the bye without him if needed, so thought it might come in handy having another stud later in the year if he miraculously gets healthy :)

50 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I am heavily considering it. 

On 10/3/2018 at 8:50 PM, Palette said:

Can someone educate me because im getting confused on hamstring injuries. One week its said that those injuries are tricky you can think youre feeling better than the next morning its even worse than before. And now people are talking about putting on IR after a setback? I mean couldnt he take it easy for 6 days and suddenly feel better while the team decided to put him on IR 4 days earlier?

Hamstring injuries are very tricky. They can heal in two weeks or they can linger all season. 

51 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Lots of owners are still clinging to the 1st round price they paid for him.  I tried to get him from a 0-4 team before last night and he wanted James Conner + Sony Michel

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I would take a WR2 for him...make it happen true believers

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

[Removed Cool Story]

Another website (rhymes with pantasyfros) has his trade value at:

Marshawn Lynch, Sony Michel, Tevin Coleman, Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

A guy's been trying to trade me Yeldon, Fournette, Cook for Connor, Bell and C. Thompson. That's how far Cook and Fournette have fallen that someone is willing to let go of both of them.

I bought Fournette in a 10 team (keep 8) for Royce Freeman. Granted my trade partner was decimated by injury and I can currently afford the bench slot to hold Fournette all season of need be. I’m happy with that long term. 

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

absolutely do it, if you can afford a dead roster spot till week 10 or later, he is good when he plays

54 minutes ago, acidafterburn said:

A guy's been trying to trade me Yeldon, Fournette, Cook for Connor, Bell and C. Thompson. That's how far Cook and Fournette have fallen that someone is willing to let go of both of them.

Don't take that trade.

7 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Don't take that trade.

I declined. I countered with him giving me M. Ingram, Cook, Yeldon, Fournette, S. Diggs for me giving him Bell, Connor, C. Thompson, OBJ and Q. Enuwa and he declined lol

46 minutes ago, acidafterburn said:

I declined. I countered with him giving me M. Ingram, Cook, Yeldon, Fournette, S. Diggs for me giving him Bell, Connor, C. Thompson, OBJ and Q. Enuwa and he declined lol

Lol that’s what you call a blockbuster