fakespike

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

As a Fournette owner, I actually just traded FOR Yeldon in a 3-for-1 deal giving away Michael Thomas (the "1" part). Possibly facing 1-4 if Thomas sucks tonight (trade processes Wednesday) and I cannot get any production out of my RB2 slot with Fournette out. While I'm not high on Yeldon at all, I must admit he has looked pretty decent and is good in the passing game. 

Conversely, in my other two leagues with good RB depth and better records, I'll be keeping him in the IR spot as long as he has a shot of playing down the line.

Basically, I think if your team is living and dying by Fournette you can probably still get Yeldon for relatively cheap right now and at least have a playable RB for the next few weeks. If Fournette somehow ends up on IR, Yeldon is a possible RB1 ROS on volume and schedule. If you have a strong team and got lucky with late round/WW RBs might as well keep him.

I'm 4-1 as a Fournette/Yeldon owner. I'm planning to ship Fournette for Diggs very soon. I thought about holding Fournette but I don't trust him if/when he returns. My money is on Yeldon carrying the load the rest of the way and if you have him and can get another starter for Fournette, you do it.

4 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

As a Fournette owner, I actually just traded FOR Yeldon in a 3-for-1 deal giving away Michael Thomas (the "1" part). Possibly facing 1-4 if Thomas sucks tonight (trade processes Wednesday) and I cannot get any production out of my RB2 slot with Fournette out. While I'm not high on Yeldon at all, I must admit he has looked pretty decent and is good in the passing game. 

Conversely, in my other two leagues with good RB depth and better records, I'll be keeping him in the IR spot as long as he has a shot of playing down the line.

Basically, I think if your team is living and dying by Fournette you can probably still get Yeldon for relatively cheap right now and at least have a playable RB for the next few weeks. If Fournette somehow ends up on IR, Yeldon is a possible RB1 ROS on volume and schedule. If you have a strong team and got lucky with late round/WW RBs might as well keep him.

Agreed if you are somehow surviving without Yeldon just keep on keeping on and hope for the best. However, if you aren't Yeldon is probably one of the best bang for your buck fillers you can get.

Made of glass... I also draft michel and white but this guy is killing my fantasy ! Hope he come back early

Man this has been awful. Every fantasy owners worse nightmare is a player being rushed back from injury just to reinsure it. Never should’ve played week 4 and maybe he would’ve been 100% by now

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'm 4-1 as a Fournette/Yeldon owner. I'm planning to ship Fournette for Diggs very soon. I thought about holding Fournette but I don't trust him if/when he returns. My money is on Yeldon carrying the load the rest of the way and if you have him and can get another starter for Fournette, you do it.

I've got a standing offer for Yeldon straight up for Fournette in one league that I will be 3-2. I just don't know if I can do that yet... In another league, someone traded away Luck last week for Fournette. Value seems to be all over the place.

4 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Man this has been awful. Every fantasy owners worse nightmare is a player being rushed back from injury just to reinsure it. Never should’ve played week 4 and maybe he would’ve been 100% by now

Not only that but they didn't bother to ease him back in, gave him like 12 runs up the gut in the 1st quarter. retarded 

• Like 1

I would like to trade this guy but it sucks not getting near the value you should. I would at least like to get a decent wr2 for this guy but that feels near impossible. Anybody able to get something decent for him? 

2 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

I did exactly this last week. If Fournette comes back after the bye and beasts it then so be it, I'd rather have Yeldon for a bit at FLEX and then not have to worry about whether Fournette can make it to half time again.

The guys in my league were amazed that I managed to get somebody to trade for Fournette and leave me with Yeldon tbh. That's going to be your problem. Almost everyone is going to want Fournette and Yeldon as a package deal. If you can shift Fournette on his own I would jump at the chance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

I've got a standing offer for Yeldon straight up for Fournette in one league that I will be 3-2. I just don't know if I can do that yet... In another league, someone traded away Luck last week for Fournette. Value seems to be all over the place.

I have Conner, and finally accepted Bell for Fournette (he's been proposing it for 3 weeks)

2-3 now but still no discount on my Fournette. Let him rest until after the bye. I want him in my lineup for the stretch run and the playoffs. If the rest of my team isn't good enough to keep me afloat for the next month without him then I probably wasn't going to do crap anyway even with a healthy Fournette. If he ends up being a total loss then I'll accept it as the judgement of the gods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy is tough to own.  How many are going to have him on their Do Not Draft list next year?

I'm sure there are some owners who started out this season Fournette-Dalvin Cook.  Ouch.

3 hours ago, CooL said:

This guy is tough to own.  How many are going to have him on their Do Not Draft list next year?

I'm sure there are some owners who started out this season Fournette-Dalvin Cook.  Ouch.

I'm one of those owners...considering I've gotten 0 contribution from my top 2 picks the fact that I'm 2-3 is mind blowing

Reminds me of Shady some years ago when he battled "minor" hamstring injuries all year long when I picked him in the 1st round. Next year I could've had him in the late 2nd or early 3rd, but for obvious reasons passed on him twice. Predictably he cruised to a top 3 finish in that year.

Edited by frog34
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CooL said:

Fournette is dead to me in fantasy football and apparently to the Jags as well if they are working out Jamaal Charles

1 minute ago, Brh1219 said:

Here we go again espn has him as doubtful so i will have to drop 2 players to add anyone off the waiver ?

he was already ruled out yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

I know but espns tag is Doubtful so you cant make roster moves without adding him back off ir 

Yahoo did the same. I agree it is very frustrating. I think they do it to force you to drop someone. They usually wait until Wednesday after waivers to put it back. Its a little game they like to play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CooL said:

Dont feel bad, i drafted Fournette and Mickinnon 2nd and 3rd round. somehow i'm 2-3 because of lucky matchups

Yeah the new about working out other players is not an encouraging sign.  Looking like a multi-week absence with no timetable for return, ughhh.

Why dont they do it with bell? Hes out every week but bell could come back at any moment if they felt like. Fournette has already been ruled out

• Like 1

Just now, munygon2 said:

Yeah the new about working out other players is not an encouraging sign.  Looking like a multi-week absence with no timetable for return, ughhh.

Expect him back Week 10 at the earliest. That's what i've predicted from the second he went down again. I don't see any scenario where he returns any earlier.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Fournette is dead to me in fantasy football and apparently to the Jags as well if they are working out Jamaal Charles

Grant is out for the year, I wouldn’t draw conclusions to anything Fournette related with this work out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Expect him back Week 10 at the earliest. That's what i've predicted from the second he went down again. I don't see any scenario where he returns any earlier.

Except if he gets better and returns week 7?

Edited by koreaonaboat

5 minutes ago, koreaonaboat said:

Except if he gets better and returns week 7?

Not happening. He injured the same hamstring which had him out two weeks. They said they brought him back too early then. So, they definitely aren't bringing him back early now. Plus, they have a Week 9 Bye. So, it would be foolish for them to bring him back until after then.