Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

Fournette not being labeled "Out" on Yahoo is costing me the chance to pick up a player on waivers this week (tonight).

NFL.com / Ian Rapaport / CBSSports have already reported that he's out as of yesterday. Not sure what gives...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Week 10 would be the most logical return.  I think the worry at that point for Fournette owners, is that Yeldon does a great job in his absence, and it becomes more of a 50/50 timeshare at that point.  That wouldn't be good for anyone.

Yeldon's looked great all year, smooth, and decisive.  The only knock I could give him was his 20 yard run vs. KC last week, he made a terrible cut sideways directly into a trailing defender when he had only the Safety to beat in front of him.  So his vision might not be the best.  But none of the KC loss can be pinned on Yeldon or the backfield, it's all on Bortles in my opinion, with the 5 turnovers.

Just now, fantasymad said:

Jax would be smart to rest him for the next 3 weeks (weeks 6 7 8) and give him the bye week to rest. 

Make sure he is healthy and ready for stretch run starting week 10.

That or just shoot him and put us all out of our misery.  

3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Damn.

Realistically, assuming he comes back Week 10, what are the forecasts for him then? Can he return to elite RB1 status?

Too dark?

If healthy he’s up there with the best in the league.  If he comes back 100% after the bye and starts playing full games I think he will put up big numbers.   The chances of that happening is something I’m not sure of

15 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Too dark?

If healthy he’s up there with the best in the league.  If he comes back 100% after the bye and starts playing full games I think he will put up big numbers.   The chances of that happening is something I’m not sure of

i'm sure he comes back and will be great, the only question is when that happens and if you fantasy team can tread water long enough for it to even matter

21 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Damn.

Realistically, assuming he comes back Week 10, what are the forecasts for him then? Can he return to elite RB1 status?

1.5 quarters played, 5 points standard, 6 points ppr

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

wonderful news - at least that should square away his hamstring 

that's what they should have done to begin with then we could have had him maybe a week earlier in week 8, back and 100% healthy or even week 7

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

wonderful news - at least that should square away his hamstring 

What they need to do is actually "sit" and not "may sit". It's exhausting dealing with Yahoo constantly changing his status from Out to Questionable every week.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

What they need to do is actually "sit" and not "may sit". It's exhausting dealing with Yahoo constantly changing his status from Out to Questionable every week.

i'm at the point he isn't going to start for my team till the second game he is back, so i don't really care what designations they give him,  they can bring back the probable tag for all i care at this point, on the bench till game 2

Congratulations everyone we drafted the bust of the year. He has cost most owners 2 losses and wasted a bench spot the other 4 weeks and will continue to waste a bench spot for 4 more. Dont even want to think of all the players I had to pass on with this bum taking up a spot on my roster.

Realistically...has anyone missed the entire season for a bad hamstring? Or are we seeing history in the making?

Just now, stay_woke said:

Congratulations everyone we drafted the bust of the year. He has cost most owners 2 losses and wasted a bench spot the other 4 weeks and will continue to waste a bench spot for 4 more. Dont even want to think of all the players I had to pass on with this bum taking up a spot on my roster.

I think of them every day. Saquan Barkley, Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey. 

I really bought into him as this generational talent -- too big, too strong, too fast -- with a workhorse role to boot, in an offense completely devoted to feeding him the ball. 

Seems insane to take him before Gordon, but that's how high I was on Fournette. 

I play in 2 leagues every year. Last year my two 1st round picks were David Johnson and Odell Beckham. You know how those turned out. Now Fournette. 

Next year I think I'll just trade my 1st round pick for someone's 2nd round pick. 

Archived