Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Realistically...has anyone missed the entire season for a bad hamstring? Or are we seeing history in the making?

The injury was probably worse than reported and needed more time to heal. They rushed him back and he aggravated the injury. Plus, he's a little fragile to begin with. I've never seen this before really. Because if it was only a grade 1 pull he was out the maximum time needed to recover.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I think of them every day. Saquan Barkley, Melvin Gordon, Christian McCaffrey. 

I really bought into him as this generational talent -- too big, too strong, too fast -- with a workhorse role to boot, in an offense completely devoted to feeding him the ball. 

Seems insane to take him before Gordon, but that's how high I was on Fournette. 

I play in 2 leagues every year. Last year my two 1st round picks were David Johnson and Odell Beckham. You know how those turned out. Now Fournette. 

Next year I think I'll just trade my 1st round pick for someone's 2nd round pick. 

I was really referring to missed waiver wire guys while this guy was on my bench but youre also 100% right. Should have taken melvin but I had him his rookie year when he was garbage and couldnt rationalize spending a 1st round pick on him. I play in 1 league every year and my 1st pick last year was evans and the year before that was hopkins. ?

Really anybody who's taken Fournette should've handcuffed Yeldon, who was available in K/DST territory in my 12 team draft. Same goes for Bell/Conner, Freeman/Coleman, Mixon/Gio and so on. You absolutely must handcuff your workhorse RB you took in the 1st or 2nd round, even if you reach for the handcuff.

Of course I'm mad that Leo is going to miss much more time, but Yeldon is a solid fill-in so that I can patiently await Leo's return. However, if you are 1-4, or 2-3 without Yeldon, you probably have to sell for pennies on the dollar.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Realistically...has anyone missed the entire season for a bad hamstring? Or are we seeing history in the making?

This could be the longest hamstring strain I’ve ever heard of

Florida Football Insiders reports a "source having knowledge of the Jaguars' thinking" expects the team to sit Leonard Fournette (hamstring) through the Week 9 bye.

Fournette has been ruled out very early in the week the past two weeks and hasn't practiced at all since re-injuring his hamstring in Week 4. Jacksonville is in Dallas this week, which Fournette has already been ruled out for, and then hosts the Texans in Week 7 before going to London for a date with the Eagles in Week 8. The Jaguars then have their bye. It may make the most sense to let Fournette rest through the open date and have him for the stretch run.

Four weeks regular season and then playoffs. Logically one would probably only start him after he gets in a full game without leaving early. So that's three weeks, plus playoffs. If I'm waiting this long for my #2 pick to contribute, then I better win a title. As it stands, Fournette and Cooper are on my Do Not Draft list unless I get them in the 15th round.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Four weeks regular season and then playoffs. Logically one would probably only start him after he gets in a full game without leaving early. So that's three weeks, plus playoffs. If I'm waiting this long for my #2 pick to contribute, then I better win a title. As it stands, Fournette and Cooper are on my Do Not Draft list unless I get them in the 15th round.

Depending on the matchup, I’d start him immediately.  He’s not like Bell who’s been away from the team.

12 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Florida Football Insiders reports a "source having knowledge of the Jaguars' thinking" expects the team to sit Leonard Fournette (hamstring) through the Week 9 bye.

Fournette has been ruled out very early in the week the past two weeks and hasn't practiced at all since re-injuring his hamstring in Week 4. Jacksonville is in Dallas this week, which Fournette has already been ruled out for, and then hosts the Texans in Week 7 before going to London for a date with the Eagles in Week 8. The Jaguars then have their bye. It may make the most sense to let Fournette rest through the open date and have him for the stretch run.

In the beginning I was frustrated with him. But now Im more accepting of this news. We all just gotta stay above water for the next few weeks. I think if he gets enough time to heal he'll make up some what of what we lost with him. We will be rewarded towards the end of the season and if we make it to playoffs. Fantasy is all about adjustment. Make moves and stay afloat until we get the beast back.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yea that's strange. I mean he was tagged as having the injury bug wen he arrived but this is something else entirely smh 

10 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

In the beginning I was frustrated with him. But now Im more accepting of this news. We all just gotta stay above water for the next few weeks. I think if he gets enough time to heal he'll make up some what of what we lost with him. We will be rewarded towards the end of the season and if we make it to playoffs. Fantasy is all about adjustment. Make moves and stay afloat until we get the beast back.

Or come back and immediately reinjure himself. I hope you’re right

21 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Or come back and immediately reinjure himself. I hope you’re right

I hope I'm right too man. This is why it's so important to draft well and make solid pick-ups throughout the year. Factoring in the possibility of one of your best players going down. This honestly makes you a better fantasy player over time. Each year that goes by. When something like this hits. It's frustrating at first but you make the moves needed to hold til the end. I hope I'm right. Let's hope he gets enough rest and doesn't reinjure it when he does come back. But I made sure to draft some other strong RBs and pickup some rentals until things get better.

34 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

What are you selling him for in you’re a 0-5, 1-4 owner?

Holding him in hopes that he balls out in week 14 so that I can win the sacko bowl and not do the ridiculous punishment my league has chosen for the year

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Holding him in hopes that he balls out in week 14 so that I can win the sacko bowl and not do the ridiculous punishment my league has chosen for the year

More explanation needed here.  Running naked through the grocery store?  Tattoo on your buttock?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought he was a buy low, but I just can't do it on this news.  We don't have an IR spot in our league, so he's just deadweight right now for his 1-4 owner.

42 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

What are you selling him for in you’re a 0-5, 1-4 owner?

I’m that guy and at this point I’m not selling him to anyone. I’m not gonna help some team for a playoff run. He’s mine, he’s basically ruined my season. I may be toast but I’m sure as hell ain’t helping someone else out by selling now

3 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

I’m that guy and at this point I’m not selling him to anyone. I’m not gonna help some team for a playoff run. He’s mine, he’s basically ruined my season. I may be toast but I’m sure as hell ain’t helping someone else out by selling now

I get it but still pretty irrational.  That’s the response I’m getting in a bunch of my leagues, guys are refusing to sell low even if they’re doomed if he sits 4 weeks

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

I get it but still pretty irrational.  That’s the response I’m getting in a bunch of my leagues, guys are refusing to sell low even if they’re doomed if he sits 4 weeks

I haven’t had any offers, I just imagine they would be worthless though. I’m sure if something reasonable came along I would listen. If your sitting 2-3, 3-3 maybe even 1-4 I get it. 0-5 it’s over, that’s why I doubt he’s leaving my team. Jmo

11 minutes ago, CooL said:

More explanation needed here.  Running naked through the grocery store?  Tattoo on your buttock?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought he was a buy low, but I just can't do it on this news.  We don't have an IR spot in our league, so he's just deadweight right now for his 1-4 owner.

10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I'm intrigued.

Dinner with a blow up doll at a decent restaurant while the rest of the league sits at a table laughing.

I guess it beats last year of running two back to back beer miles in a dress.

3 hours ago, Panthor said:

the only question is when that happens and if you fantasy team can tread water long enough for it to even matter

I have another question (rhetorical).  

When will he get hurt again?

I traded Fournette for Bell (have Conner already) in one league.

In another, 2 weeks ago, I offered Peterson+Henry for him.  That was rejected, and he countered with Ingram for Powell (I said no).

The first one is an upside gamble/insurance, since I think it's no better than 50/50 Bell plays at all this year.

The second is meh.  Might've lucked out there.

Is it just me or does seeing this thread just piss you off as a Fournette owner? 

Knowing we drafted the bust of the year. Bell owners at least knew for a fact to draft Conner or to pick him up before the season started since there was founded uncertainty as to whether Bell would play at the start of the year.

Whereas Fournette was coming into the season not only healthy, but having shed 15 pounds. People who owned Fournette last year and people who did some research were smart to draft Yeldon as a handcuff, but with the fact that LF was healthy and shed weight in the offseason, I personally had little to no worries about his health. Perhaps this is on me, as I did not own him last year and didn't think he was this injury prone or this much of a headache to own. Pair that with the fact that I just didnt think Yeldon would even be worth owning in the case of a Fournette injury. I just dont think he's that good or that the Jags game plan would revolve around him enough to make him consistently fantasy relevant.

Add on to all of that is the fact that after the injury happened in-game, reports were that it wasn't that serious and LF himself was quoted saying something like "I couldnt went back in but they held me out" and then he ends up missing games even after saying that. He comes back and AGAIN burns owners by exiting the game before the 2nd quarter even ends. Literally worse than not playing. At least we couldve played someone decent on the bench. Instead its a guaranteed 3 or 5 points during those 2 weeks from a very valuable RB or flex spot. Probably cost a lot of us the game those weeks.

I know in standard h2h leagues Fournette's status is more of an annoyance than anything, since he can still come back late in the season and maybe help us win a championship. But for any of us who are in a league where total points on the whole season are a large part of the prize pool, this guy absolutely tanked your team this year.

not only missing games but killing your week by supposedly being "good to go" and barely making it through 1.5 quarters when you had a more than serviceable option on your bench. you get a 3 or a 5 spot and just watch yourself lose by 5-10 which wouldnt have happened if the guy was simply "Out" for the week. 

Every time I see this guys name I cringe as a LF owner. To add insult to injury  I am stuck watching the luckiest guy in the league year in and year out start Yeldon and reap the benefits. His RBs are literally Bernard and Yeldon, and he's getting away with it. Sickening.

Add in the fact that after only 5 weeks, this guy is a complete headache to own. It might seem crazy but I've even told my own competitors in every league i'm in to stay away from this guy at all costs. I can safely say "never again". 

Archived