Rotoworld.com Forums

Leonard Fournette 2018 Outlook

fakespike

On 11/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Joe Odam said:

I'd rather get one quarter of 4Net than a full game of Crowell

Turns out Howard was the worse call....who'da thunk it?  Won both even with these bad decisions...was ECSTATIC to see him come back strong. 

All Aboooooaaaaard!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

2.2 YPC. Not exactly fireworks but the TD's helped

As long as he can stay healthy and dominate touches even in negative game flow...the big gainers will come.   There will still be plenty of 2 yard gains but that’s how you wear down the D and get your stud back rolling.     

Great first game back 

Thoughts this week against the Steelers? He shredded them in both games last year. Close to 300 rushing yards and 5 TDS in 2 games. Huge Steeler fan and their D has stepped up recently and has been tough against the run. I’m still firing him up, but not expecting anything close to what he threw up in either one of the games last year. 

17 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

Thoughts this week against the Steelers? He shredded them in both games last year. Close to 300 rushing yards and 5 TDS in 2 games. Huge Steeler fan and their D has stepped up recently and has been tough against the run. I’m still firing him up, but not expecting anything close to what he threw up in either one of the games last year. 

Flowers is supposed to start at LT. That is not a good thing. If the Jags D can step it up and keep the Steelers O in check, I like the game flow better for Fournette. Assuming Bortles doesn't completely f things up also.

Great game by Fournette...He will help offset the loss of Conner ( who sucks now ) as I limp into the playoffs

Bortles is so so so bad.  Fournette was looking really good through the 3rd quarter and then they just ran him into a wall over and over and over and over as the Pit D had zero respect for Bortles. Shame on marone for lacking any creativity whatsoever.  Bortles cannot be their QB next year. 

13 minutes ago, fakespike said:

Bortles is so so so bad.  Fournette was looking really good through the 3rd quarter and then they just ran him into a wall over and over and over and over as the Pit D had zero respect for Bortles. Shame on marone for lacking any creativity whatsoever.  Bortles cannot be their QB next year. 

They don’t trust him at all. I’m a huge Steeler fan and they could’ve put the ball in Bortles hand to end the game but ran Fournette into a wall 3 times. Fournette ran much better today than he did against the Colts. Idk why they don’t throw to him more though, he’s had back to back nice games through the air. 

1 hour ago, fakespike said:

he is horrendous. I think quarterbacking is really mostly legs, and Bortles and David Carr are all arm. they have the physique and "the look", but not the skills, the sharpness, or the moxy. If I'm either GM, I'm looking to sell for picks to a team desperate for a QB -- or if I'm a team with a middling QB, I'm looking to sell him to the Jags and Raiders.

not quite sure how to rate Fournette ROS. obviously he's a candidate to limp off in the 2nd quarter and ruin your week... but he also can go 100+ with a TD or two. 

Do you guys prefer him over Mixon? 

12 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

he is horrendous. I think quarterbacking is really mostly legs, and Bortles and David Carr are all arm. they have the physique and "the look", but not the skills, the sharpness, or the moxy. If I'm either GM, I'm looking to sell for picks to a team desperate for a QB -- or if I'm a team with a middling QB, I'm looking to sell him to the Jags and Raiders.

not quite sure how to rate Fournette ROS. obviously he's a candidate to limp off in the 2nd quarter and ruin your week... but he also can go 100+ with a TD or two. 

Do you guys prefer him over Mixon? 

Its been 2 week and he looks great. Getting tons of touches. The offense runs through him. Must start ROS.

14 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Tell me more about how this guy wouldn’t be a top 5 back across a full season? Zeke effect means defense is more well rested too

The problem is you can’t count on him to play a full season.  Talent and workload aren’t even in question, which is why he went late first round in most drafts, but his injury concerns are much high than the other RBs in top 5 consideration.

To guarantee top 5 is splitting hairs with the other elite guys, but I’d say top 8 would be a given if he ever actually plays 16 games.

I sincerely hope that all bashers and nay-sayers have recognized by now that Fournette is one of the few true bellcow RBs on a team that actually wants to pound the air out of the ball. The injury sucked and the high injury risk still sucks. But when he's suiting up you play Fournette as solid RB1 on talent and volume. Him sitting out made some people forget how good he actually is.

Archived